IGNORED

Seppi wedding site

Marian the Librarian

thanks for the redirect....

I still feel kinda squicky about this union...maybe it's the age difference.. IDK.

The age difference isn't really so bad...but he looks older than he is due to his hair (and what's with the bump on his noggin?)...that and them mentioning that they met at some point when she was a child....

I think I read his father was a big whig in the John Birch society.

Yup this is gonna be a big John Birch shindig, chances are Fami and her FIL will show up.

And another thing, they registered for 12 dinner plates at $1.99 each and 12 salad plates at $1.49 each. Way to dream big!

I have plates that were probably $1 that I got at BB&B years ago. They're fine. But would I put them on my wedding registry? I can afford $42 for some plates.

The age difference isn't really so bad...but he looks older than he is due to his hair (and what's with the bump on his noggin?)...that and them mentioning that they met at some point when she was a child....

Unless he is cruel to her in some way, she could do a lot worse. She's known him a long time, they have similar religious beliefs, he has a stable job, and he does have a kind smile. We've yet to see any chemistry between the two in their pictures.

Found his web site. He does personal injury law, trusts & estates and criminal law. Those are 3 areas of law that have not taken a hit with the economy. He's probably got as much work as he wants to do.

Why does he have to talk about divorce in his story? I know its true but is it relevant to talk about your ex in your wedding website?

I was on their blog, reading their post on their engagement; does anyone know what the hell they mean with the "covenant cup" and what exactly is in that glass that they're drinking? Wouldn't surprise me if it's grape juice but just curious.

All and all, the Seppi family has always creeped me out. That guy is sending my creep factor a tad bit high.

Unless he is cruel to her in some way, she could do a lot worse. She's known him a long time, they have similar religious beliefs, he has a stable job, and he does have a kind smile. We've yet to see any chemistry between the two in their pictures.

Found his web site. He does personal injury law, trusts & estates and criminal law. Those are 3 areas of law that have not taken a hit with the economy. He's probably got as much work as he wants to do.

1- How would we know that someone's smile is "kind"? Actually, what constitutes a kind smile anyway?

2- Age differences can be overcome, but...

Groom selected by Dad/"arranged" marriage, groom's daughter close in age to bride, "courtship" model, balance of power hugely weighted in one direction...

I hope I am wrong, but I can easily foresee a future situation like a couple of situations that have resulted in "train wreck" threads on FJ

1- How would we know that someone's smile is "kind"? Actually, what constitutes a kind smile anyway?

2- Age differences can be overcome, but...

Groom selected by Dad/"arranged" marriage, groom's daughter close in age to bride, "courtship" model, balance of power hugely weighted in one direction...

I hope I am wrong, but I can easily foresee a future situation like a couple of situations that have resulted in "train wreck" threads on FJ

I guess looking at a picture of someone and thinking, "Gee, that looks like a kind person" is subjective to each person. We've noted in other threads that certain people look like they have a kind personality (most recently mentioned in the Bethany wedding thread where it was noted that her sister Maude looked like a kind person).

Your description of these marriages is right on target. Each one of these women born into fundie-hood is in the same boat. So, if they end up with someone who is kind to them, has a stable living, etc., then they come out ahead of the game based on what circumstances are available to them and those in their ilk.

http://www.ewedding.com/sites/ReginaGreg/

Password is April21Wedding.

He was 22 and she was 8 the first time they met...

If an older man who I had known since I was 8 and he was 22 suddenly expressed an romantic interest in me. My question would be 'just for how long have you felt like this for?' because I would be concerned that he might have been fancying me since I was 8 rather then any age gap. Does that make sense?

• 1 month later...

I wanted to bump this up because the engagement party photos have been posted. I don't know how to do screen grabs or I would. But in case you were wondering, that unfortunate bump is still visible.

melodys-notes.blogspotdotcom/2012/03/greg-reginas-wedding-shower.html

I loathe the Seppis. People who post pictures of women getting abortions may not be the absolute worst kinds of people, but they're pretty close.

She's 29 in September, making him 43. Maybe he can't get it up w/o pharmaceutical help and that's the big secret.

