IGNORED

Can't Have the Womenfolk Going to College!

GenerationCedarchip

And in more bloggy goodness, we learn that college brings one a mountain of debt and secular humanism and that people shouldn't send their daughters there. Also, if you waste time in college, you won't have enough kids and just might drown under the weight of immigration. Holy trainwreck, Batman!

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/01/girls-going-to-college.html

I will give points to this blogger in one area, though - she doesn't scrub all the comments of the people who disagree so there's actually some discussion in the comment section.

She bahsed on public college and universities a bit. I also give points to that blogger for not scrubbing the comments disagree with her. The ones that disagree with her bring up good points.

I rolled my eyes at this comment Lori put her in comments section

Another thing that is sad about college, degrees, and careers...They do absolutely NOTHING to prepare women to be wives and mothers, which I believe is the most important job on earth. Hey, we should start classes in the universities titled, "Older woman training younger women to love their husbands, etc." How do you think that would go? ;)

To me that is ridiculous for someone to think that colleges are supposed to prepare women to be wives and mothers. I doubt any women who have attended college and are currently attending college are hoping to be taught to be wives and mothers. Those women are doing other things outside of college to prepare to be wives and mothers. Some logical people responded to that specific comment with the following

Joluise · 5 days ago

That is the role of the parents (20 years of training) - not a school or higher education.

And thanks to my mum, I have taught my sons those same wonderful skills. And women can make great mums and still have a career whilst some SAHMs can make pretty bad mums. Working women can make great wives and love their husbands. Whether I have a degree or work or at home - my mothering and wife skills should have been taught long ago by my mother and father - and mine did.

AMY · 5 days ago

They're not supposed too! They also do nothing to teach men how to be good dads and husbands. Being a mom is my most important job! That is why I'm staying home now. But I will work part time when my kids are in school. My degree allows me to work minimum hours (15 to 20) while making good money. My salary will help my daughters get their college degrees and will allow my husband to retire sooner. That way when my girls are grown, my husband and I can enjoy our retirement years together!!

Wow! Posts like this give Christians a bad name. Yes, the first calling of a married woman is her marriage, and the second priority of a mother is to be a mother; but, what if you don't marry? What if you can't have children?

1 Cor 7:1 ...It is good for a man not to marry.

What also happens to an uneducated mother who's husband dies or who leaves his family? Is she to live off of the charity of others. Unfortunately, families are not as stable as they used to be. Yes, college is expensive; but aren't our children's dreams worth it?

This blogger Lori pretty much got her ass handed to her in the comments section. One of the people who agreed with her seems to be a bit in lala land. She posted the following

brittanygrim · 6 days ago

I LOVE this post. I HATE how most chidren/women (including me) was raised that college is the ONLY option. Yes, I think it might be a good option for some women, but I do not believe it is te only option.

I went to a private Christian university, graduated in 3 years and still have 40k in debt (which is on the lower end of my other friends that graduated from there). We now pay $500/mo just for my past schooling all for the sake of a back-up plan!

Yes, I know anything in life can happen, but I will not teach my daugthers that going to college is a must and that they should spend 3/4 years, pay 80k+ and get in debt all for the sake or fear and having a back-up plan.

I think this woman brittanygrim probably wasn't able to afford a private Christian university and she is the one to blame for this. Also she should realize that not everyone has to spend 80k on college. But brittanygrim left another comment that shows she lives in lala land.

brittanygrim · 6 days ago

I know that if something were to happen to my husband I would be taken care of by any of my family members, my sister, mom, in-laws, grandparents, etc... I even know some people in our church that would probably take my children and I in.

I will teach my daughters that their highest calling that we should proud and excited about is to be a wife/mother. However, like with your daughter in school, I will not discourage it if it is something they want to do.

I hate to say it but brittanygri is bit unrealistic because I don't think her family or fellow church members would spend years taking caring of her and her children.

And in more bloggy goodness, we learn that college brings one a mountain of debt and secular humanism and that people shouldn't send their daughters there. Also, if you waste time in college, you won't have enough kids and just might drown under the weight of immigration. Holy trainwreck, Batman!

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/01/girls-going-to-college.html

I will give points to this blogger in one area, though - she doesn't scrub all the comments of the people who disagree so there's actually some discussion in the comment section.

