IGNORED

Has Joy gone on "The Journey" yet?

meow139

Has Joybeen sent to the Journey of the Heart yet? Some have noticed that she looks more Kool Aided and girls who resemble her greatly have been seen in photos. So has she, and ifso, is her spirit still there or will she have to go for re-education like (possibly) Jana?

I think the ages to attend Journey of the Heart are 16 and older. But I might be wrong. I agree with Kitty, Joy will probably be sent at some point.

-- so 13 is the min age

Details for Your Journey:

Who Can Attend:

Journeys for young ladies and young men are for ages ranging from 13 to 30 years old. Journeys for fathers and mothers are designed for anyone age 30 and above.

More than age, the key factor in determining who should attend Journey to the Heart is the individual’s willingness to be serious about seeking God. It is important to understand that if someone is not serious about wanting to meet with God, or if they are being forced to come, there is a chance that they will resist God throughout the Journey, and even hinder God’s working in the lives of others.

Please remember, the Journey will not fix anyone’s problems, only Jesus can. Our desire, and the purpose of the Journey, is to give you a chance to meet with Him.

^That does look a lot like Joy. If that is her, I'm not surprised. Joy has shown to be a bit rebellious. Boob and Mullet probably decided to take care of the problem. I remember there was a person who posted on the TLC or Discovery forums, who said that she knew the Duggars and she said something about Joy causing problems.

-- so 13 is the min age

Who Can Attend:

Journeys for young ladies and young men are for ages ranging from 13 to 30 years old. Journeys for fathers and mothers are designed for anyone age 30 and above.

Interesting that "parental journeys" start at age 30; presumably meaning a 28 year old parent would not be welcome. I reckon that's because age 30 is about the earliest age a parent would be likely to have a teenager of his or her own to deal with. So this is clearly getting and keeping rebellious adolescents under control.

i was thinking of going for the "young ladies" session

:)

i have another 9months before i can go to the adult version... but what if i am not a parent? huh? what if i am over 30 and starting to rebell?or just want to be "purified"?

oh heck...

800bucks for non-A-T-I individuals!

500bucks for A-T-I members

10 days of fun wooohooooo!!!! actually looks more like 5 or so to be with the Lord!

-- so 13 is the min age

Who Can Attend:

More than age, the key factor in determining who should attend Journey to the Heart is the individual’s willingness to be serious about seeking God. It is important to understand that if someone is not serious about wanting to meet with God, or if they are being forced to come, there is a chance that they will resist God throughout the Journey, and even hinder God’s working in the lives of others.

Please remember, the Journey will not fix anyone’s problems, only Jesus can. Our desire, and the purpose of the Journey, is to give you a chance to meet with Him.

What about Sarah Maxwell and Sarah Mally :o They need an old maid category, oh wait I forgot they don't want to acknowledge that those people exist.

Its not Joy. I went through the pictures and that same girl is in other pics, wearing that same brown shirt she's wearing in the second picture, but its not Joy. She does look like her in the two there, but I'm 99% sure its not Joy

or if they are being forced to come, there is a chance that they will resist God throughout the Journey, and even hinder God’s working in the lives of others

(bolding mine)

This is utter garbage. Ok, sure, if someone is forced into reeducation camp, sure they will resist it. But to say that that one person will HINDER GOD????? How powerful do they think humans are?? And also, why bother with a god who can be "hindered" by a moody teenager????? Most parents have to deal with moody teenagers; seems that God (who supposedly conquered death and created the world and all of that) could handle a mood swing or two.

Good grief.

And I'm saying this as a non-believer...

Dear Fundies, If you would like to find god I have a bargain! For the low low price of $300 you can come and stay in my guest room. You can clean my house, walk my dogs (rejoicing in god's creations), make me dinner (and lunch for work tomorrow). We'll play fun games and I'll tell you all about the real world. You'll come out a better person!

Dear Fundies, If you would like to find god I have a bargain! For the low low price of $300 you can come and stay in my guest room. You can clean my house, walk my dogs (rejoicing in god's creations), make me dinner (and lunch for work tomorrow). We'll play fun games and I'll tell you all about the real world. You'll come out a better person!

So basically "Come stay at my house pretty teenage girls!!! chances are you won't get raped of murdered in the night! We will all have a good time!!! :snooty:

I feel like the "young ladies" and "young men" are too big of an age range. Would a 28 year old really want to hang out at bible camp with a bunch of 13 year olds?

I feel like the "young ladies" and "young men" are too big of an age range. Would a 28 year old really want to hang out at bible camp with a bunch of 13 year olds?

I was thinking the same thing too. The age range is too wide and I think probably some 20 somethings probably ended regretting going there. I have a few friends who went to similar bible camp or retreats during their college years and sometimes they disliked some of those camps/retreats because of teenagers.

I imagine Joy will get her "Journey" pretty soon. She'll probably go along with some sisters or the Querys, who live nearby. I think Jinger might have been about 15 or 16 when she went. Hopefully she goes in the warm weather and can take advantage of the tubing and water skiing while trying to fly under the radar with regards to being the one with the most "sin." Really, how much sin can these SAHDs have?

"I was really jealous at how fast Jill can make TTC."

"I was annoyed with Jackson and Hannie when they spilt paint on my paper for 'College Minus'"

"My mom hasn't had a baby in two years and I don't really miss having to change three siblings at a time!"

"My Dad's a dork!"

For a SAHD, I'm not sure there's much difference. Nor do I think they typically have much choice.

"I was really jealous at how fast Jill can make TTC."

"I was annoyed with Jackson and Hannie when they spilt paint on my paper for 'College Minus'"

"My mom hasn't had a baby in two years and I don't really miss having to change three siblings at a time!"

"My Dad's a dork!"

Ha, I imagine that's what Jana's Journey sounded like, when she had "problems with certain family members."

Archived