IGNORED

Kirk Cameron's New Project

FuManchu

Has anyone seen this?

http://blindgossip.com/?p=39111

[blindGossip] There is an area in Griffith Park where you can take the kiddies for a train ride. A certain actor used to enjoy taking men for another kind of ride in the same area. He would cruise the park, pick up a guy, and then hook up with them in his car. The really ironic thing here is that the actor is so religious that when he was a teen heartthrob (a couple of decades ago) he used to insist that any dialogue that was even the slightest bit sexual or profane be removed from his lines because they violated his sense of decency. He’s all grown up now – and still cruises for guys – but we’re sure his wife really appreciates what a moral man she married.

The comments are worth reading! :lol:

Luke has my vote!

leo-dicaprio-growing-pains_l.jpg

He's too busy playing Gatsby at the moment to be bothered. Talk about contrasting views of the Americana!

He's too busy playing Gatsby at the moment to be bothered. Talk about contrasting views of the Americana!

Aw, Leo...still looks 12.

Anyway, since when is America the freest nation on earth? Certain vocal people who get a lot of press seem to think America has some sort of monopoly on freedom...spoiler alert...it doesn't. Go to some of the other countries on this planet and you will not find a huge difference :roll:

Wow, there's a lot of pensive staring in that trailer. I think that might be the bulk of the movie ... Kirk starting into space with a worried look on his face. :roll:

And lots of "rumble . . . thump" background music -- always a sign of trouble! :D

I like the moment when Kirk is being shown the sleeping area on Mayflower Two, and, after being told he would be sharing the little cubby in which he is lying, says "It's actually quite comfortable."

Thinking of sailors, Kirk?

Gee, I wonder what he "discovers" about our "rewritten" history. I can't imagine what his slant might be. :roll:

I was wondering what he said about the Puritans.

We all know how strict, hardcore and fanatical the Puritans were, but did they really hated fun and games? did they ever had music or celebrations? Surely they were not that boring and I know not all wore black and white suits.

But even today, what is about the Puritans that we dislike/hate? apart from the hanging witches, slaughtering Native Americans, misogyny etc. etc. They were just people of their time.

i want to know why the hell they named that one character "boner". even when i was a kid, i knew that was a fucked up nickname!

:naughty:

Could this be a first step to Kirk trying for a political career? Might as well, plenty of other batshit crazy asshat fundies are doing it.

If it is, he would have to probably move out of CA because I bet he is way out there for even the most conservative Republicans in CA.

We all know how strict, hardcore and fanatical the Puritans were, but did they really hated fun and games? did they ever had music or celebrations? Surely they were not that boring and I know not all wore black and white suits.

But even today, what is about the Puritans that we dislike/hate? apart from the hanging witches, slaughtering Native Americans, misogyny etc. etc. They were just people of their time.

Kirkie really needs to read The Scarlet Letter. Although he won't understand that Hawthorne's book is an indictment against them, he might be able to grasp that the minister was the most screwed up person in the entire community (save Hester's skeevy husband, but he lived outside the community, so I won't count him).

Gotta say, the picture of him from the website for this disaster is infuriating to me. So you want to go and tell us all about how we became the greatest nation in the history of forever and ever, and you carry the flag like that? Really? Just grab it all balled up, no big deal. Granted I was raised by a Marine, so I was taught early that there are standards on how you handle the flag and I would be smacked upside the head right quick if I broke from that. Sticks with me to this day. If you want to tell me about our history and how wonderful we are, start by treating the flag properly and then shut up, because biased history isn't of interest to me.

Gosh, I wonder what Kirk will decide our "secret formula" boils down to. I can't even begin to predict. I am breathless with anticipation.

"Search," my ass. He could have phoned this is from his john and given the money he spent traveling to charity.

Go Christian nation. Go founding fathers. Go capitalism. Go Puritan work ethic.

Wow, there's a lot of pensive staring in that trailer. I think that might be the bulk of the movie ... Kirk starting into space with a worried look on his face. :roll:

It's his thing. He released some promo videos for Comfort's "special edition" of Darwin's Origin of Species, and there was lots of faux concern. Children are not allowed to PRAY or look at BIBLES in school...blah blah blah, eleventy!!11!1!

Gotta say, the picture of him from the website for this disaster is infuriating to me. So you want to go an tell us all about how we became the greatest nation in the history of forever and ever, and you carry the flag like that? Really? Just grab it all balled up, no big deal. Granted I was raised by a Marine, so I was taught early that there are standards on how you handle the flag and I would be smacked upside the head right quick if I broke from that. Sticks with me to this day. If you want to tell me about our history and how wonderful we are, start by treating the flag properly and then shut up, because biased history isn't of interest to me.

