Deleted04

Is she no longer a Christian? I haven't kept up...

I'm wondering, though, if she holds quiverfull beliefs for whatever reason and just picked up on a religious path that supported them rather than the other way around.

Does anyone remember ConfusedJezebel who used to post on the old board? She was another one who was questioning her beliefs, but she absolutely refused to rethink her refusal to use birth control, even though she seemed overwhelmed and they were quite strapped financially.

I really don't understand it.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone remember ConfusedJezebel who used to post on the old board? She was another one who was questioning her beliefs, but she absolutely refused to rethink her refusal to use birth control, even though she seemed overwhelmed and they were quite strapped financially.

I really don't understand it.

I remember her...and Elle (?) her defender. Confused Jezebel's kids were one PB & J sandwich away from starvation, but she was still cranking out babeezz for jezus w/ no end in sight.

Last I heard, she was questioning her religious beliefs. She has a blog.

How on earth can these two afford five children? Do they still live in that tiny apartment? I know Em said they could fit 13 children there, but these small boys will grow. They are not going to fit. If she is no longer a Christian, why is she still having one child after another? There would be no Biblical teaching for that if she does not believe now. Does anyone know what Dna does now that he is no longer a student? Emily's blog must be bringing in enough to support all of them. At least the older child does not look starved and the baby is properly round. Poor kids.

Maybe her conversion came after she conceived this one? Or maybe during the time after baby 4 was born and working on baby 5 she was questioning her beliefs, but wasn't ready to buy bc yet. I mean, baby 4 was born in 12/2010, and this one in 1/2012 which makes them 14 months apart. That gives her around 4 months between pregnancies. I guess we'll see in a year or so whether baby 6 ever appears!

As for the poverty, as a 27 year old (Emily and I have birthdays a week apart), I can barely feed myself, let alone five children and a spouse. If Dan works at walmart still, it's possible Emily has convinced him they need to step up their game and feed their children better and such, but after the past five/six years of digging the hole as deep as they've dug it, they can't get out very quickly. I certainly cannot imagine being able to change that sort of a problem in even a year or two, just because I now identified it as wrong.

Oh my god, I have never felt as horrible and disgusted looking at pictures of beautiful children before.

The older boy's haircut. The baby in gross clothes far too big for him. The nasty walls, indicating the Pierces still live in a hovel. The crap behind the kid in the closet. The knowledge that this latest boy was born to a mother who blogged all day and posted a picture of her child as he was slipping into a coma. To a mother who starved her kids and her husband all while looking nicely plump herself (and if anyone tries to turn this into a fat bash, please know this is only an insult to you if you are plump AND starve your spouse and small children on the basis of some household economy).

I can't even equivocate a bit. Knowing those two have another baby and still live the way they used to is sickening.

Don't these people understand the quickness way out of poverty is by only have as many children as you can afford. DNA works at Walmart, makes about $8 per hr, no health insurance, how in the hell can they afford all those kids?

Emily doesn't want a way out of poverty. She wears it like a badge of honour.

These people make me sick. Just because you can make a baby doesn't mean you should have one. I hope she was reported to CPS for the disgusting conditions the family lived in (yes, everyone sleeping in one dirty-ass bed and having 4 oz of food a day is despicable). She is having kids because she believes she's entitled to be a mom and have all these glorious babies. I see a filthy home and kids who don't look adequately cared for. There is nothing glorious for God here.

how in the hell can they afford all those kids?

They barely feed them, dress the out of dumpsters (apparently), and only take them to the doctor when they've been in comas...for a few days. :( :( :( :( :(

Didn't she keep the apartment at like 55 degrees, even though they had free heat in their rent? They're in MAINE. I really, really hope the new hovel is at least 65-70 with that fragile little infant. I'm just afraid Em will put him in the crockpot to stay warm, while everybody else slips into starvation comas.

I remember her...and Elle (?) her defender. Confused Jezebel's kids were one PB & J sandwich away from starvation, but she was still cranking out babeezz for jezus w/ no end in sight.

Last I heard, she was questioning her religious beliefs. She has a blog.

I see what you did there, linking CJ and peanut butter. Tricky. Is she still blogging and do you have the address.

I think the older kid actually looks pretty good. But who on earth holds a baby up in the air like that and then whips out a camera? Only Emily... She was also the one who brought me to FJ although I didn't de-lurk until almost a year later.

Maybe her conversion came after she conceived this one? Or maybe during the time after baby 4 was born and working on baby 5 she was questioning her beliefs, but wasn't ready to buy bc yet. I mean, baby 4 was born in 12/2010, and this one in 1/2012 which makes them 14 months apart. That gives her around 4 months between pregnancies. I guess we'll see in a year or so whether baby 6 ever appears!

