IGNORED

The Peanut butter war

BlondeAgent007

Guest Anonymous

:lol: Now I want to go and read it again.

I missed all the drama until it was nearly over - it was the day I learned that when a topic hits 50 pages long, there is probably more going on than the original title suggests...

I am proud to say I have worn black to a wedding and am currently barefoot in my house though.....

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. The Peanut Butter War - sounds like a Dr. Seuss book. Damn, we can get into some fights, and they aren't just the usual politics and religion. We fight about peanuts! I think the most recent argument was the homeschooling thread . . .

Not going there on either one!

Lol. The Peanut Butter War - sounds like a Dr. Seuss book. Damn, we can get into some fights, and they aren't just the usual politics and religion. We fight about peanuts! I think the most recent argument was the homeschooling thread . . .

Not going there on either one!

Now what exactly do you mean by that?

:laughing-rollingred:

I wondered about the PB references made by other posters - but it seemed like such a sensitive topic - I hesitated to ask what it was all about. I just spent my afternoon off reading the pb thread and the only conclusions I have come to are: FJ is not a hive vagina and holy cats are FJ'ers passionate.

OMG homeschooling is always a hot topic here. Everyone has their opinion of it, and nobody can ever just agree to disagree.

I actually never even ate a PB&J sandwich until i was about 12. My parents never packed them for us. My mom HATES PB and just figured that people don't actually LIKE PB&J sandwiches, so she was doing us a "favor" by not making them. I never developed a real taste for them ever anyways.

And I don't know about anyone else, but my parents never put ice packs in my lunches, and I had lunch meat or salad sandwich and fresh fruit almost every day. Neither did my friends. We all lived to talk about our lukewarm lunches.

My favorite part of that PB thread continues to be someone's mention of "a pet rabbit triggering you repeatedly".

I like peanut butter. For years, it was the only thing I would eat for lunch. But this was back in the olden days when kids could go home for lunch (which I always did) so other kids' allergies were never an issue.

Careful Valsa, careful. That sounds like an opinion . NO OPINIONS about peanut butter!

Peanut butter is very peanut buttery. :twisted:

I was tempted to weigh in on the homeschooling thread, but I decided to just stay out of it (same thing with the peanut butter thread). :lol: I have some negative opinions about homeschooling and it really makes some people angry even though I always qualify that I'm just talking about my own experience.

CAn't eat it, can't smell it. Husband puts it in top ramen and I have to leave the room.

Just don't like it.

Don't try to convert me. Don't preach it's goodness to me.

I'll be happy without it's golden goodness.

(Sounds like a religious thing doesn't it?)

Wow. That went downhill very fast. I too thought the big argument was over smooth vs crunchy, in which case, I vote smooth.

Oh, smooth, absolutely. Anyone who says differently is a terrible person. :P

I happen to be baking peanut butter cookies at this very moment. Coincidence? Or conspiracy?

I found a delicious gluten-free (because it's flour-free) recipe, but then I got invited to a vegan cookie bake so I got a really good vegan peanut butter cookie recipe. So I can accommodate almost all food limitations with my peanut butter cookies, except for an allergy to peanuts.

I live in a country where mention of peanut butter is met with "You eat that? Okay, whatever " so I'm deprived. And AmandaP, I want your cookies!

(feel free to interpret as you will)

What's next? Arguing over PB&J versus PB and honey? :) (i take the side of PBJ)

I'm sorry, but I must tell you that you are wrong on that, and probably evil, too. :twisted: Peanut butter and honey are a match made in heaven. Heaven! Do you hear me!?

I live in a country where mention of peanut butter is met with "You eat that? Okay, whatever " so I'm deprived. And AmandaP, I want your cookies!

(feel free to interpret as you will)

What terrible and sad country is this? (Please tell me it's one where you eat Marmite...please! :lol: )

IMHO, the peanut butter war pales in comparison with the shoes-indoors-or-not war. I will step away from that one or risk becoming THAT crazy raving rabbit-boiling old maniac.

I hate peanut butter, can't stand the texture. But I eat a lot of regular peanuts for the essential amino acids. And yeah, that thread is crazy. I read it last month :lol:

Ok, I am desperately searching for the shoes-indoors-or-not thread and I just can't seem to find it... can anybody help me out with a link?

I'm a Canadian, and generally speaking, we take our shoes off at the door. My American cousins always laugh at me when I'm down in the states visiting them and they walk in the door and find our shoes sitting there.

I would love to read this thread, just for kicks :)

I think it is a snow and mud thing. I ask if we need to take off our shoes when we walk in a home here in Central Washington, especially when they have carpet. It's common courtesy here because the floors would get ruined otherwise. Many people have a nice shoe rack in their entryway.

Well we've done peanut butter to death, shoes on /shoes off (I prefer off in my own home), how about TP? Over or under or as long as it's on the roll I'm good?

One of the most annoying things that my husband does is to take the TP OFF THE ROLL... drives me up the wall! I wouldn't care if he would just remember to put it back on! How many times a day do I walk into the washroom to see the tp roll sitting either on top of the toilet tank or on the floor... lol

I just ate a peanut butter and pirate's booty sandwich. I realize how weird that is but it was crunchy and salty and delicious.

Archived