IGNORED

Voddie Baucham

nolongerIFBx

I'm 100% sure it's the same Voddie. (Two Voddies! :? The mind reels.)

There has been speculation - or possibly factual statements, I CRS this morning - that Voddie and Doug have an on-again-off-again alliance. I get the impression - through my very informal surveys of dominionist activities - that Voddie's alliance with Geoff Botkin is far more solid.

Very interesting that VB is in Ron Paul's corner, anyway. I know ex-Catholic atheists who adore Ron Paul. Politics, bedfellows, strange!!!!!! :shock:

I saw this on Facebook this morning from a huge RP supporter but someone who is def. not fundie. I was going to post back something like this:

I like Ron Paul but Voddie Baucham not so much, at least, not the crowd he runs with. I'd hesitate to repost anything he says true or not. Still, pleased to see Vision Forum spokesperson behind Ron Paul rather than Santorum as the ATI folks (Duggars and Bates) are. Still, both actively participate in the patriarchal subjugation of women in the name of Christianity and so they just piss me off.

but then after checking out the website thought I should check my facts with the experts. Voddie is not a name I'd seen anywhere else but I couldn't imagine that there wasn't something on his site promoting VF. But like I said, my knowledge of VF and related peoples is limited to this forum.

In previous elections, Dougie (and therefore VF) have made it clear the preferred candidate is whoever the Constitution Party is running. Dougie's dad founded the party years ago but I don't know if he's involved in it any more.

Yeah, that's the same Voddie!

In my view Voddie is one of the most "dangerous" out of all the pro-patriarchy pastors, because he seems like a friendly, regular guy with whom you can watch the Superbowl with...He doesn't look "asshole-ish" like the Bayly bros, Driskoll or weird like Doug. But underneath that veneer is the same bullshyte of wives under their hubby's leadership, no girls to College (sad for his daughter Jasmine, who seems to have a brain that is severly under-used), etc...

I wonder how many people join that mouvement through Voddie, people who would've never have been caught listening to a Dougie sermon but thought that "that smiling black preacher" was so cool? And I really hate the way that Voddie talks about wanting to discipline little toddlers who are shy when meeting him...

I completely agree with you. What's worse is that he's got a sense of "verifiable" intellectual superiority (in his narrow mind, at least) that the others apparently lack.

I did a bit of a background check on Voddie a while ago and I think his post-graduate study at Regents Park College, University of Oxford really cemented his smugness. Words cannot describe the lunacy that underlies everything this man says and does.

In my view Voddie is one of the most "dangerous" out of all the pro-patriarchy pastors, because he seems like a friendly, regular guy with whom you can watch the Superbowl with...He doesn't look "asshole-ish" like the Bayly bros, Driskoll or weird like Doug. But underneath that veneer is the same bullshyte of wives under their hubby's leadership, no girls to College (sad for his daughter Jasmine, who seems to have a brain that is severly under-used), etc...

I wonder how many people join that mouvement through Voddie, people who would've never have been caught listening to a Dougie sermon but thought that "that smiling black preacher" was so cool? And I really hate the way that Voddie talks about wanting to discipline little toddlers who are shy when meeting him...

Woah. Link please?

Woah. Link please?

If your child does not greet Voddie in a way he finds fitting, he will stand there till you make your child do it or he will 'discipline' your kid for you.

Yeah, I'd rip his arm off if he tried with my kid.

In a sermon I heard, he talks about teaching a child to properly greet adults....and if they don't? Drag them away, WEAR THEIR ASSES OUT, drag them back and make them do it. Repeat till mission is accomplished.

Yup, he sure treats kids as blessings and teaches his flock of sheep to do the same!

I'll try to find the link...I read that on a FJ member's blog, actually.

I'll post the link as soon as I find it.

Woah. Link please?

here you go: http://undermuchgrace.blogspot.com/2011 ... nding.html

That is from a great blog that a FJ member writes on, tons of info re: biblical patriarchy and its harms on it btw...

Read the whole thing and you'll see a quote by Voddie re: him disciplining shy toddlers who don't "respectfully submit" (barf) to him within 10 seconds of meeting! There is also a link to a sermon by Voddie on that theme (I haven't listened to that sermon I must admit).

