IGNORED

What's going on with Jana

SpeakNow

She's 22 years old, so it's not a question of "running". It's a question of shunning.

If she wants to walk out the door and is physically restrained, she can have them arrested.

If she has left the Duggar compound, I wouldn't be surprised if it were over a desire to have contact with an unacceptable young man or a refusal to play that ridiculous courtship game. Or maybe the media storm over the Jubilee events put her over the edge. If she has support from family members outside the compound, whether it be members of Anna's family or Michelle's, it might make it that much easier.

She's an adult for heaven's sake; most people out here were probably out of their family homes by 22 and speaking for myself, during those years I was too busy with starting my own life to see much of my parents or concern myself with whether they agreed with my choices.

My DVR goes up to 2/14 for TLC and still no new episodes. The Jubilee jubilee took place December, so it would be very old news for a series starting in late February or later. Could Jim Bob himself have put the show on hiatus while he "sorts out" some family issues?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If she were going to run then now would be the perfect time to do it with Boob, J'chelle and the older boys out of the house. Would Grandma and Famy be able to physically restrain her? If she has access to her own money then she needs to run now.

I have wondered if Jana, Jill or Jessa have bank accounts or if she Boob ever gives them money directly. But based on what we have seen and read about fundies, I have the feeling that Jana doesn't have direct access to any money.

If Jana has run I wish her luck. I would like to think that the escaped Kellers would help her out. I still wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't though.

Guest Anonymous

I have wondered if Jana, Jill or Jessa have bank accounts or if she Boob ever gives them money directly. But based on what we have seen and read about fundies, I have the feeling that Jana doesn't have direct access to any money.

I think that if Jana has run, she would have to sue Boob and MilkDud for her share of the TLC money.

le gasp! an interrogation! :o

It isn't much. (1)I've heard some rumors that Jana really got out and (2)the J slaves know where she is. Someone even said that Amy or even Smuggar could be helping her. Crazy, right? (3)I heard one person say that after going to JoTH for "problems" last year, she decided to get out. The questions are, do and siblings or her parents know? Where exactly is she?

if you want my opinion, (4)I'd say this whole JoTH thing is just a cover for what really happened to Jana. Most of the posts were deleted soon after though, I was lucky to be able to catch any at all. Like I said, not much. it is all rather confusing to me... Jana, wherever you are, I hope you are okay.

Wait a minute, back up. I need to know more about the bolded and numbered items.

1. Where did you hear these rumours?

2. And they won't tell Daddy? I find that hard to believe. Again, where did you hear this?

3. Who was this person? How did you hear it?

4. What, in your opinion, really happened to Jana? Do you mean that it's a cover for her having escaped?

Wait a minute, back up. I need to know more about the bolded and numbered items.

1. Where did you hear these rumours?

2. And they won't tell Daddy? I find that hard to believe. Again, where did you hear this?

3. Who was this person? How did you hear it?

4. What, in your opinion, really happened to Jana? Do you mean that it's a cover for her having escaped?

1. As I said, RUMOURS. I heard it on several forums.

2. See above. The J slaves have a very close bond, an they may be feeling what Jana feels, to a certain degree.mIt is possible that they may have even helped her escape before the fam went on the campaign trail.

3. I don't remember the name. I usually don't read names, only posts.

4. Yikes, nothing like that!!! I mean escape!!! :shock:

I think it's pure speculation / wishing on our part. As much as I would LOVE to see Jana leave the cult, and begin the tidal wave of escapes, there's NOTHING to make me believe it has happened, or that anything is in the works. She's at home in Tontitown, in charge of 13 younger siblings, and miserable as always . End of story. Poor Jana, I hope she does escape someday.

Maybe, at the very least, she is beginning to think more deeply about her life. Maybe she's spending some time away with other family members, even under the disguise of taking short vacations to visit with relatives. It may not be a dramatic escape, but it sounds like discontentment that will grow over time.

The odds are strong that someone is eventually going to break completely away, though. My guess is one of the younger ones. Unlike other fundies, they've had a lot more exposure to the outside world. As mentioned, even Josh is lightening up.

Asshole that he is, Josh is turning fundie lite right before our eyes. With a TV in the house, a little daughter who sometimes wears pants, and fleeting references to things like (real) video games, Jurassic Park and Led Zeppelin, it's pretty clear he's turning into your typical right-wing 23 year old prick. He isn't living a Gothard approved life.

I have wondered if doing the show was a way to break away from Gothard. If for no other reason than its so much work and so boring to be that isolated! But then I remember that Gothard doesn't say NO tv--just VERY limited. Skirts are mandatory at ATI events, but at home Daddy calls the shots. And, toddlers aren't always held to the same standard.