I go to a public university and went to public high school. I know people who married just before or right out of high school and I know people who have married at a variety of ages from 17 to 35. Some of the older people were Christians, just didn't find the right person they wanted to be with. I am almost 23 and I am single. I have yet to find anyone who my guess is I'll be at least 25 before I get married, very likely older. I don't want many, if any children and have 50/50 chancce of ever being able to naturally anyway. I will not be marrying for a family as much as for companionship when I do.

My mother wed at 21 and sometimes wishes she was a little older and had gotten a degree. My grandmother wed out of high school-her new husband was shipped off to war (Korean) soon after and shortly after he came back, she got pregnant with their first child. She loves her children to bits, but has told me more than once that she wished she had been older and done more. So her and the commenters bs stuff about women wed out of school and all of those who do have a happy end in the comments. Six years isn't that long and dating/courting for one before. My parents dated for almost five and were wed for almost four before my mother got pregnant with me. They had three children and have been married for almost 30 years. They both have mentioned they wished they had waited and done more things before marrying-with school and life and travel, etc.

This kind of stuff drives me BONKERS! Have they never heard of scholarships? Of work study? Or better yet, pay-as-you-go? I worked full time and attended university part time because my grades were average in high school so no scholarships for me. It was hard and exhausting but I accomplished my goal. Of course I had to take out loans for medical school but I only have that debt to pay off when I become an Attending.

My daughter will be strongly encouraged to go to college and get a degree she can use. I will not defang her and then expect her to face a harsh, unforgiving world with nothing more than the ability to clean house and birth babies. Her highest calling will be to be the best person she can be. If that means she wants to be a housewife and SAHM, sure! But if that means she wants to be a single woman with a career that she loves, go for it! She could also *gasp* have a career and a family too! What a stunning idea!

Would the fundies approve of this major:

BS in Family and Consumer Sciences Education

Program Requirements

Complete the following interpersonal relationships courses:

SFL 160 : Introduction to Family Processes. (3:3:0)

SFL 223 : Preparation for Marriage. (3:3:0)

Complete the following human development courses:

SFL 210 : Human Development. (3:3:0)

SFL 221 : Foundations of Developmentally Appropriate Practices in Programs for Young Children. (2:2:0)

SFL 222 : Practicum in Developmentally Appropriate Practices. (2:0:12)

Complete the following financial literacy course:

SFL 260 : Family Finance. (3:3:0)

Complete the following textiles and apparel courses:

SFL 185R : Beginning Clothing Construction. (3:3:5)

(or equivalent)

SFL 280 : Dynamics of Clothing. (3:3:0)

SFL 282 : Textiles. (3:3:2)

SFL 287 : Intermediate Clothing Construction. (3:3:5)

Complete the following living environments courses:

SFL 102 : Introduction to Interiors. (3:3:0)

SFL 202 : Design in the Home. (3:3:2)

Complete the following foods and nutrition courses:

NDFS 100 : Essentials of Human Nutrition. (3:3:0)

NDFS 250 : Essentials of Food Science. (3:3:0)

NDFS 251 : Essentials of Food Science Laboratory. (1:0:3)

SFL 110 : Food Preparation in the Home. (2:1:2)

SFL 340 : Family Meal Management. (3:2:3)

Complete at least one course from one of the following focus areas (SFL 290 or Stat 221 may be a prerequisite for some):

Clothing:

SFL 380 : History of Apparel. (3:3:0)

SFL 387 : Advanced Clothing Studies: Patternmaking. (3:3:5)

SFL 487 : Advanced Clothing Studies: Construction. (3:3:5)

Family Dynamics:

SFL 335 : Family Adaptation and Resiliency. (3:3:0)

SFL 471 : Philosophies of Family Work and Relationships. (3:3:0)

SFL 480 : Moral Foundations of Family Life. (3:3:0)

Human Development:

HLTH 436 : Sexuality Education in the Curriculum. (3:3:0)

SFL 240 : Parenting and Child Guidance. (3:3:0)

SFL 334 : Adult Development and Aging in the Family. (3:3:0)

Note: SFL 240 fulfills a prerequisite requirement for SFL 222.

