IGNORED

Morton Baby Girl

wallfly

I would assume this means Rachel Morton in having a girl. I hope she has a safe delivery after her sad second trimester loss. She has 2 boys so a girl is a bonus.

wesleaandcompanydotblogspot.com

I know, I know, I know, the Sanders/Mortons/Smiths are the insidious types of fundies and we have this discussion every time, but I can't help but be glad for Rachel that she's having a girl, and seemingly having a successful pregnancy. Rachel and Wes are still very young, and were more or less raised in fundiedom; I still hold out hope that they'll loosen their grips on the Kool-Aid.

EDIT: Whoops, that's what I get for starting to write a topic and walking away. Merge please.

I know, I know, I know, the Sanders/Mortons/Smiths are the insidious types of fundies and we have this discussion every time, but I can't help but be glad for Rachel that she's having a girl, and seemingly having a successful pregnancy. Rachel and Wes are still very young, and were more or less raised in fundiedom; I still hold out hope that they'll loosen their grips on the Kool-Aid.

EDIT: Whoops, that's what I get for starting to write a topic and walking away. Merge please.

Seconded. All of it. Loss is painful, and I wish it on no one.

Also, I put money on Darthy being pregnant again already.

Seconded. All of it. Loss is painful, and I wish it on no one.

Also, I put money on Darthy being pregnant again already.

Yep, me too!!

It is quite hard to keep up with all that "missing" fundie pregnancies. May be we should make a list or something ;-)

it is also time for Kressant and Katie to be preggers again. And since Bethany is going to marry this saturday I'll bet she has her first one before christmas. They are really breeding like rabbits and there are already so many of them -.-

The last set of pictures they posted do make Darthy look pregnant! I actually did a double take. How old is Enoch now, six months?

I'm glad Rachel is having a girl, I hope her pregnancy continues to be healthy.

Yep, me too!!

It is quite hard to keep up with all that "missing" fundie pregnancies. May be we should make a list or something ;-)

it is also time for Kressant and Katie to be preggers again. And since Bethany is going to marry this saturday I'll bet she has her first one before christmas. They are really breeding like rabbits and there are already so many of them -.-

Katie just gave birth in October, Darthy in August, but Kressant was clear back in April. Mama Smith only had 4 though, so it wouldn't be too surprising if the Smith girls don't have as many as the Morton girls.

Kressant's face looked pretty round in the latest pictures I saw of her (Morton blog, I think), but I wouldn't be surprised if Darth were pregnant too - she and Noah looked super-cozy in most of the pics from the last month or two.

And let's not forget Lise has to prove her worth to these people!

Kressant's face looked pretty round in the latest pictures I saw of her (Morton blog, I think), but I wouldn't be surprised if Darth were pregnant too - she and Noah looked super-cozy in most of the pics from the last month or two.

And let's not forget Lise has to prove her worth to these people!

Poor Lise, her age is going to hurt in this particular family competition. On a slightly connected note, I was surprised to see her playing volleyball with all the boys (and spunky Mama Sanders). She's certainly not as prissy as all the "cheerleaders" or other women in that clan.

Poor Lise, her age is going to hurt in this particular family competition. On a slightly connected note, I was surprised to see her playing volleyball with all the boys (and spunky Mama Sanders). She's certainly not as prissy as all the "cheerleaders" or other women in that clan.

I'm pretty sure I found an article somewhere that listed Prentiss, Lise's sister, as playing women's volleyball for Bob Jones. Maybe Lise did too - or at the very least, it isn't something shied away from in their family.

I can't wait till the baby is born and we get one of these:

"Our wittle fuffy bunny was born on 8-26-12 with her wittle fuffy bunbun cheekies I just want to cuddle her wittle fuffy bunbun nosey. Aren't kids so glorious this wittle fuffy bunbun is all ours from God."

Addie always goes all Romper Room when a new baby comes around.

I absolutely love the little dress Rachel posted on her blog.

Yeah, it's beautiful!

Kress has gained "allot" of weight in the last few years, so her face always looks pretty round, pregnant or not. But I wouldn't be surprised if she is.

I know it's wrong, but I will be disappointed if Katie doesn't have a baby this year. She's had one every year since 2007. I know the streak will have to be broken eventually, though.

