IGNORED

Do the Duggars vaccinate?

Blonde not dumb

Not to disagree with the "Jim Bob is an idiot" assertions, because I think they're generally true, but it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for even a reasonably smart person to hear/read/whatever "chicken pox causes shingles" and somehow misremember it as being "chicken pox prevents singles." Everybody gets things backwards now and again.

IIRC, they addressed this briefly in their latest book and the message was that they do vaccinate on schedule. I think it was in the context of one of the older girls being afraid of needles and shots.

My sister was a 23-weeker, a week younger than Josie gestationally at birth. All of her vaccinations were delayed on advice of the neonatologist and pediatrician. They wanted her to receive them at her adjusted age,dependent on health at the time, and not how chronologically old she was. So even though she was 5 months old when she was released from the hospital, at approximately her due date, she had never received any vaccinations. It may be the same with Josie.

My coworker has a premie and they do her vaccinations off her due date not birthday. I would assume that is the norm.

Not to disagree with the "Jim Bob is an idiot" assertions, because I think they're generally true, but it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for even a reasonably smart person to hear/read/whatever "chicken pox causes shingles" and somehow misremember it as being "chicken pox prevents singles." Everybody gets things backwards now and again.

Certainly true...but he didn't have to say anything about shingles at all. If he doesn't know what he's talking about, which happens frequently, he could just keep his mouth shut. I found it more annoying that TLC didn't provide some sort of counter to that, pointing out the fact that Boob was actually wrong.

It wasn't only what he said, but how he said it. It was arrogant, smug, and you could tell he just pulled the info out of his ass to make himself look good. Not to mention, there are now going to be at least 19 kids and a whole bunch of Dugger-loving dumb assess that are going to believe this as true since Jim-boob is believed to be the be-all end-all of wisdom to them. I've tried to find a clip of it, but have been unsuccessful. It was probably for the best that I didn't as I would have probably thrown my laptop across the room.

I don't know, they strike me as the type of fundies who would vaccinate. They seem more sensible than most when it comes to medical care--see them encouraging Josh and Anna to have their first baby in a hospital.

It also looks like you have to be vaccinated for yellow fever to go to El Salvador, and I'm sure other vaccines are recommended. I wonder what they did for that.

They seem to be pretty reasonable with medical care. The kids have braces, they eat processed crap a la tater tot caserole etc. I would guess that they have all their shots.

And I couldnt get to my Dr. fast enough to get the gardisil vaccine when it was available... I know...

Certainly true...but he didn't have to say anything about shingles at all. If he doesn't know what he's talking about, which happens frequently, he could just keep his mouth shut. I found it more annoying that TLC didn't provide some sort of counter to that, pointing out the fact that Boob was actually wrong.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt, right?

This. It seems like they could have used one of their popups for good and taken a break from telling us that the Duggars pack 500 pairs of underwear. :doh:

Archived