Me too!!! Growing up, I was taught the protocol of flag-handling, just like I was taught how to set a table. (God forbid I should be at a crowded banquet table and not know which water glass was mine!)

Even so, I was surprised by the visceral reaction I had to the movie poster. If you believe an item is imbued with honor, you treat it with respect. You don't pick it up like a beach towel your kid left on the beach. If KC wants to be an America-first, Evangelical leader, he should learn how not to piss off a huge chunk of his demographic. Maybe he thinks it makes him look rugged and manly, who knows. What a maroon.

When fundies talk about "freedom", what freedom are they refering to, that is so much better in the US than the rest of the world?

Apart from the right to buy and carry guns around with few restrictions and abusing your children, I don't know what freedom they are talking about that the rest of the western world is denied. Could somebody explain?

My mom taught me that my freedom ends where another person's freedom begins. The fundies should think about that one for a while while they drone on and on about freedom this and Jesus that.

When fundies talk about "freedom", what freedom are they refering to, that is so much better in the US than the rest of the world?

Apart from the right to buy and carry guns around with few restrictions and abusing your children, I don't know what freedom they are talking about that the rest of the western world is denied. Could somebody explain?

It's the same kind of freedom that California homophobes lose when gay people are given the right to marry. The kind that only exists in fundie minds, and only when it benefits them.

I love the part in the trailer when he listens to some guy speaking and his (Cameron's) eyes have such a look of horror..."We live in an ungodly world, oh noes!!".

On a related note we watched the 6th season of 24 the other week and I was surprised to see another child star of my days: Ricky Schroeder. I'll say this: he was pretty good in it, as a former Marine now CTU agent with a stiff, asshole-ish demeanour who saves the day. If I would've been the 24 writers I would've brought him back in the next seasons. Schroeder converted to LDS after getting married but, unlike Cameron, gets to play some roles in mainstream TV. Kirk Cameron really killed his career options by only doing christian films.

Transitioning from "child actor" to "regular actor" seems hard.

Gotta say, the picture of him from the website for this disaster is infuriating to me. So you want to go an tell us all about how we became the greatest nation in the history of forever and ever, and you carry the flag like that? Really?

Drag the Flag --- the new Fundie fad.

It really does give the impression that it's all about worshipping Kirk -- not respect for the country, the flag, or even God or Jesus -- just Kirk.

monumental-poster.jpg

It really does give the impression that it's all about worshipping Kirk -- not respect for the country, the flag, or even God or Jesus -- just Kirk.

Yea, the flag dragging (er, flagging?) really ticks me off. I'm a horrible feminazi liberal agnostic and I would never treat the flag with such disrespect.

On-topic: I LOl'd when the video started with "Kirk Cameron Presents" like he's Steven Spielberg.

Even pre-Fundie, I heard KC was a arogant asshole. I knew people who went to the same HS as he and his sister went too. My Grandmother also worked in the offices of the school and said the times she dealt with him he was very rude. She also said he looked like a little boy, acting big, sitting in his sportscar :lol:

I also have to say that if he went to Griffith Park to "hike" ever the chances are he was meeting guys. I have had many gay friends tell me just how common place it is for gay men to hook up in the park. There were certain paths I did not take after that, since I didn't want to interupt anyone :lol:

Kirk never had a chance for a career since he was never that good or that good looking. No wonder he loves this audience, they expect nothing but belief in the Koolaid. But I agree flag disrespect might tick off quite a few people. Shame on you Kirk, do you need to go take a hike?

He's an ass. Are the VF all idiots?

First they complain about how the country is going to hell, oldfashioned values should be restored yada yada yada and then they treat soldiers and the flag with absolutely no respect. I am thinking about when Doug dressed up as a WWII soldier and posed with real veterans. What a fucking clown.

And now KC is dragging the flag behind him... way to go.

We should all chip in and send them an etiquette book.

What is it about the Puritans we still dislike/hate? Were they always theocratic fundies of 17th century that never had fun or games? Surely they must have, historians even said that they did laugh and had festivals.

But then again, why do fundies still praise them even of their misdeeds? witch-hunting, killing off Natives, using biblical methods of punishment etc.

Guest Anonymous

monumental-poster.jpg

The way he's carrying that flag, it looks like he plans to buff his car with it. Way to go with the respect there, Kirkie.

The way he's carrying that flag, it looks like he plans to buff his car with it. Way to go with the respect there, Kirkie.

I have a feeling this is going to be disrespectful all around, maybe he's just trying to let us know that with the poster showing disregard for the flag. Now he only has one expression, that of constipated disgust, but seeing him with that expression by the Iwo Jima Memorial made me think he was going to dismiss every memorial not religious in nature. First I'll piss them off by mishandling the flag (p.s. Kirk, we don't use the flag in advertising according to the flag code), then I'll act like memorials to men are inappropriate.

Archived