I am delurking just to say that they are PROUD that he is/was a part of the John Birch Society?!?!?!?! :o

That makes me want to vomit. In the 1950s & 60s the JBS was what people joined when they wanted to keep their hands cleans of the actions of the KKK. In some ways, the JBS is more dangerous then the KKK because it has a white-washed veneer.

Ugh. I can't believe the beliefs these people have.

I am delurking just to say that they are PROUD that he is/was a part of the John Birch Society?!?!?!?! :o

That makes me want to vomit. In the 1950s & 60s the JBS was what people joined when they wanted to keep their hands cleans of the actions of the KKK. In some ways, the JBS is more dangerous then the KKK because it has a white-washed veneer.

Ugh. I can't believe the beliefs these people have.

Seppi ran the JBS in California for many years. Many may scoff at him as a fundy nutbag but the man wields votes and power. He's connected to C street and the Family and has been active in the rise of the religious right for decades.

I'm married to an older man so the age difference is not a issue for me. But no one actually looks happy. It's all "smile, there's a camera" looks. That strikes me as odd and not a little sad.

OT, but I saw a headcovering post in the side bar and had to explore. The following was in that post:

"Homosexuals especially love to wear the clothing of who they are. They want everybody to see what they are wearing and be reminded of their message. So do I."

I don't mean to be stupid, but...wut?

OT, but I saw a headcovering post in the side bar and had to explore. The following was in that post:

"Homosexuals especially love to wear the clothing of who they are. They want everybody to see what they are wearing and be reminded of their message. So do I."

I don't mean to be stupid, but...wut?

Eh my Grandmothers all wore babushkas, didn't make either of them head covering xtians.

Holy crap! I didn't realize that the father of this...uh, family (maybe more like commune) was involved this much.

Seppi ran the JBS in California for many years. Many may scoff at him as a fundy nutbag but the man wields votes and power. He's connected to C street and the Family and has been active in the rise of the religious right for decades.

Holy crap! I didn't realize that the father of this...uh, family (maybe more like commune) was involved this much.

My main interest in fundys is their incursions into politics and influence in our govt. I highly advise reading The Family. The duggars, bates et al are the kinder gentler face that this movement uses as a front. The real damage they do takes place on C street and within the greater international evangelical movement, and their interests in nation building here and abroad.

I'll have to read that book. However, I am very aware of how interested fundies are in taking "the nation for God" through political intrigue, etc.

Though I was raised fundie-light and am still a devout Christian, I attended a leadership school primarily targeted for homeschooling, conservative (read: fundamentalist) families and their mission was to take the nation back for Christ through political influence. Of course for them it was Christian = Republican. They were very strict about dress code, gender roles, and of course government. I remember one time being told that the reason why Republican women weren't holding as many political offices in our state was because "they knew where they belonged." This was from a female staffer. And I hate to admit this....but I agreed with her at the time. :oops:

However, now I am a staunch feminist who will probably vote Democrat in the next election, if I even vote. Or I'll just write in Dumbledore...that is who I would love to see be the President of the United States tbh.

My main interest in fundys is their incursions into politics and influence in our govt. I highly advise reading The Family. The duggars, bates et al are the kinder gentler face that this movement uses as a front. The real damage they do takes place on C street and within the greater international evangelical movement, and their interests in nation building here and abroad.

If an older man who I had known since I was 8 and he was 22 suddenly expressed an romantic interest in me. My question would be 'just for how long have you felt like this for?' because I would be concerned that he might have been fancying me since I was 8 rather then any age gap. Does that make sense?

Paging Elsie Dinsmore... (and yes, the age difference in that one was even wider, I think)

I think that part of the concern is how sheltered the women in a lot of these families are - to me, it feels like it makes the age gap even wider.

perhaps I have been lurking too long and reading too much about the Duggars, but it seems like she's pretty lucky at 29 to find a husband with a good job. All those girls who marry uneducated men and then birth a bunch of kids they can't take care of scares me. I know the Seppis are Calvinists, so not the same vein as the Duggars... But they all look alike to me :-)

I've read that the fundies love the Bosch Universal Kitchen Machine. Seems to come up regularly on these threads too. I am fascinated by kitchen gadgets. Does anyone own one? Do you like it? What the heck does this machine do that my Cuisinart and Kitchenaids don't do?! Its so odd that there is a fundy appliance out there...

Archived