IGNORED

Duggars: Does campaigning mean the show is done?

3 is enough

I know this was addressed on another thread but the pic of J'Kids holding campaign signs makes me uneasy. It's good to take kids on protests and political events and explain those things to them, don't get me wrong. But I don't like making kids be really visible for complex issues. It should be tailored to a kid's understanding and I really doubt that at that age a kid can say in any detail why they favoured a candidate other than "Mummy and Daddy told me he was a good person."

If it's a campaign to, say, save swimming pool in your area, it's quite likely even very young kids could grasp the basic issues there and want to get involved. Like swimming at the pool with friends, they are going to break it all up and put flats there, I want to keep the pool. But putting these poor wee buggers on a campaign trail is all about the adorability, not because they actually get anything but "Mummy and Daddy told me to."

I don't remember the details, but I thought they did campaign pretty publicly for Huckabee?

Yes, they did, but the 2008 GOP race was settled fairly quickly and TLC didn't show any footage of the Duggars on the campaign trail. Later that season, there was a shot of Josh's car with a McCain-Palin bumper sticker, but that was about it.

The fact that the show is in limbo (as per some TV guru website that someone posted a month or so ago) might mean that they plan to cancel but that they have plans to continue. If it was dead and over, why would they not just announce that as such?

What if one or the other of them (Santorum or JB/J'chelle) approached the other with the idea, and the show didn't want to be political? The hiatus may have been arranged all around the campaign in advance. Just because they didn't stump for Huckabee doesn't mean that they didn't want to do it. Where was J'chelle baby wise when Huckabee was running? And maybe they didn't like him because he was seen playing his electric guitar which could only be evil?

(And maybe she needed to get out of the house and away from the madness for awhile. Granted, it's still madness to take that many kids on the road, but it's a different kind of madness.)

I hope that if Jim Bob and Joshie go into politics, that people have saved all the screen shots of the stupid stuff Joshie has written and send it to the people they are running against. Jim Bob would either have to defend his son bashing Catholics, special needs students, SC public school students, and making racist statements or throw him under the bus and admit he raised an idiot. Neither will reflect well on Jim Bob. Joshie has pretty much ruined any chances he has had with politics.

Archived