IGNORED

And the big hairband bows & flowers begin...

0 kids n not countin

I've just read the first couple paragraphs of the courtship story...

From her:

In their emails we found out a lot about Taylor, and what he believed, and we discovered that it was exactly what we believed! It was really neat.

Yeesh, does this read like a fifth grader's diary entry to anyone else?

From him:

After noticing Abigail’s love for the Lord and desire to be a keeper at home (Titus 2), I began to consider asking Mr. Sawyer about the possibility of beginning a courtship with her.

Swoon! How romantic.

Cute baby but they can leave that huge pink daisy off her head, along with the other headbands. I would think they'd make your head hurt.

Cute baby but they can leave that huge pink daisy off her head, along with the other headbands. I would think they'd make your head hurt.

My thoughts exactly NurseNell, not to mention they must be super uncomfortable to wear when sleeping.

As has been mentioned before (I think with respect to Josie Duggar) we all get that your baby is a girl...

good lord, a denim frumper and a fake flower bigger than her head. IMG_4126sm.jpg poor little gal.

Gotta make sure there is no doubt she's a girl. Yikes. The little frumper has some cute embroidery.

Did anyone check out the wedding pictures?

Pink ties on the men, I'm shocked! Isn't that too feminine for men?

She looks so young, just out of diapers herself.

Ok, I don't believe for a second she was almost 18 when her father was approached about courtship....which would have made her 18 or 19 st marriage. It's a very convenient giving her age as almost 17. Her bridesmaids all look extremely young too, which makes me suspicious...if she just looked young for her age, I would expect her friends to look 18/19 as well.

She looks 14/15 in those photos, and I will give the benefit of the doubt and say that at the oldest she was 16/17 at the time she was married. I wonder what Arkansas minimum age of marriage is? I'm sure that wouldn't necessarily matter anyways, as her parents seem to be ok with her courting to begin with.

Oh, and her mother put on her finest frumper for the occasion! Interesting Taylor's mom and sister look quite stylish...they at least appear to be fundie lite, or not even fundie at all (especially his sister...showing her defrauding upper arms and all!).

I just finished reading the thread on Emily and Dna and came over to this thread. Clearly my standards have been changed by Emily because I look at this baby and think: she is clean. She is in appropriate clothing (I hate the bow but they have dressed her up neatly). The house is clean. The other child is clean.

And the infantilization of fundie young women rears its ugly head, yet again:

This big brudder LOVES his sissy!

On the other hand, I've decided to be fair. I know non-fundie people who do this and so, while annoying, it's not just a young fundie mom thing. But she does consistently spell and write it is "brudder" and "sissy", but maybe that's just irritating, more than insidious. Also, they let their son read sesame street books and Cat in the Hat, so points for that.

She does look about 17 years old though.

Ok, I don't believe for a second she was almost 18 when her father was approached about courtship....which would have made her 18 or 19 st marriage. It's a very convenient giving her age as almost 17. Her bridesmaids all look extremely young too, which makes me suspicious...if she just looked young for her age, I would expect her friends to look 18/19 as well.

She looks 14/15 in those photos, and I will give the benefit of the doubt and say that at the oldest she was 16/17 at the time she was married. I wonder what Arkansas minimum age of marriage is? I'm sure that wouldn't necessarily matter anyways, as her parents seem to be ok with her courting to begin with.

I did some quick googlestalking. On a pubic records site, her current age was given as 21; Taylor is 25. I haven't turned up her actual birthdate, but since she said she was 19 on her very first post-wedding blog post on July 22, 2009, it seems to be somewhere betwen mid-June and mid-July.

So yeah, she probably was "almost 18" when she and Taylor first met in early June 2008, 18 when he formally asked her to start a courtship in April 2009, and either 18 or just barely 19 when they married on July 12.

She seems less fundy than her family. It must be her husband taking the pics of her holding up the rag quilt because she's shorter than him, and the camera is angled down. She's wearing pants in that picture. She's also definitely wearing pants in her 20 weeks pic. They have iphones. They didn't get married in a church but in a hotel. She didn't have her kids back to back but almost two years apart.

In other words... she seems like a "normal" really Christian southern girl. I knew plenty of those back in my days in the south. I dunno, she seems happy and seems to enjoy doing some of the same things I do... I can't really hate on her, I know so many girls like her, married straight out of high school. Not my cup of tea, but whatever.

However, WTF is up with the pic of her less than 1 year old son floating alone in the pool?? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I did some quick googlestalking. On a pubic records site, her current age was given as 21; Taylor is 25. I haven't turned up her actual birthdate, but since she said she was 19 on her very first post-wedding blog post on July 22, 2009, it seems to be somewhere betwen mid-June and mid-July.

So yeah, she probably was "almost 18" when she and Taylor first met in early June 2008, 18 when he formally asked her to start a courtship in April 2009, and either 18 or just barely 19 when they married on July 12.

Good job with that. I guess she just looked really young. But I'll be first to admit I dont really hang around young people much these days, so my ability to guesstimate ages on young folk could be off.

I agree she seems to be far less fundie than her parents. She looks really cute, and has matured into a pretty hung girl. However, I wonder if she would let her kids date or want them to do the whole courtship thing?

That poor baby looks so uncomfortable and looks more like she's shut down than peacefully sleeping. She ought to be in a gown or a sleeper if she has to wear more than a diaper. No denim for newborns!

Good job with that. I guess she just looked really young. But I'll be first to admit I dont really hang around young people much these days, so my ability to guesstimate ages on young folk could be off.

I agree she seems to be far less fundie than her parents. She looks really cute, and has matured into a pretty hung girl. However, I wonder if she would let her kids date or want them to do the whole courtship thing?

She looks like she's gotten a lot less fundie since she got married. Much more stylish and modern looking (jeans in some pictures!) in the last year or so than in her earlier stuff.

Lol...me and my autocorrect!

I've been seeing a lot of flower headbands and bows in the stores at the mall, especially at Claire's, which caters to tweens. I don't mind the smaller bows and headgear on the wee ones, but the baby in the photo upthread looks like she's wearing one of those old-fashioned petal bathing caps.

I have been reading/googling about them for the past half hour....not even sure why. He appears not to be from a strict fundy family....parents are divorced, father remarried... it looks like from the wedding pictures. They must think he has gone off the deep end. He wrote on a theology site several years ago how he is new to this. Wonder how he got hooked up in it all? He seems to be a technology geek and even mentioned on one website what he does on/with computers (after his wife goes to bed...???)

I've been seeing a lot of flower headbands and bows in the stores at the mall, especially at Claire's, which caters to tweens. I don't mind the smaller bows and headgear on the wee ones, but the baby in the photo upthread looks like she's wearing one of those old-fashioned petal bathing caps.

I've read a few blogs and the huge bows/flower headbands seem to be concentrated in the Southern United States. Do any of our members there know why? I've seen some bows on toddler girls that are bigger than their heads!

Archived