IGNORED

One Bright Corner

Daenerys

My Dad's birthday was on Valentine's day so his birthday was out focus. I adored my Dad, I miss him so much. I would never have written him a valentine like this blogger did and he sure as hell wouldn't have written me one. We had healthy boundaries. I called him Daddy until I was about 10, then Dad. He was known to lots of people though as Daddy O. He always signed his cards and letters to me as Daddy O. He gave me the best gift I have ever received shortly before he died. He had kept every letter I'd ever sent him, going back to Girl Scout camp in 1952. He'd kept every single one. That's love in my book.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both my parents stil buy me a box of chocolate at Valentine's Day, but if they ever wrote me a poem it wouldn't be anything like this.

She's comparing her brother to all she needs in a boyfriend?! Her TODDLER brother? That is messed up in so many ways I can't even begin. What is it with fundies sexualising everything?!

If my dad wrote me a Valentine's day poem I would be seriously creeped out and vice verca if I wrote that to him, and that's not just because my dad hates Americanised holidays such as Valentine's Day (as do I. I celebrated it once last year with my then boyfriend and loathed myself for it. I couldn't take it seriously).

As for celebrating it myself, I'm from England and I don't think I was aware of it at all in primary school apart from seeing things about it on American TV programmes. We would make things for our parents on Father's Day and Mothering Sunday but that was it. It has got bigger over recent years though. When I taught in Mexico for a few months Valentine's Day was HUGE and the children were constant;y giving each other balloons and sweets. I thought that was quite nice that they were focusing on the friendship aspect of love.

My mom bought us boxes of conversation hearts on valentines day (and chocolate crosses on easter resurrection sunday) until she broke a tooth on one...then she got us chocolate.

It's really terrifying when you think she's so sexually repressed she's clearly developing that kind of attraction towards her male relatives.... I can see that if the same thing happens to boys with lots of sisters, sexual abuse must be rife in the fundy community.

• 2 weeks later...

(catching up)

kayray - sorry, I was more addressing USAlians with that health insurance comment. Two or three people had mentioned the "persecution" aspect and I think I didn't realise one was from Canada.

I agree a jail sentence is rank hyperbole, but that's meat and drink to some people.

I found an upside-down penis!

In this post, second pic:

onebrightcorner.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-it-came-to-be.html

This is of absolutely no importance, but I love finding defrauding images in fundie blogs and sites. :dance: Carry on...

I can't access that post?! :think:

Someone might want to tell her gently that it is not and probably will never be illegal to *not* support gay marriage. I have heard other people say this as well and it confuses me.

"Well, in Canada/UK/France it is illegal to be against homosexuality, they will throw you in jail..."

I just don't think that is true.

I'm sure in the EU, you can be against homosexuality as much as you want privately, but if you discriminate against gay people e. g. at the workplace, you can get sued.

But being thrown to in jail for being against homosexuality? Nah...sounds pretty naive.

• 5 years later...

I mainly made this account to post here, because I'm really amazed by the fact that people on freejinger are all talking about people I personally know. I'm an atheist, but was raised by a similar philosophy and I know the family preeeetty well, so if you have any (non-personal, non-private) questions about the twins or their family, I'd be willing to answer. There's a lot of speculation on this board, and since the Cash family are incredibly kind and sweet people, I'd like to clear their name a bit. (esp. since the incest accusations are a bit disturbing)

Archived