I posted in the Remember Emily and Dna thread that she had posted a reply on that hub blog 16 months ago that she 'believed in God, but was more polytheist than anything.' I think she also posted another reply to someone about how she was glad to be out of the oppression of religion.

I think she may hold QF beliefs without the Jesus. I have known of some crunchy and hippie type families who also have kid after kid when they can barely afford it.

I see what you did there, linking CJ and peanut butter. Tricky. Is she still blogging and do you have the address.

I think the older kid actually looks pretty good. But who on earth holds a baby up in the air like that and then whips out a camera? Only Emily... She was also the one who brought me to FJ although I didn't de-lurk until almost a year later.

I lol'ed too at CJ and peanut butter. You could also say one chocolate easter egg if you were so inclined.

Oh my god, I have never felt as horrible and disgusted looking at pictures of beautiful children before.

The older boy's haircut. The baby in gross clothes far too big for him. The nasty walls, indicating the Pierces still live in a hovel. The crap behind the kid in the closet. The knowledge that this latest boy was born to a mother who blogged all day and posted a picture of her child as he was slipping into a coma. To a mother who starved her kids and her husband all while looking nicely plump herself (and if anyone tries to turn this into a fat bash, please know this is only an insult to you if you are plump AND starve your spouse and small children on the basis of some household economy).

I can't even equivocate a bit. Knowing those two have another baby and still live the way they used to is sickening.

It's not even like she's not an intelligent person - she isn't doing it all out of ignorance of a better way, or even because she was brainwashed into it like many fundie women. She doesn't even have the excuse that she's following some doctrine anymore. This is just pure, willfull mistreatment of her children and husband. It is her intention to live in a hovel and barely feed her small children.

I think her older son's haircut looks worse because his hair is dull - no doubt because he's living in a house where tube meat, flour and water is considered a hearty meal.

Just looking at the clothes that the newborn is in made me cringe. The blue sleeper looks old, dirty and scratchy - if I had to put that on my baby, the softer cotton one would be underneath it. Actually, I was given many old Snugabye sleepers like that when I was pregnant with my kids, and they abound at Goodwill stores because they are made of polyester that has a soft outside and is rough inside, and once they've been though a couple of kids they get really pilled and scratchy and are only really good for doll clothes. At the risk of sounding ungrateful, I never used the ones I was given for that reason; I am not well off, and could only afford second hand stuff, but fortunately a newborn only needs about 5 soft onesies, 5 cotton pyjama sets, and a warm blanket anyway, so I made do without them. Again, there's a better way to do things, a way that would make her child(ren)'s life better/happier, and Emily wants to stick her head up her ass and tell herself she's a good mom. Those poor babies... the whole thing makes me sick. :cry:

I lol'ed too at CJ and peanut butter. You could also say one chocolate easter egg if you were so inclined.

CJ and peanut butter will forever be linked in my mind :lol:

americannaussie.katyannewilson.com

What was the dogs name? You know, the one that hung above the toilet. Tell me I'm not the only one that remembers that.

Emily was my gateway fundie. Somehow I found FJ through her. From there it was a slippery slope to snarking :lol:

Yeah, Dan went from being a little on the pudgy side and with normal teeth to skin-and-bones with disgusting yellow teeth with black at the roots.

Do you think it possible he might have scurvy?

Greetings - Emily, Dna and their assorted filth have made me come out of lurkdom. Hello everyone :mrgreen:

I have seen better, and cleaner, living conditions in prison cells and submarines, with definitely more privacy. The older boy looks colourless, I wonder what his iron and vitamin levels are.

What was the dogs name? You know, the one that hung above the toilet.

(sorry, haven't figured out how to quote yet)

His official name was Brad, I just call him poop-spray-trap. Nothing like a stuffed plushie in the bathroom to nicely absorb any baceria that happen to escape from the toilet.

I think this is one case where Emily is just a baby hoarder. No matter what religion she converts to, she'll continue having as many babies as possible. It has nothing to do with beliefs; she just wants to have a lot of them.

I think this is one case where Emily is just a baby hoarder. No matter what religion she converts to, she'll continue having as many babies as possible. It has nothing to do with beliefs; she just wants to have a lot of them.

Agreed.

I do wonder if she's trying fr a girl though, or if a girl will be treated differently.

Gosh. I could feed and clothe a baby better, and I think it's an irresponsible time for me to have a baby! That poor, poor baby.

Just the small part of that house looks disgusting, I can only imagine what the rest of the house must look like, hell or even smell like. eeeewww. I wonder about people like this, do they have ton of kids for attention or do you think maybe they want to be famous like the Duggars. All I know is someone needs to start slipping her some birth control.

Archived