IGNORED

Starbucks supports gay marriage and pisses off the fundies

Shina

Okay, I'm not a big Starbucks fan but this news makes me do a happy dance. :dance: :dance:

Plus there's the great bonus of all the furious "pro-family" wingnuts who have got their panties in a twist.

And now all I can think about is the huge amount of my evangelical buddies who will spend the day hand-wringing about whether or not they should boycott their precious carmel frappuccinos. Sort of like this dude:

http://www.boundlesslineDOTorg/2012/02/ ... ss+Line%29

http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/25/news/co ... /index.htm

Edited to break the link and because I can't spell frappuccino.

Guest Anonymous
Okay, I'm not a big Starbucks fan but this news makes me do a happy dance. :dance: :dance:

Plus there's the great bonus of all the furious "pro-family" wingnuts who have got their panties in a twist.

And now all I can think about is the huge amount of my evangelical buddies who will spend the day hand-wringing about whether or not they should boycott their precious carmel frappuccinos. Sort of like this dude:

I'll have an opinion to render as soon as I come back from buying some Blonde Roast at Starbucks.

I'm almost out of coffee, so now I plan to get some of that Blonde Roast to try. Also, a mocha frappucchino sounds really good right now, which is my idea of a treat.

Guest Anonymous
I'm almost out of coffee, so now I plan to get some of that Blonde Roast to try. Also, a mocha frappucchino sounds really good right now, which is my idea of a treat.

You'll love the Blonde Roast, it has a nice, smooth, mellow taste. Since the local Starbucks is only 2 blocks from my house, I plan to grace them with my presence much more often, just on principle.

Eh, any fundy clutching their pearls over Starbucks supporting marriage equality is a) ten years too late, b) lazy as fuck, c) Captain Obvious. Say what you will about the company, but their stance on gay rights has never been anything but stellar and exemplary.

Come to the gay side: we have coffee and cookies!

Wonder what Zsu says about this...

I remember, when I just started reading her blog, when she scored a coupon for a cream frap and posted a picture of it - I didn't know which hypocrisy to laugh at first, her visiting Starbucks at all, or getting the most unhealthy, artificial-ingredient laden item on the entire menu. Mrs Organic "I feel faint at the mere sight of conventional food", my ass.

Edited for riffles.

I am proud to be drinking my cup of Starbucks, just across the river from Washington, where, last night, gay marriage was passed. If only my state hadn't given it and taken it away so quickly-- hope that doesn't happen in WA.

I don't usually do 'Bucks for coffee, we have a surfeit of good local roasters and coffee shops in town. But today while I'm out and about I grab a cup to show my solidarity with teh gayz.

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed reading all the fundie hand-wringing in the comments. Sooner or later, I think they'll find that their numbers are too small to have any impact; and that they've alienated all potential allies with their needless hatefulness. I can only hope anyway.

Good. Now maybe they won't take over the whole fucking shop for their goddamn bible studies.

I don't really know anything about Starbucks as a company, but it it really a huge surprise to fundies that they'd support gay marriage? It never seemed like a super-conservative organization to me. If only I liked coffee... :mrgreen:

Eh, any fundy clutching their pearls over Starbucks supporting marriage equality is a) ten years too late, b) lazy as fuck, c) Captain Obvious. Say what you will about the company, but their stance on gay rights has never been anything but stellar and exemplary.

Come to the gay side: we have coffee and cookies!

Coffee and cookies?!?! I am so there!!!!!!!

I'm not the biggest fan of Starbucks. I usually get my coffee fix at many of the local coffee shops that dot the Milwaukee community. However, I just might have to stop over at my local 'bucks for a cuppa Joe.

If only I liked coffee...

Three words for you: Chai tea latte

I don't like coffee either, (but I do like the way it smells, how weird is that?), but Starbucks Chai tea lattes are my comfort drink.

Personally, I think it's a bit unfair how Starbucks has become somewhat of a corporate whipping boy. They do treat their employees well, always end up on the list of great companies to work for, and they support gay rights.

Yes, the drinks are pricey, but how is it any different from people paying jacked-up prices for beer, wine, and liquor at bars?

Sure, if you go to Starbucks twice a day, and then complain that you're broke, I have no sympathy for you.

But ii's nice to know that wherever you see the sign, you'll get a nice drink, pleasant surroundings, and good service.

And evidently you are pissing off some fundies while you're at it! ;)

Wouldn't it be great if there were enough fundies who were so frazzled that they started their own Christly coffee shop franchise? That way they could get their frap fixes but not support the ebil heathens and sinners.

It could be just like McDowd's in "Coming to America".

Wouldn't it be great if there were enough fundies who were so frazzled that they started their own Christly coffee shop franchise? That way they could get their frap fixes but not support the ebil heathens and sinners.

It could be just like McDowd's in "Coming to America".

We sort of have that in my town: mamacarmen.com/ I think it's actually probably a really good cause, but I get annoyed with everyone suggesting that if you're a Christian, you should only go there for your coffee.

Starbucks has always been supportive of gay rights, I had a co-worker many moons ago who's girlfriend worked for SB and they already had benefits for partners back then.

Or it might end up being just like Chick-fil-A (as in, completely delicious) and I'll be forever sad over not being able to eat there, on clear conscience :(

Personally, I think it's a bit unfair how Starbucks has become somewhat of a corporate whipping boy. They do treat their employees well, always end up on the list of great companies to work for, and they support gay rights.

Very true. I've been with them for four years now and have been very, very happy with all policies and practices regarding employees. The day I snapped and kicked out a customer for a slur directed at another employee - and was not only supported, but applauded, by the regional manager present - is one of the brightest in my retail career.

Coffee and cookies?!?! I am so there!!!!!!!

It's a good time of the year to visit, too, we have Casi Cielo right now and that stuff is actually divine.

White chocolate mocha frappe with a shot of vanilla and one of those yummy red velvet cake minis.

I'll stop by when I go drop off the spousal units RX at CVS. There's a Starbucks right next door.

I don't really know anything about Starbucks as a company, but it it really a huge surprise to fundies that they'd support gay marriage? It never seemed like a super-conservative organization to me. If only I liked coffee... :mrgreen:

They have a few non-coffee frappuccino drinks, like their vanilla bean or strawberries & creme... mmmm. I may need to stop at Starbucks tonight.

It amazes me that people are boycotting.

"Someone has an opinion on a political matter that will affect me in no way! How dare they disagree with me?"

Hmm, maybe I should give it a shot! I did try the hot chocolate once, but for some reason it was kind of nasty. I know they have those amazing big ass muffins and stuff.

Starbucks has always been supportive of gay rights, I had a co-worker many moons ago who's girlfriend worked for SB and they already had benefits for partners back then.

I was going to say the same thing about the benefits for partners. My cousin and his partner have a list of companies that offer benefits for partners and SB was on the list.

They have a strawberry-banana smoothie thing that's really good. And a white chocolate something-or-other, it's a hot drink, that's really good. I enjoy Starbucks but don't get there very often, although now I want some. This makes me happy. :)

Archived