Deleted04

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are Emily and Dan both still pretty young? I think I remember reading on her old blog that she married at 20. So now, they're about 27-28 and already have 5 kids? I guess they'll have at least a dozen before they're finished. Let's hope that they aren't still living in an efficiency apt., last I recall, weren't they living with her parents in their home?

I'm pretty sure they are still together. Emily's last name is still Pierce and they are still friends on facebook.

On her FB, she lists "Kids" and "And hanging out with Dan" as her activities and interests.

Is that Emily's cheese-making dress hanging in the closet?

OMG, I think it is! Save that, this post makes me really, really sad.

That's not really a safe way to hold a newborn either (in the second picture). The baby is held with one hand, up in the air, without supporting the neck/head.

But congratulations to them.

Most babies that are only 4 days old like to be swaddled as it makes them feel secure and has the extra bonus of keeping them warm. If it is possible for a newborn to look miserable, that baby does.

When my son was a toddler, I used to put two sleepers on him at night because he wouldn't keep a blanket on, but I always put the softer, thinner sleeper next to his skin.

Those pictures make me sad.

Their house looks filthy. And that poor baby in that scratchy, worn sleeper.

Are they Messianic now? It looks like the older boy has the beginnings of peyes. Or maybe it is just a really bad hair cut.

Child holding baby looks like he needs sunshine and vitamins.

Is that Emily's cheese-making dress hanging in the closet?

That's the first thing I thought when I saw that closet.

The bedding looks dirty as well.

How are they going to afford to feed and house five teenage boys?

I'm going to take mine and their friends to an all you can eat buffet in a couple of hours. Teenage boys as well as girls can eat. Omg, can they ever eat.

Who are these people? Are they poor? The baby's clothes are pilled.

Emily & Dan of the "Under $1000 Per Month" blog. Starved her husband and kid to save pennies, washed clothes and cloth diapers in the tub with the kids helping because it was "fun", hung shelves using strips of t-shirt material right over the crib, contemplating housing 13 kids in a 500 square foot apartment, including bunk beds over the fridge.

These are people who revelled in their "poorness". I'm not going to fault them for being messy (I am not poor but my bedroom closet looks about the same - minus the cheese dress) , but given their history I will fault them for the yucky walls and the likelihood that hygiene in that household is not the best (unless they are with parents who aren't as insane).

Emily & Dan of the "Under $1000 Per Month" blog. Starved her husband and kid to save pennies, washed clothes and cloth diapers in the tub with the kids helping because it was "fun", hung shelves using strips of t-shirt material right over the crib, contemplating housing 13 kids in a 500 square foot apartment, including bunk beds over the fridge.

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, Dan went from being a little on the pudgy side and with normal teeth to skin-and-bones with disgusting yellow teeth with black at the roots.

Does anyone else think his FB picture makes him look like a holocaust survivor? The close-shaved head and gaunt appearance are just so unsettling.

That picture is unsettling and what is even more unsettling is that is what he pickd for a profile picture. Usually people pick pictures that are the most flattering for the profile pic. Was that the best one he has?

How on earth can these two afford five children? Do they still live in that tiny apartment? I know Em said they could fit 13 children there, but these small boys will grow. They are not going to fit. If she is no longer a Christian, why is she still having one child after another? There would be no Biblical teaching for that if she does not believe now. Does anyone know what Dna does now that he is no longer a student? Emily's blog must be bringing in enough to support all of them. At least the older child does not look starved and the baby is properly round. Poor kids.

Another kid? :shock: Good grief. OP, how did you get these pictures? Are you Facebook friends with Dna?

The wall behind the kids in the first pic looks all gross and dirty. Yuck.

yes

Geez. How old is their oldest, just to get an idea of how fast they're crankin' em out? I'm guessing, since this is their fifth child, that their oldest is six, max.

This takes me back. Emily and co. were all the rage when I joined here. I guess it's good that they're at least living somewhere better, as far as we know.

How on earth can these two afford five children? Do they still live in that tiny apartment? I know Em said they could fit 13 children there, but these small boys will grow. They are not going to fit. If she is no longer a Christian, why is she still having one child after another? There would be no Biblical teaching for that if she does not believe now. Does anyone know what Dna does now that he is no longer a student? Emily's blog must be bringing in enough to support all of them. At least the older child does not look starved and the baby is properly round. Poor kids.

Is she no longer a Christian? I haven't kept up...

I'm wondering, though, if she holds quiverfull beliefs for whatever reason and just picked up on a religious path that supported them rather than the other way around.

Whenever I read Emily's writing or view her pictures, the word "squalor" comes to mind. She could do so much better, but her children are living in filth and poverty with none of the advantages that even the poorest Americans enjoy. This should be illegal. I know it is not, but it should be.

If she would put her kids in government-funded school/preschool, they would be getting an education from someone who can spell (hopefully) as well as two hot meals a day. And then she would have time to scrub down her walls maybe. I am sure her parents would be happy to buy the kids some decent clothing. Food stamps, WIC, HUD, Medicaid--all these programs exist to keep children out of these types of living conditions. It is chosen squalor, and it is appalling.

Geez. How old is their oldest, just to get an idea of how fast they're crankin' em out? I'm guessing, since this is their fifth child, that their oldest is six, max.

This takes me back. Emily and co. were all the rage when I joined here. I guess it's good that they're at least living somewhere better, as far as we know.

I remember the third (Thomas?) was born a couple months after my son... I think in November 2009?

I think she has basically had a baby a year. She had Edmund at the end of 2010, so this baby is just over a year younger than Edmund.

Archived