IGNORED

What's going on with Jana

SpeakNow

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the names are wrong they put Jana and left out Jinger. Poor Jinger

I knew that I read her name in an article, but I can't match up their faces with their names except for Jinger, Josh, and Josie. Oh, and that boy who got his elbow broken by his father. Josiah.

My guess is that Jana wants to get married like many young ATI girls. She's probably tired of raising her siblings and ready for her own family. That's why I think she's so unhappy. Would it be cooler if she wanted to go to college and escape the cut? Yeah but that's not what has been drilled into her all her life. My guess is if she's doing extra time in they prayer closet or going for re-education it's because she's not doing a good job waiting for prince charming.

I total love idle speculation, but this is too much even for me. Jana did not escape. Meow139 is either a troll or an attention whore, and not very good at it. S/he can't even give the name of the board where s/he this alleged rumor. How likely is it that some random newbie is the first to know about this? I mean, maybe if there were any link to or mention of a source of this rumor, I'd hop right on that idle speculation bus, but this is just too much. I could just as easily say that there are rumors that Jim Bob is a space alien or Michelle married a secret second husband.

I total love idle speculation, but this is too much even for me. Jana did not escape. Meow139 is either a troll or an attention whore, and not very good at it. S/he can't even give the name of the board where s/he this alleged rumor. How likely is it that some random newbie is the first to know about this? I mean, maybe if there were any link to or mention of a source of this rumor, I'd hop right on that idle speculation bus, but this is just too much. I could just as easily say that there are rumors that Jim Bob is a space alien or Michelle married a secret second husband.

I read on a forum based in the central US that Michelle has married Kody Brown. I know this is true because I "heard" it from "the forum".

I think you have a good point in that "they are finally allowed to be teenagers!" I'm noticing that some of my younger friends just seem so immature and I think, why? But then I realized that I was sorta like that at their age, and that, even though I'm not MUCH older (I'm 23 and they're 18-19) I've had more time to get the rebellion out of my system than they have. They're just now getting out from under their parents' thumb, whereas I technically have been for a while, even though i still lived with my parents till recently.

Josh and Anna have been more restricted than I ever was (and I was restricted more than ye average teen, we weren't fundy, but conservative). They probably are acting this way now because they never got the rebellion out of their system. I wonder if they would be doing more if the cameras weren't around?

I totally agree that Josh is basically doing all the things a normal person would go through between the ages of 13 and 22. However, there are three problems I see with this:

1) Gothard and all Quiverfullers insist that if you follow all the right rules and rituals, you can completely avoid this phase in your children and they will never rebel or do irresponsible things. Smuggar is a clear sign that you can suppress that phase, but that will only delay it. Gothardism has failed to meet this particular promise and they're all too arrogant to admit it.

2) The stakes are higher now. It's one thing to blow all your money on a shiny toy when your basic living expenses are covered. The worst that happens is you can't afford to buy more cool new things for awhile and you learn your lesson. But when you're in charge of supporting 4 people and the other adult isn't allowed to contribute financially, squandering money could mean your kids go hungry. That's why rebellion happens as a teenager; so people can learn from their mistakes without causing major damage.

3) Since Josh never developed normally, I wonder if this really will be just a phase. He's a spoiled brat and the Patriarchy keeps him in that position, with a submissive wife and kids to do whatever he says. Is it too late for him? Will he grow out of this or just get stuck? I hope he matures in record time because there will be more and more kids.

Exactly. I don't buy the whole "I saw it on multiple forums then it all got deleted!!!". Forum names would be nice but I am sure they were found through a random google search that won't turn them up, tabs were opened on the computer for days and who knows how they got there, or some mysterious friend recommended them for no particular reason.

Okay, first the JB alien thing has been considered. :?

Soooo.... you might not have a direct link to a thread, but surely you know what forums you lurk on, right? You found your way back here... retrace your steps, at least to a forum.

Do you remember when you saw the tibits? You could always look in your web history or if you have a google account it would show searches.

Okay, first the JB alien thing has been considered. :? and just because I have not been here since the old yuku site does not mean I AMA newbie. I find your comments to be highly rude. If you must know, I remember hearing this on three different topics as Ilurked. I do not REMEMBER the names and could not find the topics when I searched,hence believing the posts had been changed. I can fully assure you that I am NOT an attention whore or troll. You saying so has made me quite angry, as it would anyone. be careful who you point the troll finger at, and if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it. :snooty: :naughty:

I just posted what I saw, I don't even know if I believe it.

You made a completely wild claim without anything remotely resembling proof or evidence. It shouldn't come as a big shock when people don't believe you.

You made a completely wild claim without anything remotely resembling proof or evidence. It shouldn't come as a big shock when people don't believe you.

I didn't ask for people to believe me. In fact, I don't really care. But I do not appreciate being insulted. I'm getting off this thread so as to avoid some people's accusations of being a troll. Thank you bananacat. :roll:

Exactly. I don't buy the whole "I saw it on multiple forums then it all got deleted!!!". Forum names would be nice but I am sure they were found through a random google search that won't turn them up, tabs were opened on the computer for days and who knows how they got there, or some mysterious friend recommended them for no particular reason.