Financial Literacy:

SFL 360 : Advanced Family Finance. (3:3:0)

SFL 361 : Money in the Family. (3:3:0)

SFL 472 : Temporal Welfare in Families. (3:3:0)

Living Environments:

SFL 230 : Housing the Family. (3:3:0)

SFL 328 : History of Interior Design and Architecture 1. (3:3:0)

SFL 329 : History of Interior Design and Architecture 2. (3:3:0)

Foods and Nutrition:

NDFS 201 : Nutrition and Prevention of Chronic Disease. (2:2:0)

SFL 215 : Advanced Food Preparation. (3:2:3)

Complete the Professional Education Component:

Complete the following:

CPSE 402 : Educating Students with Disabilities in Secondary Classrooms. (2:2:0)

IP&T 286 : Instructional Technology in Teaching. (1:1:ARR)

SC ED 276R : Exploration of Teaching. (3-4:ARR:ARR)

(4 hours required)

SC ED 350 : Adolescent Development in an Education Context. (2:2:0)

SC ED 353 : Multicultural Education. (2:2:0)

SC ED 378 : Practicum in Secondary Education. (1:0:3)

SFL 377 : Teaching Methods and Instruction in Family and Consumer Sciences Education. (3:6:0)

Note: FBI fingerprinting and background clearance must be completed before registration in Sc Ed 276R.

Complete 12 hours from the following:

SC ED 476R : Secondary Student-Teaching. (12:ARR:ARR)

Complete the PRAXIS II test.

Oh wait, it's from the ebil mormons, so obviously not.

https://saas.byu.edu/catalog/2011-2012u ... uMajor.php

Well because my grandmother worked outside of the home and was able to afford to send my mom to college, my parents were able to pay for most of my college education with out debt. I also made the choice to go to an inexpensive state school which helped my brother went to a more expensive private school and did graduate with some debt. My parents also actually paid a chunk of my husbands student loan debt off as a wedding present. My mom quit her job when my brother was born but went back to a low paying job with flexible hours when I was 6 and in school full time. She would never have been able to get the job that paid for our education with out her college degree.

Also my mom and grandma taught me all the MRS stuff they mention in this post.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/ ... egree.html

Both my brother and I were taught to cook , sew and budget. My parents taught me how to act in my marriage and love my husband (really! this needs to be taught ?) by modeling a healthy relationship. I will say they didn't really teach me about purity or modesty and she didn't teach me to dance but she did do mousersize and sweating to the oldies with us.

This kind of stuff drives me BONKERS! Have they never heard of scholarships? Of work study? Or better yet, pay-as-you-go? I worked full time and attended university part time because my grades were average in high school so no scholarships for me. It was hard and exhausting but I accomplished my goal. Of course I had to take out loans for medical school but I only have that debt to pay off when I become an Attending.

My daughter will be strongly encouraged to go to college and get a degree she can use. I will not defang her and then expect her to face a harsh, unforgiving world with nothing more than the ability to clean house and birth babies. Her highest calling will be to be the best person she can be. If that means she wants to be a housewife and SAHM, sure! But if that means she wants to be a single woman with a career that she loves, go for it! She could also *gasp* have a career and a family too! What a stunning idea!

It is also bothers me that they never bring scholarships or work study. Scholarships are pretty hard for some people to get, but in some states they are lottery scholarships that are funded by state lottery revenues. Here in New Mexico, if any high school graduate who is a state resident attends college right after high school graduation, they qualify for the lottery scholarship which covers most tuition at any state university or college. They have maintain 2.5 to keep getting the scholarship for 8 semesters. So here a lot of students get most of their college expenses covered.

I had friends who got a lot of scholarships because they had the right interests or majors. They are a lot of scholarships for math, science, engineering, and nursing students. But I never fit into one of those categories so it was hard for me to additional scholarships and I had to take out some loans.

I think some of the fundies ignore scholarships, FAFSA, and work study because they really don't do a lot of research. The blogger Lori has to know about scholarships but I think she ignores that, just so she can use the whole loan and debt thing in her argument.