It won't be long before there are 4-6 new S'morton babies a year, every year. :shock:

I'm pretty sure I found an article somewhere that listed Prentiss, Lise's sister, as playing women's volleyball for Bob Jones. Maybe Lise did too - or at the very least, it isn't something shied away from in their family.

Volleyball uniforms are very defrauding. What do Bob Jones University players wear? :oops:

...On a slightly connected note, I was surprised to see her playing volleyball with all the boys (and spunky Mama Sanders).

Speaking of spunky Mama Sanders... She's the lady I wonder about the most. She is so totally different from the Morton Clan women or other patriarchy women in general. She seems to have a great sense of humour, she loves to joke and have fun and make funny faces, she seems to have her spirits unbroken and probably has some own thoughts, too. She also wears jeans and shorts quite often (as do some of her daughters). All in all, she seems like a totally fun person to be around with. And STILL, she is part of the VF shit, attending conferences, believing in courtship (Noah), living under all the patriarchy shit, and being dear friends with all the extremist families (Mortons, Smiths, Campanas etc.).

What is up with her?!? :think:

Speaking of spunky Mama Sanders... She's the lady I wonder about the most. She is so totally different from the Morton Clan women or other patriarchy women in general. She seems to have a great sense of humour, she loves to joke and have fun and make funny faces, she seems to have her spirits unbroken and probably has some own thoughts, too. She also wears jeans and shorts quite often (as do some of her daughters). All in all, she seems like a totally fun person to be around with. And STILL, she is part of the VF shit, attending conferences, believing in courtship (Noah), living under all the patriarchy shit, and being dear friends with all the extremist families (Mortons, Smiths, Campanas etc.).

What is up with her?!? :think:

From what I gathered from old blog post, I think she's 2nd gen and was raised in a fundie/maybe fundie-lite type family. I'm guessing she's more comfortable in her beliefs (and I have no doubt she believes in the same horrid crap as the rest) than all the converts who seemed to go to the extreme (think the S'morton frumpers) before mellowing back out. Not to mention her family has been described by LL as very warm and loving, so maybe not as much pressure to out-Holy everyone else. It's funny though, her girls seem more fundie than her.

The thing that I don't get about the Sanders is, there's also very little Daddy-worshipping going on (as compared to the Mortons, say, and I'm sure Papa Smith also wishes his children would publicly fawn over him more). Don't get me wrong, I don't think they should be, it's just that neither one of the parents really seems to fit the VF "mold." However, the children are proof that they DO fit, at least somewhat. Maybe it's just that they're not power-tripping on top of their extreme beliefs. However, I wonder how well that will work in the long run for the girls, because they've still been raised to want marriage and babies and only that... and if the parents aren't actively trying to ensure their genes are carried down, will the girls miss out? LL met her husband in college - I would love to see one or more of the other Sanders children go to college.

Noah is proof that they are going to follow courtship/allow intermarrying with more hardcore fundies so as much as I think Abbi should go take photography classes I doubt they would really encourage it. I expect the girls will intermarry into the same couple families that they church with. LL has a different mom, and graduated from public school which is the biggest difference from the homeschooling younger Sanders.

Yes, agreed, but that still doesn't really answer the question of Why. And they may intermarry with the Roberts or some similar family (I've been thinking they would for some time), but there are a *lot* of girls their age in their social circle, and not as many guys, it seems.

They're scattered throughout the Morton blog, because they evidently went through the frumper stage before they started keeping a blog. But here's one: mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/2010/09/sometimes-when-you-organize-your.html

LL is Pa Sanders' older daughter, a half-sibling to the other Sanders kids. She has her own blog, vitafamiliae.com (Did that ping you, LL?)

Can somebody post a link to the Morton frumpers?? I'd love to see those..

And who is LL??

This is the first example I could find. mortonclan.blogspot.com/2005/12/at-davis.html

LL is the older half sister of the Sanders' kids, from a previous relationship of Mr.Sanders (I haven't seen anything talking about it other than LL's blog post about not feeling like a step-anything.) Divorce and remarriage are not particularly accepted amongst this crowd so my assumption has always been that they may or may not have actually been married.

Archived