IGNORED

Miss Raquel brags about how wonderful she is.

formergothardite

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

This is supposed to be a post about how God can use people to help others, but basically it is just an excuse to talk about how wonderful she is. If it wasn't for her, bad things would happen!! ::sadface:: But if anyone has problems, you don't need a therapist of anything worldly like that, you can just drop and e-mail to God's daughter and, since she speaks for God and all, she should be able to cure you.

And really, she should have contacted an adult in his life and let them know he was on the verge of hurting himself and needed real help.

The picture is even worse. Seriously. A post about helping people and keeping someone from cutting (even if it is all YAY ME), and she illustrates it with a picture of lacy-stocking-clad knees... I mean, girls reading a book?

formergothardite, you should send her a 'problem' and post the response here!

I was thinking about doing the same. Haha. A 'problem' to do with being homosexual? Hmm...

I know precious little about the disorders that lead to cutting...

and I know that someone to be accountable to can help, regardless of disorder. (There's a friend Mr. Dawbs calls when he spirals w/ his depression, etc)

But...it sounds like she's saying tha she was the (long-term) replacement to therapy.

That fucking scares me.

No friend should have the pressure of being the long term therapy substitute. It's unhealthy for the friendship, it's risky for the mentally ill person, and it puts an undue burden (and guilt) on the person being 'of service'. But mostly, it's risky for the mentallyill person who is using this as a band-aid instead of getting the real help theyneed.

I know precious little about the disorders that lead to cutting...

and I know that someone to be accountable to can help, regardless of disorder. (There's a friend Mr. Dawbs calls when he spirals w/ his depression, etc)

But...it sounds like she's saying tha she was the (long-term) replacement to therapy.

That fucking scares me.

No friend should have the pressure of being the long term therapy substitute. It's unhealthy for the friendship, it's risky for the mentally ill person, and it puts an undue burden (and guilt) on the person being 'of service'. But mostly, it's risky for the mentallyill person who is using this as a band-aid instead of getting the real help theyneed.

Exactly. It seems like the cutting has been a problem for sometime and it is good that she was able to sit and talk with him, but her next step should have been to contact adults in his life (I'm assuming he is 16 or 17 like herself) so that they are aware and able to get him real help. A self-absorbed teen girl is no substitute for real professional help. But I really don't think she is thinking about the needs of the people she is "counseling", I think in her mind it is really all about her and how doing this makes her feel like a better person.

If anyone reading this is thinking of cutting themselves or other destructive behaviours: DO NOT email Miss Raquel. GO SEE A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL.

Okay. I will say it is a good thing to be there for a friend who needs help. Having someone you can confide in when you are in a panic or depressed can make a big difference in getting through it, but just...wow. I have a bi-polar friend and when she gets in her low moods, she calls me and we talk-sometimes we talk for hours. BUT-she saw a doctor and got on some medicines to help her too. It's important when struggling with any bad illness-be it physical, mental, emotional, etc. to have someone to talk to who is understanding-or is at least trying to be and trying to help and wants to help any way they can to get the person better. Knowing someone cares can make a difference. It won't take the problems away-just make them easier to manage. Of course, my friend talking to me in her high or low moments can help her through a bit, but I am not a substitute for therapy.

I have a lot of people who like to tell me what's going on with them. I guess because they feel comfortable talking to me and know I won't judge them. I have severe anxiety issues and have had some depression as a result so I can understand a little and I guess that's why? I'm not sure why they do, but to claim that you are such an amazing person that people want to tell you their problems and you help them and God just gave you that ability-just bullshit. You don't tell people to talk to you-when you are a person people like to talk to-they just talk without any coercion. I wouldn't trust someone like Raquel who has an ego the size of Manhattan and believes that all I need is to tell her my problem and she will send a prayer for me and that will make it all better. The worst is when people say "You just need to suck it up and get over it." I really hope she doesn't tell anyone that.

I bet Miss Raquel prayed for him and said that helped-that's all that was needed. That won't take the issue away. People don't cut themselves for the fun of it. I'm not a cutter, but I had a friend that was and she did it to feel something because in her depression she just felt "numb". She sought help and got better. That boy needs help too.

I went to the website... and.. *sniff sniff* I saw... *boohoo* A KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! An entire uncovered NEEEEEEEEEEH!

Call the Waahmbulance! I went there to soak in some brainwashing stuff and I faced a knee? You ebil harlet, you.