cI was thinking about this some more-about these women who say being a wife and mother is the highest calling. If I can't have children and let's say my health issues put me out of the range of adoption and I chose to work and become a partner at a company in the corporate world (just an example), am I not doing my highest calling if I love to work and like my job? Isn't that insulting to those can't have children to say that they aren't doing what they are supposed to and aren't as good as someone with a dozen children who stays at home while her husband works? Why is being a wife a high calling? What's so special about it? You said some words, put on a ring and signed some papers to say you pledge to be each other's lovers and companions for the rest of your life. What's the high calling there? I just don't see it. I guess because I hope to view any spouse I have as my equal, my best friend, my lover, not my superior and I don't plan on "serving" him. I don't expect him to serve me either. We are adults and I would hope we would love and respect the other person for who they are. So if I am not doing much "for" him, except in the terms of being friends, lovers and companions, then what is so "higher calling" about it? Why would I be "less" if I can't or don't want children? Does God not think as good of me if I don't? What about the fact that my reproductive condition is something I was probably born with? God never liked me as much as someone who can have lots of babies? That's rather horrible and cruel to even consider. Simply put: I don't get the assertion of wife and mother as the highest calling.

Also: My uni costs me about 5K/year. For about 5 years=25K, which is about a quarter of the 80K miss Britt paid. Public Uni is a helluva a lot cheaper than some rinky dink "Christian?" private one that may not even be accrediated making the degree all but worthless.

I hate to say it but brittanygri is bit unrealistic because I don't think her family or fellow church members would spend years taking caring of her and her children.

This is so true. I lived this situation in that my father passed away when we were kids and my mother was left with 4 kids under 16, and a few office skills that paid very little. We were church members in good standing, but honestly, were we supposed to bring our bills to our church every month for years until all us siblings were grown? What church would do that?

And who wants to be dependent on family/church for years and years, even if they would help you? If brittanygrim is able to work all that out, well, good for her I suppose. But many of us are not in that position.

And finally, these women must be aware of the huge correlation between education and standard of living. Do they really want their daughters potentially living in poverty when an education is available to everyone? I'm sorry, but that is abusive imo.

Ok, two flaws in fundies thought on higher education for women:

1. How do they expect to homeschool future men if they won't place priority on the education of their teachers (i.e their moms)? If homeschooling is always the goal, why would you discourage teachers from, you know, going to school?

2. Being a mother isn't just about making home cooked meals and keeping a spotless house. It's also about providing medical insurance, living safe neighborhood, buying healthy food. If the husband is laid off/dies/divorces....are fundie women being a good mother by not being financially prepared?

Fundies like to rail about welfare and personal responsibility, yet they seem keen on preventing woman from protecting from financial disaster. Most fundies would be appalled if a woman took welfare to care for her child, so how can they discourage girls from taking responsibility by preparing for careers?

As others pointed out, college can be had for cheap with scholarships, work-study, jobs etc. Why is it that everytime someone rants about college, it's always to repeat the highest possible debt for college? The vast majority of college students do not attend expensive four year colleges. The majority of students attending expensive four year colleges don't pay sticker price. It makes me think that those who rail about colleges by quoting unrealistic numbers have either never attended one (and are speaking through their ignorance) or were stupid enough to overpay for one.....

Scholarships and work-study are conveniently ignored all the time. Their ideological petticoat is showing when they try to use pragmatic arguments and anecdata.

Speaking of anecdata, here's mine. My dad had a good salary but also had seven children and fundie skepticism about college. So I didn't have a college fund per se, but when I decided to go, he was able to contribute about 1 year's worth of private school tuition. For the rest, I got partial scholarships, partial deferred payment plan, and worked my butt off with work-study and part-time jobs. I was working 30 hr a week and taking 18 credits my senior year. So I graduated with only $15K in debt, and paid off $5K in the first year out, working two jobs and putting every extra cent toward the debt. My FIL paid off the balance when Mr. kaetrin and I got married... I still feel kind of guilty about that. But still. Even on my own efforts, I was nowhere near the alleged $80K debt norm for a private school degree.

Then I went to grad school on full scholarship plus living stipend, as did my husband. So we're both going to have PhDs, and we have no school debt. We're both on traditional academic tracks in the humanities (me: ancient history/religion, him: English), so the income will never be huge, but it's not disproportionate because we are doing what we like and we don't have any loans to pay off.

I don't say this to brag; I know that I have been really lucky so far, and that no amount of hard work is a guarantee of stability. I also know that education inflation is a serious problem. I just bring it up to contradict the fundie argument that college (especially a "useless" humanities degree) is wrong for women because it's inevitably going to land you in unhelpmeetly debt.

