IGNORED

What's going on with Jana

SpeakNow

Even if Jana escaped, which I seriously doubt, there's no way Josh would help her. Jim Bob would cut off Josh's funds immediately if he even suspected Josh was helping Jana. Josh is much too selfish to suffer for another.

Much as I do agree that Josh is selfish, I don't think this would be PURE selfishness on his part. He DOES have a family to support, and we all know that without Jim Bob's money they would be sunk.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooo I'm so angry in general at the Duggar parents. Assuming she still is a firm believer in her parents faith, it is not hard to see why she may seem depressed.

1. It is cruel to make a daughter wait until her father finds a husband. We have seen this with other bloggers and it breaks my heart.

2. The fact that she has to wait until he decides SHE is ready to be a wife. - This leaves the daughter in a position of thinking there is something wrong with HER.

3. If they really are quieverfull, she is missing out on doing her biblical duty of birthing her mighty arrows! It has to be depressing to be in your prime years for pregnancy and not be able to fulfill your beliefs.

Guest Anonymous

I'd love to hope that Jana escaped, and that at least one of her siblings helped with the jailbreak. However, I can't see Josh actively helping. While Josh and Anna are paid separately by TLC and JimBob couldn't touch that money, he can yank the rug out from Smugs by taking the car lot away from him. Even if Josh is sympathetic to Jana, he still has a wife and 2 small children to think of. I could see him "passively" helping an escapee by dummying up about her whereabouts or pretending not to notice the departure. But active participation? I doubt it.

If anyone around the Duggars would consider helping Jana to escape, I think it would be one of Michelle's older siblings (maybe Aunt Evelyn?). They're not on the show, or tied to the Duggars financially, so JimBob would have no hold over them.

The fact that we're speculating on whether or not Jana escaped shows what's wrong with her parents' lifestyle: she should be free to simply pick up and leave instead of running.

While Josh and Anna are paid separately by TLC and JimBob couldn't touch that money, he can yank the rug out from Smugs by taking the car lot away from him.

Whereas I'm unsure if Smuggar would actually reach out to help any sibling against JB's wishes... I do wonder how much money that car lot actually makes. Wouldn't they make more from TLC? Plus, if he did aid a sibling in escaping, they could make a SHITLOAD of money by telling their story. I don't know.

Esther

Plus, if he did aid a sibling in escaping, they could make a SHITLOAD of money by telling their story. I don't know.

I agree completely. I would buy the book, watch the interviews, and attend a homeskool conference.

I have trouble believing that Jana ran away...If she did, JB would stop everything and try to "bring her back home, or else..."

She really looked depressed last year though. Maybe she's on a mission trip somewhere?

Yeah, I don't see Josh helping much if one of his "close to his age" sisters decides to run away. Amy? Maybe. Suze Keller? Perhaps. Or an aunt on Michelle's side of the family...But if I were one of the Jslaves and I decided to run away, I'd call Suze Keller to get tips on how she did it.

I really hate how JB and M "dangled a diamond" (so to speak) in front of the girls by showing them the real world outside their ATI-bubble, and then to force them to stay under their thumb by giving them no tools (education, training for a job) that could help them be independant one day. Nope, it's all about "birthin' them babies and being a helpmeet" for these girls. Drives me mad. :evil:

These kids have 0 privacy even in their own house, so how would one plan to run away without a brother or sister noticing something and snitching to JB or M?

No, I married Michelle in a ceremony at Sue Ellen's, in Dallas, Texas. All the pics were posted on the forum, shitimadeup.com. Scroll down to comment 86, and you will see a link to the secret forum. You must have the password. I'll give you a hint:It starts with cheese.

Josh and Famy react to a lot of stuff that is posted about them here on FJ. I'm rather surprised that that assnugget hasn't been posting any happy camper photos of Jana nor is Famy. With the wedding this weekend it will be interesting to see which Duggars are present. Will Juterus be flying out with the missing spawn or will it just be the busduggars in attendance?

Guest Anonymous

Whereas I'm unsure if Smuggar would actually reach out to help any sibling against JB's wishes... I do wonder how much money that car lot actually makes. Wouldn't they make more from TLC? Plus, if he did aid a sibling in escaping, they could make a SHITLOAD of money by telling their story. I don't know.

You're right, I didn't think of that angle.

I think Suze had been making waves for quite some time before she escaped. She was shipped off to live with Josh & Anna when they were newlyweds, probably in the hopes that being around all the "godly Duggars" would help to straighten her up. She was also seen on one of the episodes wearing pants on the beach with J&A & ma&pa Keller. When living with J&A didn't work out, that's when she was shipped off to Rebekah's house. Whether the Kellers shipped her off to Rebekah's, or whether Rebekah instigated it, I don't know.

With Jana, I haven't seen her "making waves" at all, just very, very depressed. I don't know if she has enough of her own will left to fight for herself. She also doesn't really have anyone she could go stay with, except Famy, and honestly, I can't see Famy EVER going against JB & M. The one I think may make the first break is Josiah. After the arm-twisting we witnessed, I *do* think he has enough will of his own that he'll tell JB to shove it in a few years.

I agree with you Snickerz on Josiah...

That kid seems too smart to forever live with his weird parents.

I agree with you Snickerz on Josiah...

That kid seems too smart to forever live with his weird parents.

Ditto. Josiah has the most potential. He seems the most....normal...of them all.

Archived