IGNORED

CNN article on Josh Duggar's homophobic campaign speech

3 is enough

I think this deserves its own thread- as Buzzard suggested, it may trigger some google bot search responses.

Looks like Josh has been spewing more homophobic rhetoric:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... -santorum/

Quote:

"The man who said he had a change of heart, he had an epiphany, he had this moment where he became pro-life - this man still has not went back and made that right," Duggar said. "And women in Massachusetts still walk in, and basically off the hand of Gov. Mitt Romney, they can get an abortion for $50."

Duggar also hit Romney for his support of gays and lesbians as governor.

"In '04 or '05 he issued a declaration saying that basically that homosexuals and homosexual lifestyles should be encouraged and he made a declaration from the state as governor that that should be accepted in society," Duggar said. "This man is not someone who is on our side."

Hey Josh, proper grammar is your friend. Then again, never mind. Continue to showcase the stellar education you received at the SOTDRT.

* Edited title to facilitate google hits- not everyone is familiar with "Smuggar"

• Upvote 2

If he has aspirations for political office, the guy has to get more of an education, and a speech coach. Sigh. This crap may fly with their limited group of fans (which Im sure makes him feel they are huge celebrities), but in Main Stream American, it's not going to get him far at all (referring to Joshie)

• Upvote 1

EPIC FAIL on homeskoule English grammar. I know many homeschooled young adults and NONE of them write (or speak) that way. Homeschooling can be done so well; why didn't the Duggar family do a better job? If you are going to homeschool, do it well! Although the Duggar family is very large, there are still fewer children than in an average classroom. Family size is no excuse for the poor grammar Josh uses.

Are Josh's postings examples of what those Wisdom booklets teach? Does he read what he writes? It is difficult to understand what he is trying to say. Can he not see that?

• Upvote 2

Thanks Josh! You have FINALLY put something concrete and nationally publicized that will allow advertisers to REFUSE to participate in your show!

We all know that the viewers/ratings mean little to TLC. Its all about the ads. Now that he's decided to condemn homosexuals in such a manner will coke/mcdonalds/lowes/homedepot/ANYONE be willing to support such a family? Not without some real internet noise.

Sure, he's made nasty comments before... but never to CNN.

If he has aspirations for political office, the guy has to get more of an education, and a speech coach. Sigh. This crap may fly with their limited group of fans (which Im sure makes him feel they are huge celebrities), but in Main Stream American, it's not going to get him far at all (referring to Joshie)

Indeed. This is what comes from the insular lifestyle of fundies and an education that focuses more on developing character traits than critical thinking skills.

"The man who said he had a change of heart, he had an epiphany, he had this moment where he became pro-life - this man still has not went back and made that right," Duggar said. "And women in Massachusetts still walk in, and basically off the hand of Gov. Mitt Romney, they can get an abortion for $50.

I kid you not, I had to read that three times to translate what he was trying to spew. It's getting to the point where I think we should require the voters to pass a minimal comprehension test before being allowed to pick the leader of this nation. Though in the end, the Electorate College decides presidency, not the popular vote.

• Upvote 2

. Though in the end, the Electorate College decides presidency, not the popular vote.

Yeah, we have not went back on that!

You'd be surprised, actually, at how well Josh might do running for political office on a SODRT "education" and without a speech coach with the more anti-intellectual Republicans. They'd see him as the "outsider" and the "down-to-earth" guy who isn't some artsy-fartsy Ivy league professor or someone born into wealth (to anyone's knowledge, anyway, see Bush, who is the kind of guy any redneck would go for, but was born into the wealthy Bush (duh) family and went to Yale). Bonus points to Josh for being from Arkansas, and not some "blue-blooded Yankee." The reason Ron Paul has so much support is because he was once a gynecologist and actually lives quite modestly- never mind he had to go to medical school AND COLLEGE to do so. I'm not so sure about the other Republican candidates' backgrounds, but they definitely don't meet any of that criteria. Perry could pretend to, but he made too much of an ass of himself and dropped out.

What Josh would need, though, is a REAL JOB not provided by Jim Bob or Grandma, but unfortunately with his shitty education the best he could do is probably online surveys and an "online ministry." Or pretend he actually does have musical talent and release an album. They'll give record deals to just about anyone these days...