If he ever did this to any child in my presence, I'd have an abuse call into 911 so fast it would deflate his swelled head.

If he ever did this to any child in my presence, I'd have an abuse call into 911 so fast it would deflate his swelled head.

Ditto!

I wonder if it ever happened (Voddie spanking one of his parishionner's child)? If it did I hope that the parent either a) called 911 on Voddie or b) gave him a nice black-eye. Sadly I have a feeling that if it did happen that both option A or B weren't the parent's answer; they most likely shrugged it off as a "Pastor knows best" thing.

I have tons of names that I'd like to call Voddie and whichever parents that permit this. :cry:

And there is nothing cuter to me than a little shy toddler. Adorable.

Ditto!

I wonder if it ever happened (Voddie spanking one of his parishionner's child)? If it did I hope that the parent either a) called 911 on Voddie or b) gave him a nice black-eye. Sadly I have a feeling that if it did happen that both option A or B weren't the parent's answer; they most likely shrugged it off as a "Pastor knows best" thing.

I have tons of names that I'd like to call Voddie and whichever parents that permit this. :cry:

And there is nothing cuter to me than a little shy toddler. Adorable.

I would be sitting in jail if that happend in front of me. Wouldn't matter if the child was mine of even if I knew the child. :snooty: I know where to hide the body thank you very much.

Fucking sick bastards.

If your child does not greet Voddie in a way he finds fitting, he will stand there till you make your child do it or he will 'discipline' your kid for you.

Yeah, I'd rip his arm off if he tried with my kid.

In a sermon I heard, he talks about teaching a child to properly greet adults....and if they don't? Drag them away, WEAR THEIR ASSES OUT, drag them back and make them do it. Repeat till mission is accomplished.

Yup, he sure treats kids as blessings and teaches his flock of sheep to do the same!

This is why I feel that the adoption agency that allowed him to have those kids should be investigated! Any agency that can easily google evidence (in this case a sermon that was recorded) of someone's explicit intent to wrongfully physically discipline a child over something so trivial does not need to be in the business of placing children with families :!: Voddie Baucham is a big bully--simply put. A man his size (at least 6 ft tall and over 300 pounds) has no business laying hands on anyone, let alone a toddler or child!

Yeah, I'd taser his ass if he ever tried to do that to a child in my presence.

I as a toddler was so shy that I would stand under my mother's dresses making it look like she had an extra pair of tiny legs. People would try to draw me out from under there and my mother would ask them to stop talking to her bottom and leave me alone. So if Voddie wanted beat me for not greeting him he would have had to reach under my mother's skirts to grab me and she would have ripped his arm off before he could of touched me. If he had told her what he wanted to do she would have ripped off his other arm to beat him with it.

I had one son as shy as I was and I had to learn to walk with a toddler under my skirts. I would have loved to have had the chance to Voddie try that with my kid. :twisted: I'm feeling the peri-menopausal rage today but back then the pregnancy rage wasn't much different. Either way I would aand still want to kick his ass. Boy, this thread has me in a fighting bad mood. :evil:

Is he the black minister that is sometimes on Dr. Phil?

Several years ago I watched a newsmagazine type show, such as 20/20 or Dateline, on the subject of shyness. My recall from that show is that scientists have learned that shyness is genetic. It is not disobeying God or the parents. A shy child is not just ignoring a parent's instuction to greet someone; he or she is overwhelmed with shyness at the thought. I was a shy child and hated to be away from my mother, or to be forced to talk to people I did not know well. It was torture for me and I was so embarrassed when people commented on my shyness. It took me a long time to get to know someone and feel at ease. I am not that way now, but I still don't really like meeting people and am very uncomfortable in large groups. I can just imagine some poor shy two year old who is completely clueless about what he or she is "doing wrong" being absolutely bewildered by Voddie's discipline.

In all honesty, who really cares whether shyness is genetic or an acquired characteristic? Let children be children... not everyone needs to have perfectly matured social skills or acquiesce to "keeping sweet" if they're four-years-old. Why can't he at least give them a few years before he starts beating them over the head with his brand of craziness?

Archived