IGNORED

CNN article on Josh Duggar's homophobic campaign speech

3 is enough

Has not GONE, Josh. GONE. Skip the political science "classes" and stick with something like this, please: sfreading.com/resources/ghb.html

I dunno, he should be banned from office for being Smuggar, not for speaking the way he does. ;)

I would have put it the same way or similar if I was speaking, and while I am not claiming to be much of a speaker ;) , I am not SOTDRT. What I was confused by was the reference to Mitt Romney's hand, which conjures up a lot of bizarre mental images. It's not his grammar, it's his incoherency.

I am a bit drunk right now and it is past 1 AM here, so forgive me. This may or may be relevant.

So Romney is personally against homosexuality but wants for LGBT people to have civil rights and not be harassed.

That is just basic morality and I mean basic, like the bare minimum that you need to deserve your oxygen. Jesus Christ, what have the Republicans come to? So Santorum *wants* children to be bullied? He *wants* to deny people civil rights? That is what we call family values anymore? OMG, I am appalled that a single person voted for him.

I am a bit drunk right now and it is past 1 AM here, so forgive me. This may or may be relevant.

So Romney is personally against homosexuality but wants for LGBT people to have civil rights and not be harassed.

That is just basic morality and I mean basic, like the bare minimum that you need to deserve your oxygen. Jesus Christ, what have the Republicans come to? So Santorum *wants* children to be bullied? He *wants* to deny people civil rights? That is what we call family values anymore? OMG, I am appalled that a single person voted for him.

I should be shocked but I'm not. It wasn't all that long ago I heard people say things about LGBT people "I don't approve of their lifestyle". I know people that get very offended that there are gay pride parades because no one wants to know you're gay, let alone letting it all show out in a thong. :roll: There was a protest by a whole bunch of Christian parents because the school board instituted specific policies against bullying LGBT youth and they were afraid that teachers and staff would have to go against their Christian beliefs. Oh the poor little persecuted Christians. :violin:

Why yes the necks are pretty red up around these parts. Ugh. And they wonder why a lot of the LGBT youth flee as soon as they're able to.

Is there anyway that the word can be got out about smuggars speech so that tlc are forced to do something?

I had a strange thought today on this thread.

The leader of the Conservative Party in the Scottish Parliament is an out lesbian who enjoys kickboxing in her spare time (much as it pains me to admit it, also a very attractive one.) Plenty of Scots don't like the Conservatives but I never heard anyone complain about her being a lesbian.

I guess our conservatives and yours are different in quite a few ways.

"Under Barack Obama's presidency, if you think the definition of marriage is between one man and one woman you are considered an extremist," Josh Duggar said.

Ha, if only. Obama's really fairly conservative on the same-sex marriage issue (though I'm hoping for some change after the election).

Yeah, David Cameron says he supports same sex marriage. I still think he's a total knob though for other reasons.

Oh yeah, but then he's a Tory. So it goes without saying ;)

Haha true. Ugh, Cameron's so slimey! I'd take him over Santorum though, I'll give him that. And the BNP leader (but then again, I guess both of those goes without saying!)

I had a strange thought today on this thread.

The leader of the Conservative Party in the Scottish Parliament is an out lesbian who enjoys kickboxing in her spare time (much as it pains me to admit it, also a very attractive one.) Plenty of Scots don't like the Conservatives but I never heard anyone complain about her being a lesbian.

I guess our conservatives and yours are different in quite a few ways.

Theyll be fine with her as long as she doesnt expect to marry her girlfriend. Our conservatives might publicly accept civil partnerships but theysure as hell dont accept gay marriagw.

Theyll be fine with her as long as she doesnt expect to marry her girlfriend. Our conservatives might publicly accept civil partnerships but theysure as hell dont accept gay marriagw.

Well, she was at a Equality Network campaign for gay marriage event yesterday helping to cut the symbolic gay marriage cake for a photo opp...;)

Having said that I don't really know what Party discipline looks like for the Tories. Maybe Scots have more autonomy, maybe Ms Davidson gets away with it as rebranding, or? Because I would normally agree Tories are not falling over themselves to support gay marriage!

