IGNORED

God values the lives of unborn babies and infants

formergothardite

Do the Christians on here feel like this thread was saying all Christians are dumb and don't read the Bible? Because I don't feel that way at all. Fundies, I have found have a tendency to only read certain passages and come to a conclusion and then try and make the Bible support it, but I don't think all Christians are that way.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do the Christians on here feel like this thread was saying all Christians are dumb and don't read the Bible? Because I don't feel that way at all. Fundies, I have found have a tendency to only read certain passages and come to a conclusion and then try and make the Bible support it, but I don't think all Christians are that way.

We are a bit hard on Christians around here. :)

I was referring only to Christians who take their leader's word for it that X is true. tbh, I may not take the Bible as literal historical truth, but I do love to argue with those who do because they usually do not have more than a 'sound byte' or two on critical issues. The only way you can be a Christian fundamentalist is to reject a lot of your own holy book in favor of some skewed interpretation.

I've seen some threads were people were fairly harsh to fundamental Jews too, we just get more Christians around these parts. LOL

Yeah, those can be hard for me to read because it is closer to home. Until FJ, I romanticized the Chassidim and did not realize all the abuses going on.

Archived