IGNORED

Young Duggar friend who is engaged/promised

snickerz

ecclesiaorg/truth/betrothal.html

Yuck.

-They make dating sound like the ultimate sin as if if you choose to date, your married will be doomed.

-Compared to betrothal, I would choose courtship any day. At least I can possibly have hand sex with my boyfriend. Betrothal just sounds like a complete arranged marriage with the daughter having little to no say in that decision. At least for courtship, the parents allow the daughter to pray about it.

The Redman family, the same family who attended Botkin's wedding last year, prefers betrothal according to one blog spot they had sometime ago

ourfullhouse.com/home/17-courtship/31-betrothal-should-we-kiss-courtship-goodbye-.html

hapamama, I'm 35 and still trying to figure that out! Give him time, is all I'm saying. :)

The weirdest part of the whole arranged marriage thing for me is that, in the sense of "parents introduce adult children and maybe they hit it off", I would totally trust my mom to set me up with some candidates. But my mom is about as far from fundie as you can get and we have an awesome relationship, and I am 35 and have a pretty good sense for what I'd want in a husband. I am not an oversheltered fundie teenage girl who knows nothing about herself because she's not been allowed to be herself. It's just ghastly, what happens to these girls.

The Redman family, the same family who attended Botkin's wedding last year, prefers betrothal according to one blog spot they had sometime ago

ourfullhouse.com/home/17-courtship/31-betrothal-should-we-kiss-courtship-goodbye-.html

Oh I love these folks they live in this great house that is huge and one daughter sleeps in a decorated walk in closet. :lol:

For fundys marriage is the ultimate career.

While I certainly don't think 15-year-olds should be getting married, I don't think having figured out what you want to do as a career is necessarily a prerequisite for getting engaged. Lots of people get engaged and married before they know exactly what they want to do and still manage to have successful marriages.

If they weren't fundies, if this was just two normal 15/16-year olds "getting engaged" I wouldn't think much of it. Kind of like how some people like to post that they're engaged/married/divorced/whatever on Facebook just for fun. The only real troubling thing I see in this situation is that they might be expected to go through with getting married even if they decided they would rather not.

Oh I love these folks they live in this great house that is huge and one daughter sleeps in a decorated walk in closet. :lol:

Do you have a link to that post? :pray:

www.ourfullhouse.com/home/35-open-house.html

Carrie Redman is deserving of her own thread, she disciplines babies, has her elder daughter wear her infant. They have fellowship evenings to celebrate Douggies adventures (return from the amazon) go to all the royal weddings and she thinks its time to return to early marriage(her 18 yo still home). I wish the blog were date indexed, but its subject indexed. I've spent most of this evening revisiting her writing. I forgot how crazy she is, but she's very subtle in her religious insanity. Really a wolf in sheeps clothing. She can be almost passable unless you know the players and the names she is dropping.

Oh and she's an adopter, who advises folks how to adopt debt free. She talks about all the successful fundraising methods her family has used so that they can adopt children from Liberia. And you can learn how to fit 12 people in one motel room just so you can suck up a free breakfast buffet for your brood. A wealth of info.

Enjoy with my best wishes LPL, Carrie is one for the ages.

http://www.ourfullhouse.com/home/35-open-house.html

Carrie Redman is deserving of her own thread, she disciplines babies, has her elder daughter wear her infant. They have fellowship evenings to celebrate Douggies adventures (return from the amazon) go to all the royal weddings and she thinks its time to return to early marriage(her 18 yo still home). I wish the blog were date indexed, but its subject indexed. I've spent most of this evening revisiting her writing. I forgot how crazy she is, but she's very subtle in her religious insanity. Really a wolf in sheeps clothing. She can be almost passable unless you know the players and the names she is dropping.

Oh and she's an adopter, who advises folks how to adopt debt free. She talks about all the successful fundraising methods her family has used so that they can adopt children from Liberia. And you can learn how to fit 12 people in one motel room just so you can suck up a free breakfast buffet for your brood. A wealth of info.

Enjoy with my best wishes LPL, Carrie is one for the ages.

Yes, yes she is. :shock: I have so many questions and hope to talk about her in the morning. Wow.

I failed to mention, she has posted photos of her positive pee sticks and is vehemently against mandatory reporting of child abuse.

I knew you would enjoy her Ladypuglover. I'm still having a hard time understanding just how many kids they've adopted. In some earlier posts there were older children who are no longer mentioned...

Archived