IGNORED

Interesting comment by "Sis Julie" (Kristina's Mom)

0 kids n not countin

Pray for them. That is the part of the Matthew 5:44 that has helped me the most. When you are treated unfairly or used or gossiped about or hated put the name of this person on your prayer list. I have found that when I pray for someone I become burdened for that person and when I am burdened for that person it is near impossible for me to feel malicious toward that person and this is the ultimate goal, to love them, because loving them is the only way you are ever going to do anything about it. It’s backwards to the logic of this world but it is true and right and it works.

Posted by Zach at 6:48 PM

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook

2 comments:

Sis. JulieJan 24, 2012 07:04 PM

This is exactly what I've experienced for the past 3 years by some but more recently by those same people and even others. Sad to say it is family that is doing these things. But you are right. It is hard to retaliate when we turn to praying for them. My flesh would love nothing more than to go back at them. But Jesus wouldn't...and He is my example so I shouldn't either. I just don't get how those people can feel good about the things they are saying about me and my family to others. The latest family member isn't even saved....so I expect that out of her. But the others claim to know Christ. It is really a sad situation. I hope this post will help others to realize how to respond or be reminded in case they have forgotten. Great post Bro. Zach!!!

I found this comment by Kristina's mom interesting. Wonder who the "latest family member" is that she's referring to. I also found "Bro Zach's" post interesting, as seems to me that fundies are guilty of this too. His wife does the Happy at Home blog, and while her later posts aren't as critical and hateful of others/non-Christians, some of her earlier posts were pretty bad (she even took a few of them off her blog).

Hopefully said unsaved family member is questioning the wisdom of Kristina having a kid or two every year, out of concern for her mental and physical health.

However, given the description, even if that's true, it seems unlikely that Kristina will take this person's words to heart- I imagine if an unsaved person told them it was raining, they'd look out the window instead of just grabbing an umbrella.

Archived