I will go off topic on my own thread, but her music reviews are only the tiniest bit better than her movie reviews. There were less ::squeals::.

Okay. I will say it is a good thing to be there for a friend who needs help. Having someone you can confide in when you are in a panic or depressed can make a big difference in getting through it, but just...wow. I have a bi-polar friend and when she gets in her low moods, she calls me and we talk-sometimes we talk for hours. BUT-she saw a doctor and got on some medicines to help her too. It's important when struggling with any bad illness-be it physical, mental, emotional, etc. to have someone to talk to who is understanding-or is at least trying to be and trying to help and wants to help any way they can to get the person better. Knowing someone cares can make a difference. It won't take the problems away-just make them easier to manage. Of course, my friend talking to me in her high or low moments can help her through a bit, but I am not a substitute for therapy.

I have a lot of people who like to tell me what's going on with them. I guess because they feel comfortable talking to me and know I won't judge them. I have severe anxiety issues and have had some depression as a result so I can understand a little and I guess that's why? I'm not sure why they do, but to claim that you are such an amazing person that people want to tell you their problems and you help them and God just gave you that ability-just bullshit. You don't tell people to talk to you-when you are a person people like to talk to-they just talk without any coercion. I wouldn't trust someone like Raquel who has an ego the size of Manhattan and believes that all I need is to tell her my problem and she will send a prayer for me and that will make it all better. The worst is when people say "You just need to suck it up and get over it." I really hope she doesn't tell anyone that.

I bet Miss Raquel prayed for him and said that helped-that's all that was needed. That won't take the issue away. People don't cut themselves for the fun of it. I'm not a cutter, but I had a friend that was and she did it to feel something because in her depression she just felt "numb". She sought help and got better. That boy needs help too.

Good post. I agree it is good to be there for your friends. I suffer from a mild form of bipolar disorder and several of my friends and family have been there for me which has helped. But I still feel I need help from professionals who are trained and educated on giving in depth help to people with mental health issues.

I also hope Miss Raquel doesn't tell anyone "You just to need to suck it up and get over it". But I hate to say it I can see her saying something like that. I can also see her telling someone, "Life is what you make of it.". That statement is true, but telling it to certain people dealing with a mental health issue can be bad, because some people in a crisis can't really take care of themselves well.

I will go off topic on my own thread, but her music reviews are only the tiniest bit better than her movie reviews. There were less ::squeals::.

But they come with a virtual cookie, which really evens things out for me ...

I was thinking about doing the same. Haha. A 'problem' to do with being homosexual? Hmm...

PLEASE PLEASE DO

We need an abortion, an unwanted pregnancy, a homosexual, a person who's had sex before marriage.... what else could we give her?

PLEASE PLEASE DO

We need an abortion, an unwanted pregnancy, a homosexual, a person who's had sex before marriage.... what else could we give her?

Someone who wants to marry/date someone of another faith!

All I can say for Miss Raquel, as a former cutter, is- when my friends helped me out during the bad times, they sure as hell didn't scream it all over the Internet. Nor did they make it about them. Can you imagine what this poor kid is feeling if he reads her blog? "It wasn't to help me after all, it was to make her a better person." Nobody should ever have to feel like they're part of someone's get-into-heaven rampage.

All I can say for Miss Raquel, as a former cutter, is- when my friends helped me out during the bad times, they sure as hell didn't scream it all over the Internet. Nor did they make it about them. Can you imagine what this poor kid is feeling if he reads her blog? "It wasn't to help me after all, it was to make her a better person." Nobody should ever have to feel like they're part of someone's get-into-heaven rampage.

Someone who wants to leave the faith (whether that be Christianity itself or just her branch), with a well thought out, well reasoned list of reasons why...

Do you think she has a mild form of a Narcissistic Personality disorder?

I think she does have mild NPD based on her belief that she can help anyone with any problem.

I think she does have mild NPD based on her belief that she can help anyone with any problem.

I don't think it's really that hard to help anyone with any problem, though, if you subscribe to her lifestyle. The answer will always be:

-Submit to Daddy/Husband more

-Pray more

-Trust God

-Go ask your parents

-Read your Bible

Or some combination. Heck, any of us could do that.

Heh...no shit. Besides that you can't MAKE someone stop cutting, and guilting them into stopping is even worse. Then if they do end up cutting again, the guilt piles up. Been there, done that. (Said as another former cutter.)

Archived