Deleted04

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't these people understand the quickness way out of poverty is by only have as many children as you can afford. DNA works at Walmart, makes about $8 per hr, no health insurance, how in the hell can they afford all those kids?

Hear hear. I think of the economy, health care issues, jobs, college, etc.... the things that keep me up at night. And it occurred to me... what if the "children of Men" scenario came true? No more reproduction for ten years? How settled the world would be.

If they're poor, they would qualify for food stamps & WIC - there's no excuse to not feed those poor children good healthy meals. Are they another couple that doesn't "believe" in getting government help when they clearly need it?

If they're poor, they would qualify for food stamps & WIC - there's no excuse to not feed those poor children good healthy meals. Are they another couple that doesn't "believe" in getting government help when they clearly need it?

Emily wouldn't even turn on the heat when it was *free* in her apartment, so no, I seriously doubt she'd take WIC or food stamps.

Emily has shocked and awed me for years. I have never, ever, seen anyone raising children in such an environment ON PURPOSE. The poorest people I've met all worked hard to do the best they could for their children, using what they had. In most cases, that meant new or new-ish shoes and warm clothes for the kids, while mom wore old tatty things, a focus on getting the kids the most calories possible, etc. I'm not an "Oh my god, won't someone think of the children" type of gal, but I'm fairly sure a basic tenet of parenthood is to look after your children before yourself, and do the best you can with what you have.

For Breaking Bad fans, Emily's food and squalor posts remind me of when Jesse meets little Spooje, whose meth head parents neglect him to the point that their dealer ends up feeding him marshmallow fluff on hamburger buns, because that's all they have in the house. Em and Dna don't even have drugs as an 'excuse'.

as I said in the "remember dna and emily" thread, emily was my favorite brand of crazy, and was the first fundy blog i ever regularly followed. I know dan is an adult, but i really just think that he isn't very smart and emily is great at manipulating and controlling him. If the only job he can get is a walmart janitor, he can't be a very smart man. He reminds me a lot of forrest gump for that reason. I think emily has used him as a vessel to carry out this poverty queen child machine fantasy she has.

About brad - stuff is thrown up to six feet out of the toilet bowl during flushing. that is a great reason not to put a stuffed animal permanently in the bathroom.

Her food and portions are appalling. I can understand trying to make favorite, kind of expensive snack foods by scratch. But i would never consider a single hot pocket a meal. If i eat one, I am hungry two hrs later. She seems to think her snack replacements are entire meals. On her blog she also mentioned frequently her children "grazed" during the day. What about her poor husband, who was working and going to school? No way to graze at those places. I felt so sorry for dan.

Poor Dan? Poor kids. She seems determined to have another and another as quickly as possible.

At 3 kids she was feeding them gloodles, what the heck does she do now? Just plunk a sack of expired flour on the table and hand out spoons? Don't worry about the larvae, kids, they're protein.

Mommy's too tired to cook tube meat, go clean up our roach problem. Just throw Mommy's cheese dress on the bugs and jump. Don't worry, most of the bug goo will come back out in the Wonderwash, and the bacteria from the rest will culture the next dress cheese! Well, no, we can't afford dairy milk anymore, but Mommy's kidney bean milk is WAY better.

What are you kids complaining about now? You have a book, the Bible! That's the only story book you need. I'll have Daddy read it to you, but don't let him skip over the dirty bits. Rape and incest are God's will too, just ask that nice Rick Santorum. Stop whining! Daddy has to learn to sound out the hard words SOMEHOW.

Yes, I know Daddy is in the bathroom crying again. That will stop soon. I read an inspirational blog and your next little brother is going to sleep with Little Dan in the tub, so he'll be able to watch the baby. He can just make bottles with toilet water, water is water. A towel is a blanket. The tub is like a manger, Jesus approves! I might add a bunk over the toilet for Little Dan but I'm just not sure the Lord wants me to give up Brad. However, Little Dan is also the official Bowel Monitor, so over the toilet would be perfect. I haven't found a big enough cardboard box yet. I'll have to feed him less, he's growing too fast.

Therese died when Daddy drank her, so we're going to have to make a new Therese. Mommy doesn't have the money to send away for a new culture, so we're all going to put our feet into some bean milk and put it on the windowsill. Mommy can't wait for Therese II!

what are gloodles? they sound disgusting.

so who is this lady, and why do her kids look so damn shabby?

i will be honest and say that my husband and i have 7 kids, and we have a small house and not very much money..BUT..my newborns never had to wear nasty worn out oversized sleepers like that, and they certainly have never went without basic necessities. is she blowing their money on herself??

what are gloodles? they sound disgusting.

so who is this lady, and why do her kids look so damn shabby?

i will be honest and say that my husband and i have 7 kids, and we have a small house and not very much money..BUT..my newborns never had to wear nasty worn out oversized sleepers like that, and they certainly have never went without basic necessities. is she blowing their money on herself??