EPIC FAIL on homeskoule English grammar. I know many homeschooled young adults and NONE of them write (or speak) that way. Homeschooling can be done so well; why didn't the Duggar family do a better job? If you are going to homeschool, do it well! Although the Duggar family is very large, there are still fewer children than in an average classroom. Family size is no excuse for the poor grammar Josh uses.

Are Josh's postings examples of what those Wisdom booklets teach? Does he read what he writes? It is difficult to understand what he is trying to say. Can he not see that?

In montessori education it's common to have very large classes of kids all in the same room with children who've just learned something helping to teach it to the kids right under them to help reinforce what they've learned. Children educated by the Montessori method tend to be far more advanced than their public-schooled same-aged peers. Yet still the Duggars, having a perfect set-up of ages, couldn't even do this, and now all of their kids are ill-educated. I can't make heads or tales of the first part of what Smuggar was trying to say.

I found this little nugget at the Baltimore Sun:

Shouldn't read more like this?

Josh Duggar, who on occasion attempts to run his father's two auto dealerships, stepped smugly into the candidate’s role, dressed in a tie and dark suit that was bursting at the seams from a month of living on fast food. Duggar has been taking political science classes through scam company College Minus, plans to sponge off his family and TLC for as long as humanly possible and is thinking he might like a bucket of fried chicken right about now.

In other news, I'm thinking I might walk in the next Victoria's Secret fashion show. That doesn't mean it's going to happen, though.

I'm laughing so hard at your revisions! RIGHT ON!

I wish those idiots would stop claiming that College-Minus is a legit college.

EPIC FAIL on homeskoule English grammar. I know many homeschooled young adults and NONE of them write (or speak) that way. Homeschooling can be done so well; why didn't the Duggar family do a better job? If you are going to homeschool, do it well! Although the Duggar family is very large, there are still fewer children than in an average classroom. Family size is no excuse for the poor grammar Josh uses.

Are Josh's postings examples of what those Wisdom booklets teach? Does he read what he writes? It is difficult to understand what he is trying to say. Can he not see that?

Jeez, my third grader knows that's wrong!

Yep. I gave her the sentence and she corrected it and then looked appalled that a grown up said it that way!

• 7 years later...

I am digging this thread up from the grave because it's the only place I found where MassResistance was mentioned in the forum.  This video is from a couple of years ago, but I just found it now.  That org held an Anti LGBT rally a couple of years ago....well....just look under the spoiler.  ?‍♀️ Oh, and make sure you aren't eating or drinking anything because you might do a spit-take.  ?How is this real I ask?  How???

Spoiler

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

I don't know what I was expecting, @The Mother Dust, but certainly not that! ? I agree with Sam Seder-- surely the guy somehow pulled off an epic troll, right? There's no way that was real. ? 

Edit: Oh. I googled him and unfortunately it was very real. ?

https://outinsa.com/anti-lgbt-conference-texas-opens-ex-gay-flag-dancer/

Edited by coexist
Did some googlin'
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, coexist said:

I don't know what I was expecting, @The Mother Dust, but certainly not that! ? I agree with Sam Seder-- surely the guy somehow pulled off an epic troll, right? There's no way that was real. ? 

Edit: Oh. I googled him and unfortunately it was very real. ?

https://outinsa.com/anti-lgbt-conference-texas-opens-ex-gay-flag-dancer/

Great find @coexist.  Omg, it wasn't a troll, or Sacha Baron Cohen type prank, they were dead serious.  ?It's actually real. I'm crying with laughter.  ? At least they are letting the guy be fabulous?  Which Michael Brooks is right, that's way more tolerant than these anti gay groups used to be I guess.  But he is also correct in his observation that, ok, we will let you do your fabulous dance, but then we are going to bash you in these talks we have later in the day.  That poor dancer must have some massive cognitive dissonance going on.  They all must.  How could they watch that dance and think their ex-gay therapy worked?  ?

• I Agree 4

• Curious locked this topic