IGNORED

Ok FJ'ers weigh in! Catholics vs Christians

FJismyheadship

If you like a church or place of worship, you get good out of it and feel good about going, then it's 100% your choice if you want to continue going. No FJer can make that decision for you really. :)

Agreed.

Seems like some people get tripped up on technicalities. I was raised Catholic, and the first time I encountered someone telling me that Catholics were evil people was in my early 20's. It was a guy who wanted to date me. He called while I was at church. When we next spoke and I told him where I was when I missed his call, his first words were something like, "Do you know how awful Catholics are?" I politely told him to get lost and never call me again.

I'm of no particular religion now, but I still follow the basic beliefs I learned from my parents. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers, that you do unto me. That's about it. Saves a lot of time that would be wasted worrying about which religion is better than all the rest.

I thought people were posting their weights, and wondering why this wasn't on Chatter!

I grew up uber-fundie Catholic, and my Bible just said "The Bible", the word Catholic was missing from it. As crazy-insane as our flavor of Catholicism was, we did not believe that the saints and Mary were gods, they were "intercessors", like talking to your father when you want something from your mother, as you want his influence on your mother's decision.

I don't believe this anymore, it is just what was beaten into my head for 17 years. I didn't know Catholics were not Christians until I read the Chick Tract: "The Death Cookie"

Archived