IGNORED

NCFIC Internship program

WonderingInWA

Oh, come on guys -- it's not THAT bad of a deal. All you have to do is provide your own living expenses (minus rent) for 6 months, cook in a college dorm style, wake up early in the morning to exercise, put in 50 hours a week of work, spend the rest of your free time studying scripture, give NCFIC unpaid labor, and you too can get the benefit of this:

personal discipleship with Peter Bradrick and Scott Brown

Plus, okay - you learn minimal marketable skills, but really? You're a fundie guy. It's not like you're going out into the real workforce. You're just going to set up a tree cleaning business, or sell fire alarms or something. It's like a gap year for fundie boys. Or a turn in the Peace Corps. Yeesh, you guys are so critical.

Plus! It's not like NCFIC is doing this for their own benefit! They say themselves that the internship program costs "approximately $60,000" per year to run! I mean, they have to beg for donations just to keep this charitable service going. Ya'll are bitches, man. Why don't you prayerfully consider spending some of your heathen money to help this worthy and life-changing program?

Plus! It's not like NCFIC is doing this for their own benefit! They say themselves that the internship program costs "approximately $60,000" per year to run! I mean, they have to beg for donations just to keep this charitable service going. Ya'll are bitches, man. Why don't you prayerfully consider spending some of your heathen money to help this worthy and life-changing program?

Ok, ok, demgirl :lol:

So, that's about $10,000 per intern that they have to come up with, or $20,000 each if they "employed" them for a full year. That's...barely scratching poverty level. Even with no experience in a crappy economy, I made over $25K a year when I started my first job. If I were expected to shell out that much overtime, it would have been a lot higher. Yeesh.

Oh, and the application is pretty hilarious too. They are also generous enough to let a single mother sign the approval form for her son, since she is the "acting head of household" :roll: It also looks like David is supposed to be the one receiving and reviewing the apps. I think they stole most of the questions from the interview that you are supposed to give your potential partner before courting them. They are really, really looking for people with extensive skills in "creative media"-you know, the kind of people that would demand an even higher salary in the real world...

And I kind of snarked on their wedding picture. Shows Scott sweeping bride Deborah off her feet, but only shows the back of her head. I asked, "Is that the only picture you could come up with of your own wife at your wedding? It'd be nice to actually see her face!"

I thought that picture was very awkward. I couldn't even tell where Deborah was. Is he picking her up? It almost looks like she's bent backwards most uncomfortably.

NCFIC "Internships" = voluntary slavery.

Scott's 30th anniversary posts = Height of Smugness.

Part of the contract agreement is this: "______

The cleaning of your linens, towels, and clothing will be your own responsibility. Because the dorm has no laundry facilities, you will be required to utilize any of several local Laundromats. We will provide you with a bedspread, blanket-­â€comforter, and pillow."

I love the writing here. First, aren't towels considered linens? And why is "Laundromats" capitalized? My guess is one of the homeschooled kids drafted the agreement. Geniuses, all of them!

And where, in the holy name of Jesus, is "Mr." Peter Bradrick in this whole NCFIC Internship scheme? Is he too busy with his worldwide traveling ventures with Dougie to be mentoring the interns? I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in all this business development.

Speculation, anyone?

And where, in the holy name of Jesus, is "Mr." Peter Bradrick in this whole NCFIC Internship scheme? Is he too busy with his worldwide traveling ventures with Dougie to be mentoring the interns? I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in all this business development.

Speculation, anyone?

That's what I asked. Where the hell is that ginger gargoyle?! It doesn't look like his security company (?) is doing much. There haven't been any major disasters lately for him and his merry-men to get in the way of REAL emergency personnel. What the hell is he doing with his time? I thought he was on Papa Brown's payroll as well.

That's what I asked. Where the hell is that ginger gargoyle?! It doesn't look like his security company (?) is doing much. There haven't been any major disasters lately for him and his merry-men to get in the way of REAL emergency personnel. What the hell is he doing with his time? I thought he was on Papa Brown's payroll as well.

Oh, I missed your comment! LOL!

He's certainly got to be busy planning Dougie's next international adventure or creating the world's next natural disaster or getting Kelly pregnant again (because she screwed up and gave birth to a girl last time -- woops!). My guess is we will see some staggering news from him sometime soon. He's been entirely too quiet. He's losing his headshipability in the eyes of the public!

And, because I can, I just had to post this moving public service announcement that Petie has out there on You Tube.

Note the sounds of cars rushing by, the flies circling, and his souvenir shirt from his Scotland trip with Dougie.

Pretty hard to take him and his coffee-cup ears seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nchNSv7tp8

And, because I can, I just had to post this moving public service announcement that Petie has out there on You Tube.

Note the sounds of cars rushing by, the flies circling, and his souvenir shirt from his Scotland trip with Dougie.

Pretty hard to take him and his coffee-cup ears seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nchNSv7tp8

When he turns his head, his right ear becomes translucent. I can't stop staring at it.

When he turns his head, his right ear becomes translucent. I can't stop staring at it.

He looks like a Marks and Spencer Porky Pig sweetie.

Speculation, anyone?

He's there. They mention him by name in the schedule that I copied on the other page:

Interns are expected to accept cheerfully any other miscellaneous duties assigned by NCFIC Management. Further, they are required to work at the offices of the NCFIC from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. This time includes a ½-­â€hour break for lunch, personal discipleship with Peter Bradrick and Scott Brown, and cheerful cooperation with all members of the NCFIC staff.

• 1 year later...

Bringing back this old thread because, while searching for something else, I found this deeply inspiring, spiritual ;) video, posted on Youtube by Peter Bradrick:

_zXv8y748z0

Couple of those guys aren't doing them properly. It's not manly to wuss out on your push ups!

Couple of those guys aren't doing them properly. It's not manly to wuss out on your push ups!

I got the impression that some of them caught on that the point was to let Scott (that is Scott Brown in the upper right hand corner, yes?) be the last man standing -- er, pushing.

So doing the push-ups badly, and/or just giving up, may have been real, and may have been kissing up.

I got the impression that some of them caught on that the point was to let Scott (that is Scott Brown in the upper right hand corner, yes?) be the last man standing -- er, pushing.

So doing the push-ups badly, and/or just giving up, may have been real, and may have been kissing up.

Yeah, it did seem like they were not even half-way trying because they knew they were supposed to let him win.

Part of the contract agreement is this: "______

The cleaning of your linens, towels, and clothing will be your own responsibility. Because the dorm has no laundry facilities, you will be required to utilize any of several local Laundromats. We will provide you with a bedspread, blanket-­â€comforter, and pillow."

I love the writing here. First, aren't towels considered linens? And why is "Laundromats" capitalized? My guess is one of the homeschooled kids drafted the agreement. Geniuses, all of them!

At least for a while it was a trademark that, in AP style, had to be capitalized. (The style guide I have is from 1998 and still capitalizes it. It was finally made lower-case in the 2007 style guide.) /removes copyeditor hat

At least for a while it was a trademark that, in AP style, had to be capitalized. (The style guide I have is from 1998 and still capitalizes it. It was finally made lower-case in the 2007 style guide.) /removes copyeditor hat

At least they spelled it correctly, capitalized or not. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen it separated into two words: 'laundry mat.' Another one for the 'walla' file. :lol:

Archived