IGNORED

Come Dine with Me Series

tropaka

I don't know if this shows in the US or not - but it's a series that started in the UK where 4 dinner hosts square off in their homes. The UK one is much better than the Canadian but the Canadian one is coming on. It's generally pretty entertaining - but are there any fans out there who want to dish on it?

I've only ever seen the UK version, but I did enjoy it. I had no idea there was a Canadian one! It's always so funny to hear the folks on the show talk themselves up and brag about how they're super awesome hosts--only to completely ignore the guests to focus on the food prep. :P Not that there's anything wrong with that (that's how I "host" due to being socially inept), but don't call yourself an awesome hostess if that's how you do things! Argh!

I watch the Canadian one when i can catch it. I just sit back and think, I would so kick their butt if I was given a chance. They only film in Southern Ontario though.

I watch the Canadian one, because it's what's on here. I find it pretty funny and entertaining most of the time. I don't usually catch the new episodes, but they play it on Sundays on W so I watch those on occasion.

New series on tonight on W (Canadian)...so far bleh...seen some good rounds....lovely when you have a show where guaranteed someone will be drunk off their ass, be so confident and have everything fail etc....what I like is that there seems to be a wide range of people shown, and heck, they SMOKE!

• 1 month later...

leave it to me to start a thread and then forget about it....the last round of the Canadian show seemed, for the most part, profoundly unsophisticated (except for the guy who won - or I'm assuming he did because I totally lost interest - Aldo? Did he win?)

Last week did like the rice crispie treat sushi rolls - although I think I'd serve that at a kids' birthday party rather than a dinner party competition.

Archived