IGNORED

The Peanut butter war

BlondeAgent007

This thread needs theme music:

http://youtu.be/_NqBWLeP9f4

I didn't fight in the Peanut Butter War. I was more like those people during the Civil War who supposedly packed a lunch, sat on a grassy hill and watched the war.

Edited because someday I'll figure out how to embed. Tonight ain't the night.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it interesting how so many inflammatory debates keep being, er, debated like vaccines, home schooling, breast feeding, spanking, pro-life, circumcision, etc. but the peanut butter one has NEVER been touched again. I think there is some sort of conspiracy going on *shifty eyes*

I find it interesting how so many inflammatory debates keep being, er, debated like vaccines, home schooling, breast feeding, spanking, pro-life, circumcision, etc. but the peanut butter one has NEVER been touched again. I think there is some sort of conspiracy going on *shifty eyes*

I think it's because it got us ugly as things could get without the board actually disbanding.

Neither Peanut butter and jelly nor peanut butter and honey are the best. Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches --THOSE are the best! (I've also been known to use green olives if I'm out of pickles.)

Peanut butter and potatoes...now that I will have to try.

I didn't fight in the Peanut Butter War. I was more like those people during the Civil War who supposedly packed a lunch, sat on a grassy hill and watched the war.

Me, too. I did not want to get in the middle of that drama!!! But I didn't mind being an innocent bystander.

There are few hills I want to die on and I'm afraid I don't like peanut butter enough to let that be one of them.

Now, if you really want to see some drama, I will throw down with this:

Chocolate is evil, disgusting and there's nothing in the world that can be enhanced by adding chocolate.

Discuss!

I am kind of impressed that AD never started a thread about peanut butter. Honestly, it would have been such guaranteed gold for her ego to watch that thread grow by miles.

That was an epic thread. I plan to re-read it sometime this week. Whenever I think about trying sunflower seed butter I think, "Where did I get this idea from? Oh yeah, that pb thread on FJ."

And speaking of crunchy, I am almost exclusively a creamy girl but every now and then (maybe once a year) I get a hankering for crunchy. As for honey, I love me some pb/banana/honey sandwiches. Also, my introduction to Nutella was a sandwich made of pb, marshmallow fluff, and nutella. I was a teenager and some adults were making them and offered me one.

If I lived in a hot, dry climate, maybe I'd wear shoes indoors like my Australian friends.

However, I live in Canada, I wore my boots today through a gross combination of snow and muddy slush, and you bet the footwear came off the moment I stepped inside. The other thing is that once I do step inside, we have central heating so it's possible to go barefoot without freezing.

I am Australian, and I never, ever, ever wear shoes inside (at home). The first thing I do when I get home is take them off. I usually drive without them on too. I put my shoes on just before I get out of the car to go to work, sport etc. I will happily walk to the corner store with no shoes on in summer, although that is starting to become less popular around here now that the demographics are changing.

My boyfriend is the same, hardly ever wears shoes. Will go over to my parents place for tea and not even take shoes.

I found a delicious gluten-free (because it's flour-free) recipe, but then I got invited to a vegan cookie bake so I got a really good vegan peanut butter cookie recipe. So I can accommodate almost all food limitations with my peanut butter cookies, except for an allergy to peanuts.

But, does it have apples? If so, I can't eat it. If not, I want the recipe.

OMG, a link to the shoe wars nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That is going to do me in. I have to quit reading this thread now or I'll have a heart attack. I am in frail health and on my deathbed with a broken butt, I cannot go out like this. :violin: :violin: :violin:

OMG, a link to the shoe wars nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That is going to do me in. I have to quit reading this thread now or I'll have a heart attack. I am in frail health and on my deathbed with a broken butt, I cannot go out like this. :violin: :violin: :violin:

I had to... I love that thread. It was just so absurd.

I think it's because it got us ugly as things could get without the board actually disbanding.

I think it's because the instigator is no longer active on the board. (Unless she has managed to hide under a new name and stay quiet- but I don't think she's capable of that)

Neither Peanut butter and jelly nor peanut butter and honey are the best. Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches --THOSE are the best! (I've also been known to use green olives if I'm out of pickles.)

Peanut butter and potatoes...now that I will have to try.

Peanut Butter, Honey and Bananas. MMMM, now I'm hungry, but I have no bananas in the house. Might have to go eat a spoonful of CRUNCHY peanut butter.

I think it's because the instigator is no longer active on the board. (Unless she has managed to hide under a new name and stay quiet- but I don't think she's capable of that)

I also think we have a sort of board-wide PTSD due to that thread.

I never read the shoe wars - it was before I started posting. The PB war was right as I was starting to think I may as well post, but that thread honestly scared me off for another couple of months. Because of my (too) many (to admit) years of fundie watching, even before I found FJ, I knew who CJ was and her history. Watching that whole thing play out just boggled my mind.

Let's go all-out!

Vaccines

Breastfeeding vs bottle feeding by choice instead of medical reasons

Spanking

Backstreet Boys vs N*SYNC

Discuss. ;)

This is where we need the run for the hills smiley.

How about PB and potato sandwiches?

I've never had pb and potato on a sandwich, but my dad eats peanut butter on fried potatoes. It's pretty good. Somehow it just works.

When Jerry Seinfeld was on AC (yummy, although I haven't tried him, personally) he said there was a bagel place that had "The Seinfeld" on the menu because he ordered it everyday -- A toasted bagel with peanut butter, honey and cinnamon. (yummy -- I've tried that one).

My only contribution is that I taught my husband the dawbs family tradition of putting butter, than PB, than syrup on pancakes.

mmmm.

My favorite lunch one year in grade school was velveeta with fritos. Similar textures.

I love a bologna/american cheese/taco flavored dorrito sammy on soft white bread.

Believe it or not, I ate sandwiches made with something called liverwurst as a kid. And liked it :shock:

Me too, they were my favourite!

Archived