Emily is a whack-a-doodle. Her blog was golden snarking material. Enjoy: under1000permonth.blogspot.com/

also: gloodles - Emily made "pasta" from flour and water - that is it - the resultant mess was gluey and vile - and yet she considered it a wonderful meal - the name comes from a FJ member (sorry I don't know who) who combined noodles+glue for the name

well, i have made noodles from flour and water before...i usually throw an egg in though.

yes, i found her thing...wow. why?? what is the damn obsession with being "frugal", anyways?? how boring and totally not fun. not to say you should just crazy and spend everything you have but the lengths that some of these people go to are ridiculous.

gloodles though..that is the grossest sounding word ive heard in a while! :dance:

well, i have made noodles from flour and water before...i usually throw an egg in though.

That's the difference though. Real noodles have an egg in them. Flour and water with no egg is like paste (or paper mache goop).

I really do miss her brand of whack-a-doodleness. A couple of my favorite from her 1) she was not poor because XX number of people in the world lived on less than she 2) she was going to take away shampoo from her family, because it was a nasty habit 3) her sticker collection that only she was allowed to use 4) that she would sew outfits for a girl and if the baby was a boy she would sell them.

Please Em come back you got me through a real tough time in my life.

I really do miss her brand of whack-a-doodleness. A couple of my favorite from her 1) she was not poor because XX number of people in the world lived on less than she 2) she was going to take away shampoo from her family, because it was a nasty habit 3) her sticker collection that only she was allowed to use 4) that she would sew outfits for a girl and if the baby was a boy she would sell them.

Please Em come back you got me through a real tough time in my life.

I remember all those tidbits. God she's out of her flipping mind. The thing that provoked me the most was her sad birthday celebration for, I think it was Boy #2. She described in great detail the used, flea market toys she had got--a truck, some kind of puzzle thing that he didn't like, and one more thing. And I think she paid about $2 for the whole kit and kaboodle, and was so damn proud.

I believe in not going overboard on toys for kids, and I know my two have enjoyed castoff stuff from cousins and friends over the years. But a birthday is special, particularly for little kids. It made me sad to think of that little boy and the used junk his mom was all orgasmic over.

What I want to know is: are they truly living at her parents', or was that a temporary thing for her and the boys and the whole family is now living together n some sty? Because if they are at her parents', and her parents suffer the vile living conditions we see in that picture and allow that little newborn to wear something that is going to give him a rash, then they are as stark raving mad as she is.

I forget why we thought they might be living at her parents house. Was it somehow alluded to on Dna's facebook? I really really hope that now that Emily is no longer religious she will stop having kids. Unfortunately, she always seemed like someone who used religion to justify doing what she already wanted to do anyways.

The girl clothes-IIRC she actually had an entire wardrobe for a girl stored in rubbermaid totes that she kept in case she had a girl in the furture. When she posted pics of that shithole apartment stuffed with too much stuff she tried to say they had a normal amount of things it just loooked like a lot because they lived in a small place. No Emily, you were a hoarder with too much crap

I forget why we thought they might be living at her parents house. Was it somehow alluded to on Dna's facebook? I really really hope that now that Emily is no longer religious she will stop having kids. Unfortunately, she always seemed like someone who used religion to justify doing what she already wanted to do anyways.

I dunno how we knew that. I think that someone who was a friend of Dna's on FB found it out. IIRC, we figured she was there after breaking up with Dna.

Maybe Em is desperate for a girl, so she'll just keep going until she gets one? Emily Jr., someone for her to mold into an exact duplicate of her over-controlling personality? Emily Jr., completely uneducated, neglected, and happy with her poverty. That'll really teach grandma!

Oh the epic PB thread! Did you know that reusable ice packs were EXPENSIVE!!!!!!! and didn't last but 2 or 3 times!!!!!!!!

I still think of that some mornings as I toss the ice pack that cost a whopping $1.50 five years ago in my daughter's lunch bag.

That's the difference though. Real noodles have an egg in them. Flour and water with no egg is like paste (or paper mache goop).

You can make pasta from flour and water, but you have to throw it into boiling water. Being that her instructions said to put it in the crockpot with water and turn it on....

She bought a day old cake for her sons birthday because it wasn't an "oven day". She baked almost everything, including bread, in the crock pot.

she's having kids until she gets that girl....I just hope that they're at a parent's house and not still eating paper mache out of a crockpot.

she tried to make noodles in a crockpot?? thats not gonna turn out too well.

weird weird people. reveling in living a life of being destitute. it almost reminds me of that lentils and rice blog, but her kids were clean/happy and had toys and room to play and stuff. but she was just weird about getting rid of EVERYTHING.

noodles can be made just fine without eggs. But it does take the right flour.

Archived