Of course, others have pointed out how college can be had for cheap with scholarships, work-study, jobs etc. Why is it that everytime someone rants about college, it's always to repeat the highest possible debt for college? The vast majority of college students do not attend expensive four year colleges. The majority of students attending expensive four year colleges don't pay sticker price. It makes me think that those who rail about colleges by quoting unrealistic numbers have either never attended one (and are speaking through their ignorance) or were stupid enough to overpay for one.....

Ah, I cross-posted with YPestis who said it better and more succinctly. :)

I just cannot understand this kind of thinking. I grew up with a very fundie upbringing and still my parents had me get a job when I was 16 and they were adamant about good grades in school and they wanted my sister and me to attend college (they wanted it to be fundie bible college of course). When I refused to go to the college of their choice, they still helped me in finding the college of mine and encouraged me in my pursuits because above all getting an education was the most important thing to them.

I'll be very blunt here and I have nothing more to add.

If I was a fundy and I had no other choice I'd run away to the first nightclub and start working as a waitress wearing a pink bunny uniform for what I care. I would not have the slightest spark of shame, embarrassment or the feeling of doing something bad. I'd make my cash, get my tiny little precious apartment and start a school ASAP. I could not stand this misery and I would not. The only thing I would not do to get out is murder, it's out of question, or sell drugs, but... hell yeah.

Another thing that is sad about college, degrees, and careers...They do absolutely NOTHING to prepare women to be wives and mothers, which I believe is the most important job on earth. Hey, we should start classes in the universities titled, "Older woman training younger women to love their husbands, etc." How do you think that would go? ;)

I didn't realize you needed to be trained to love your husband. I love my husband and no one taught me how.

Is anyone training the men on how to be loveable to women? I'm not going to love someone just because I've been trained. He had better be someone worth loving!

It is also bothers me that they never bring scholarships or work study. Scholarships are pretty hard for some people to get, but in some states they are lottery scholarships that are funded by state lottery revenues. Here in New Mexico, if any high school graduate who is a state resident attends college right after high school graduation, they qualify for the lottery scholarship which covers most tuition at any state university or college. They have maintain 2.5 to keep getting the scholarship for 8 semesters. So here a lot of students get most of their college expenses covered.

I had friends who got a lot of scholarships because they had the right interests or majors. They are a lot of scholarships for math, science, engineering, and nursing students. But I never fit into one of those categories so it was hard for me to additional scholarships and I had to take out some loans.

I think some of the fundies ignore scholarships, FAFSA, and work study because they really don't do a lot of research. The blogger Lori has to know about scholarships but I think she ignores that, just so she can use the whole loan and debt thing in her argument.

And don't forget, a lot of those scholarships would be for teh ebil state universities! I imagine that causes at least some fundie angst.

And don't forget, a lot of those scholarships would be for teh ebil state universities! I imagine that causes at least some fundie angst.

Yup, it would probably cause some fundie angst. I know some non-fundies that view college as something that brings debt and these people ignore scholarships and work study.

That's right. Older women need to train younger women to love their (the older women's) husbands. I fantasize about this almost nightly.

That's right. Older women need to train younger women to love their (the older women's) husbands. I fantasize about this almost nightly.

OMG this knocked me out! :lol:

This is so true. I lived this situation in that my father passed away when we were kids and my mother was left with 4 kids under 16, and a few office skills that paid very little. We were church members in good standing, but honestly, were we supposed to bring our bills to our church every month for years until all us siblings were grown? What church would do that?

And who wants to be dependent on family/church for years and years, even if they would help you? If brittanygrim is able to work all that out, well, good for her I suppose. But many of us are not in that position.

And finally, these women must be aware of the huge correlation between education and standard of living. Do they really want their daughters potentially living in poverty when an education is available to everyone? I'm sorry, but that is abusive imo.

I don't think a lot of church would support a widow and her family for years. Some churches have limits on how much financial help they can give. There is one church that I know of that will give monetary support to members in need for three months at max. Now with the economy, a lot of churches are hurting. Even in wealthier areas, some churches hurt quite a bit. I think brittanygrim may be content with possibly being dependent on church members or her relatives for years and years. I'm not married and I don't have kids, but if I ended up widowed with kids, I wouldn't be dependent on others. I would be doing everything I can to support my family.