With Josh it's just like I've said several times recently--he and Anna get to be teenagers finally! So what if they have kids, they've had kids in tow their whole life! Thanks to TLC they have money to burn and they're enjoying it. That was the point of the Duggars investments and frugality--to eventually ENJOY it.

I have wondered if doing the show was a way to break away from Gothard. If for no other reason than its so much work and so boring to be that isolated! But then I remember that Gothard doesn't say NO tv--just VERY limited. Skirts are mandatory at ATI events, but at home Daddy calls the shots. And, toddlers aren't always held to the same standard.

With Josh it's just like I've said several times recently--he and Anna get to be teenagers finally! So what if they have kids, they've had kids in tow their whole life! Thanks to TLC they have money to burn and they're enjoying it. That was the point of the Duggars investments and frugality--to eventually ENJOY it.

I think you have a good point in that "they are finally allowed to be teenagers!" I'm noticing that some of my younger friends just seem so immature and I think, why? But then I realized that I was sorta like that at their age, and that, even though I'm not MUCH older (I'm 23 and they're 18-19) I've had more time to get the rebellion out of my system than they have. They're just now getting out from under their parents' thumb, whereas I technically have been for a while, even though i still lived with my parents till recently.

Josh and Anna have been more restricted than I ever was (and I was restricted more than ye average teen, we weren't fundy, but conservative). They probably are acting this way now because they never got the rebellion out of their system. I wonder if they would be doing more if the cameras weren't around?

Here's my take:

Jana is home helping with the little kids doing College Plus and playing piano in any free time she can find.

One thing no one has thought of: at least a JTTH she can be with others her age and not have to change diapers, cook, etc.

I don't think she has left in any way. Maybe the poor thing gets migranes--can you imagine traveling on the bus with one of those??

Here's my take:

Jana is home helping with the little kids doing College Plus and playing piano in any free time she can find.

One thing no one has thought of: at least a JTTH she can be with others her age and not have to change diapers, cook, etc.

I don't think she has left in any way. Maybe the poor thing gets migranes--can you imagine traveling on the bus with one of those??

Yes, that would be my guess too.

What were the specific forums that you read about Jana escaping on?

As long as gossip and innuendo about Jana is popular, what if she is knocked up and her family is just hiding the pregnancy The new baby will be revealed in a TV special by Juterues. The JU (as I am fond of calling her) will claim this new chid to be an adoptee. Great way to close the uterus, earn income and hide an unwed childs spawn.

More likely than her leaving is the fact that she's 22 and just doesn't want to be part of the whole fiasco anymore. She's old enough to decline being filmed, and she probably did - good for her. I can't say I blame her, after everything that happened with Josie and Jubilee.

As much as I would love to believe she escaped, I highly doubt it :( JimBoob keeps his kids under lock and key, and I'm sure that continues even when he isn't around. If she's at home now taking care of the Howlers, she has lots of eyes on her.

I think, like others, she's just done with the whole farce. She's also shy and withdrawn, so she's probably avoiding the camera. Not that I would wish a meltdown or anything on her, but I would love for her to just snap one day and tell off JimBoob and Michelle (preferably on-camera). A whole "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! I AM NOT YOUR MAID, I AM NOT YOUR NANNY, GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND BE PARENTS!" and then run for the hills, but there's no way that would ever happen. I'm still holding out hope that she does find a way out, because I do feel awful for her. Just looking at her, you can tell she's suffering.

I am hoping that Jana and Michaela (Bates) will move out together. They could get an apartment and 'detox' from ATI together.

I am hoping that Jana and Michaela (Bates) will move out together. They could get an apartment and 'detox' from ATI together.

Yes, but you need money to get an appt. Plus, you need a job to pay for your rent. Eventually, they can. They'd most likely need to stay with someone for several months to get on their feet.

Well uh, yeah. I didn't intend my one sentence to be a complete step by step plan for what and how adults need to live independently.

I read on this very forum that an extremely high percentage of ATI kids leave the cult when they reach adulthood. If those other young adults could get out, why not Jana? And if Josh really did help her escape, I take back every mean thing I've ever said about him.

Jana was in Florida yesterday with the oldest kids. I read an article about it and saw pics. I don't even follow the Duggars and I knew this. LOL

http://www.bradenton.com/2012/01/29/3829319/santorum-daughter-to-sub-for-her.html

If you click on the picture in the lower left hand corner, it changes. She's in one of the pics.

I see Jinger, Jill, and Jessa in that photo, but not Jana. Or am I looking at the wrong photo?

I see Jinger, Jill, and Jessa in that photo, but not Jana. Or am I looking at the wrong photo?

Maybe the article got the names wrong. They left out Jinger in the article and said that Jana was there. Who is in the picture with the guy who looks like Abraham Lincoln?

Archived