I found this little nugget at the Baltimore Sun:

Josh Duggar, who owns two auto dealerships, stepped smoothly into the candidate’s role, dressed smartly in a tie and dark suit. Duggar has been taking political science classes online, plans to go to law school and is thinking he might run for office.

Shouldn't read more like this?

Josh Duggar, who on occasion attempts to run his father's two auto dealerships, stepped smugly into the candidate’s role, dressed in a tie and dark suit that was bursting at the seams from a month of living on fast food. Duggar has been taking political science classes through scam company College Minus, plans to sponge off his family and TLC for as long as humanly possible and is thinking he might like a bucket of fried chicken right about now.

In other news, I'm thinking I might walk in the next Victoria's Secret fashion show. That doesn't mean it's going to happen, though.

Has not GONE, Josh. GONE. Skip the political science "classes" and stick with something like this, please: sfreading.com/resources/ghb.html

So, how close are the Duggars with the Santorum family?? And how did they end up traveling with him? Did JimBooob make or call saying that he and his bunch would like to "help" them or have they been invited?

Shouldn't read more like this?

Josh Duggar, who on occasion attempts to run his father's two auto dealerships, stepped smugly into the candidate’s role, dressed in a tie and dark suit that was bursting at the seams from a month of living on fast food. Duggar has been taking political science classes through scam company College Minus, plans to sponge off his family and TLC for as long as humanly possible and is thinking he might like a bucket of fried chicken right about now.

In other news, I'm thinking I might walk in the next Victoria's Secret fashion show. That doesn't mean it's going to happen, though.

Josh wasted some sperm (and ruined his pants) when he read that!

:shock: why would my hometown paper even MENTION smuggar? like really. :x more attention for smuggar? no me gusta.

Guest Anonymous

I can't see Smugs actually pulling off a successful political career, but I sure can see him as a bad cop. Think about it: aside from looking the part (add a toothpick lackadaisically hanging out of the corner of his piehole) he's prone to the Us versus Them mentality that would qualify him to pull over people who "look illegal", and police work would definitely provide him with many other ego-boosting power trips. I could see him abusing power left and right.

The comments on the CNN article are mostly negative. Frothy hasn't gotten a lot of positive press from Bellas' miraculous recovery. I observed one middle of the road article in the catholic press (but admittedly I use Altop for religious news). In the IFB forums I participate in Frothy is getting mostly a negative reaction and no one but me is mentioning the Duggars involvement in the campaign.

It would be entertaining if buttnugget did enter the political arena. Can you imagine looking at his financial disclosure documents or tax returns??

This is just a continuation of the family being publicity whores and clinging to the coat tails of a candidate who will do anything to get into office, including using his disabled child as a tool.

I find his use of her image on his campaign button tasteless and incredible.

gty_bella_santorum_jt_120129_wblog.jpg

Can Bella even speak? Does she even know what a primary campaign is? I would suggest that even a child not suffering Trisomy have a difficult time grasping the concept of an election or the primary process. Can she speak? Can she actually say 'go dad'?

These folks, the duggars et all and Frothy are beyond the pale.

Guest Anonymous

I suspect that Frothy, Jim Bob and Michelle are all currently shitting staples over Smuggar's antics. And then he has the nerve to think he has a future in politics? Yeah, Smuggar, when Mitt needs throat lozenges, you'll be the guy they send to the 7-11.

Maybe change the topic title to Josh Duggar to get more search results?

'Article about Josh Duggar's (Smuggar) homophobic campaign speech on CNN'

God he's creepy. As if he would get into any proper law school. but what pisses me off is the idea that he could use his 'celebrity' and actually run in politics. oh not for the president of course, but you know...state government etc.

he is so gross. i wish someone had sent those instagram (sp?) to salon.com or some other news site.

And yeah, abortions free in Australia too. As they should be.

Quote:

"The man who said he had a change of heart, he had an epiphany, he had this moment where he became pro-life - this man still has not went back and made that right," Duggar said. "And women in Massachusetts still walk in, and basically off the hand of Gov. Mitt Romney, they can get an abortion for $50."

Hey Josh, proper grammar is your friend. Then again, never mind. Continue to showcase the stellar education you received at the SOTDRT.

That was the first thing I noticed, and thought the same thing.

• Curious locked this topic