There's a reason FJ is the first and only result when you search "they can never remember what they googled" ;) (with quotes)

I'm inclined not to believe. However, if there was ever a time for a Duggar offspring to get fed up and leave, it would be now. The loss of Jubilee and it's aftermath is probably making Michelle more and more crazy and anyone with a brain would be miserable there. I would not be surprised if the fact that they are all on a reality show increases the unhappiness tenfold.

I just did some googling, and found tons of rumous about Jana being engaged. The person knew this to definitely be true. This was a message board topic from 2008.

As much as I hope some of the girls will manage to get out, I won't believe it until one of them posts a picture of themselves somewhere wearing jeans, holding a glass of bubbly, saying, "Wahey, I get to live at last!"

I read one of the articles about Santorum's daughter being hospitalized, and they mentioned that the five oldest Duggar children were at the rally representing him. Of course, we know that Jinger was there, so I figure most outlets just don't know which Duggar kids are which.

I can believe that Jana wants to escape, or that she's going to escape. I'd even believe that she has escaped, but there's no way it would go down like this. There's no way the other j'slaves would be allowed off the compound if JB suspected they knew where Jana was. I also don't think they would look as happy and carefree as they have in Josh's pictures if there was that much family drama going on. The parents could pull off that kind of nonchalance, but not the other girls.

JB&M wouldn't have taken all the older kids to another state, inviting national scrutiny, if their oldest daughter had fled their lifestyle. Granted, the campaigning is a distraction, but if they weren't following Santorum around no one would know anything about what they were doing right now. It would be really easy to hide a child's defection if they were just hunkered down at home, and after the Jubilee circus I imagine people would let them be.

As long as gossip and innuendo about Jana is popular, what if she is knocked up and her family is just hiding the pregnancy The new baby will be revealed in a TV special by Juterues. The JU (as I am fond of calling her) will claim this new chid to be an adoptee. Great way to close the uterus, earn income and hide an unwed childs spawn.

Along those lines, I think Jubilee was actually Jana's. Michelle managed a "miraculous" pregnancy some two years after her previous one ended in a dangerously preterm birth, yet she looked the least pregnant that she's looked since they started appearing on TV. There was so much confusion surrounding the loss of the pregnancy: the date of the loss didn't match the gestational age, not knowing if Michelle was admitted to the hospital or miscarried at home, the request for privacy followed by a media blitz. Meanwhile, no one has seen much of Jana the last few months.../tinfoil hat

I don't see Jana either. I'm certain she, Grandma, and Amy are raising the kids still in Arkansas.

I'm guessing this is correct. Somebody has to be taking care of the rest of the crew. Or is that Joy's new job? lol....

It says J-B and M and their 'five eldest children' but they may mean 5 of their eldest children (i.e. of voting age) are filling in for Santorum.

I'm guessing this is correct. Somebody has to be taking care of the rest of the crew. Or is that Joy's new job? lol....

It says J-B and M and their 'five eldest children' but they may mean 5 of their eldest children (i.e. of voting age) are filling in for Santorum.

I think we may be the only ppl in the world who care enough about which Duggar is which to properly identify them :whistle:

Who's that in the background of Famy's latest pic? Is that Jana with her hair up?

Thats not Jana. It may be Amy's mom, or just a family friend. But I'm not sure who that man beside the unknown woman is, nor the older woman at the dinner table. Any ideas?

I'm really surprised that we haven't seen ANY photos of Jana. I've been creating a mental time-line, and the last thing we know is Anna's pictures of Jana's 22 birthday party 3 weeks ago. But I don't even remember of photos of her there either. Maybe Jana is purposefully asking family members to leave her out of the media.

Yeah, I agree - it's been a long time since we've seen Jana. Also, considering at least some Duggars supposedly lurk here, it seems odd that we haven't yet seen a random Jana pic show up on Famy's Instagram the past few days, as someone suggested would happen. I don't necessarily credit the rumors with much truth, but I think it's a little odd.

I also think that yes, JB WOULD want to keep the others in the compound if he thought they knew anything - but on the other hand, the tv show and this Santorum campaign trail thing have given the family the kind of publicity that would prevent all too draconian measures from happening. Gotta keep those other kids out there, towing the party line with mommy and daddy.

Bottom line: I don't know if she's left or not, but considering the circumstances, it's possible. And I fully admit that's in part wishful thinking on my part. Jana, honey, if you haven't yet - RUN.

Maybe the article got the names wrong. They left out Jinger in the article and said that Jana was there. Who is in the picture with the guy who looks like Abraham Lincoln?

Jill and Jessa. Jinger was to their left, I think, behind "Abe" in that particular shot.

No Jana that I could see; still home with the howlers.

Even if Jana escaped, which I seriously doubt, there's no way Josh would help her. Jim Bob would cut off Josh's funds immediately if he even suspected Josh was helping Jana. Josh is much too selfish to suffer for another.

Archived