I find brittanygrim to be unrealistic because she doesn't seem to realize that having relatives doesn't guarantee that they will always be able to help you financially for years. She mentions a sister. Let's say that brittanygrim's husband died and her sister was also married and had kids. I can honestly see the sister or the sister's husband eventually getting fed up having to support another family. Also I know plenty of retired couples that wouldn't be able to support their children and grandchildren for a long time. I know a few people who got fed up with always having to help relatives struggling with money and I can see a lot of people being pushed to their breaking points if they were expected to spend years supporting another family. I also can't see a lot of people taking in a widow and her kids for a long term stay.

cI was thinking about this some more-about these women who say being a wife and mother is the highest calling. If I can't have children and let's say my health issues put me out of the range of adoption and I chose to work and become a partner at a company in the corporate world (just an example), am I not doing my highest calling if I love to work and like my job? Isn't that insulting to those can't have children to say that they aren't doing what they are supposed to and aren't as good as someone with a dozen children who stays at home while her husband works? Why is being a wife a high calling? What's so special about it? You said some words, put on a ring and signed some papers to say you pledge to be each other's lovers and companions for the rest of your life. What's the high calling there? I just don't see it. I guess because I hope to view any spouse I have as my equal, my best friend, my lover, not my superior and I don't plan on "serving" him. I don't expect him to serve me either. We are adults and I would hope we would love and respect the other person for who they are. So if I am not doing much "for" him, except in the terms of being friends, lovers and companions, then what is so "higher calling" about it? Why would I be "less" if I can't or don't want children? Does God not think as good of me if I don't? What about the fact that my reproductive condition is something I was probably born with? God never liked me as much as someone who can have lots of babies? That's rather horrible and cruel to even consider. Simply put: I don't get the assertion of wife and mother as the highest calling.

Also: My uni costs me about 5K/year. For about 5 years=25K, which is about a quarter of the 80K miss Britt paid. Public Uni is a helluva a lot cheaper than some rinky dink "Christian?" private one that may not even be accrediated making the degree all but worthless.

Remember public universities are ebil. Public universities will always be a lot cheaper than accredited or uncredited Christian colleges. There are some Christian private college that aren't too expensive. I think brittanygrim might have attended a an accredited college, but I have the feeling she just couldn't afford it and took on a massive debt to attend a godly school. There are a lot of people who attended private universities who were really never had the financial means to attend those schools in the first place. A close friend of mine lives in Los Angeles. His dad relocated back to LA after his divorce back in the 90's. My friend and I graduated high school in 2003. My friend's dad offered to let him go out to LA and live with him during college. My friend applied to UCLA, Cal State LA and private colleges like USC, Loyola Marymount,. He got into all of them and after researching costs, he decied to attend to a community college for a year or two. He went to LA City College for two years and then transferred UCLA. UCLA and UC schools aren't really cheap, but they aren't extremely expensive either. My friend got a few scholarships and his dad and mom helped out when he needed help. He has some debt from loans, but they aren't huge. Back in 2010, a mutual Facebook friend of ours posted a link to the Cortney Munna story. Cortney Munna is the NYU graduate who has close to 100 k in student loan debt. On FB, a group of our friends were discussing it. My friend from LA, said that he knows a lot of Cortney Munnas in LA. He said that quite bit of people who attended private college like USC, LM, Pepperdine etc in the LA area are in massive debt and a lot of them should never really attended those schools in the first place. He said that he has worked with several people who attended private colleges and aren't even close to pay off their debts.

I think brittanygrim is likely a Christian version of Cortney Munna and they are probably others like her. There are some churches that have love offering nights to raise money for people who are enrolled in well known Christian affiliated colleges or universities. There was a megachurch in my area that advertised a love offering night to raise money for a boy who was accepted into Baylor University.

If being a wife and mother is the highest calling, what do those fundies think of nuns?

Chelsea Clinton seemed to have turned out ok, despite having a mother who dared to go to college and get an education.

If being a wife and mother is the highest calling, what do those fundies think of nuns?

Chelsea Clinton seemed to have turned out ok, despite having a mother who dared to go to college and get an education.

Nuns are ebil Catholic ladies.

What camdendayton said upthread.

One of the best things that prepared me for motherhood was the developmental psychology course I took in college. It helped me learn so much about how babies and children grow and change that I strongly encourage any young prospective parent to take such a course.

And ditto on fundie reluctance to actually educate young women who are supposed to be eventually teaching their own children.

Archived