IGNORED

Oh ha ha ha Doug your irony is unsurpassed

MamaJunebug

Forgive me if this has been discussed: Doug's blog at VF has a recent posting on sanctity of life, immediately followed by the latest video release of the insufferable* child star (of the moment) Virginia in a pink dress, having bested a "large beast.". My laptop is running very slow so I was only able to hear Doug ask Virginia "What's thst?" and hear Virginia prattle on and then see an image of a dead jackrabbit with a stomach wound.

Ok good, ok fine, the 4-year-old got her first kill. Maybe Whatever. It wasn't worth my time to watch it in one full sweep. What tickled me was: above the window w the video, Doug has written, "If this bothers you, you're not a Texan."

The best irony is when the ironic person doesn't realize s/he's being so. Don't you think ?? ;)

*Dom Wack Troll first referred to Virginia's "star" turns as insufferable and it's just another in the long line of things for which I'm indebted to DWT! Love ya honey!!!

As a Texan, pretty much everything about Doug bothers me.

I'd like to see a real Texan squash him like a bug under their big cowboy boots myself.

Forgive me if this has been discussed: Doug's blog at VF has a recent posting on sanctity of life, immediately followed by the latest video release of the insufferable* child star (of the moment) Virginia in a pink dress, having bested a "large beast.". My laptop is running very slow so I was only able to hear Doug ask Virginia "What's thst?" and hear Virginia prattle on and then see an image of a dead jackrabbit with a stomach wound.

Ok good, ok fine, the 4-year-old got her first kill. Maybe Whatever. It wasn't worth my time to watch it in one full sweep. What tickled me was: above the window w the video, Doug has written, "If this bothers you, you're not a Texan."

The best irony is when the ironic person doesn't realize s/he's being so. Don't you think ?? ;)

*Dom Wack Troll first referred to Virginia's "star" turns as insufferable and it's just another in the long line of things for which I'm indebted to DWT! Love ya honey!!!

I hate it when people say if you don't do, like, accept this then you aren't part of the crowd you belong in. I grew up in Appalachia and huntin', fishin' and four-wheelin' are common top things people do for fun. I still hate hunting and can't do it. It does bother me. Some people do think I'm not a "real" southerner because of that.

Irony indeed! Directly below the video extolling little Virginny's first kill, Dougie offers us "Reason # 37 for Watching D-Day and the Providence of God: Bullies Must be Stopped." (Next to a picture of Adolf Hitler, no less.)

But then, of course, this is Dougie we're talking about. He's also telling the world "how to evaluate candidates for office," AND proclaiming that his San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival "will be a time of radical antithesis (emphasis mine) as two award ceremonies representing two competing world views will go back to back." Sadly, that big bad ol' Hollywood "clearly is confused and agenda-driven."

No confusion here in VF-land, is there, Doug?? Just lots and lots and lots of eeeeeego.

(Seconds on the love to Dom Wack Troll. :romance-heartsthree: )

I thought Dougie was born and raised in the Virginia/DC area, so is he even a "True Texan"? I've lived in Texas for 13 years and I don't consider myself Texan because I wasn't born here and didn't grow up here.

Guest Anonymous
Irony indeed!

Sadly, that big bad ol' Hollywood "clearly is confused and agenda-driven."

No confusion here in VF-land, is there, Doug?? Just lots and lots and lots of eeeeeego.

(Seconds on the love to Dom Wack Troll. :romance-heartsthree: )

Hollywood is only "confused and ego-driven" because its denizens have chosen to ignore Dougie.

I'm a True Texan. Dougie bothers me. There's a reason his little church is out in the middle of nowhere, with no advertising other than their website. He's hiding because most people in that area would think he's nuts. I'm serious when I say that no one I've asked in Boerne (which is where I'm from) has ever heard of him.

Even their website is a little vague about their location and times of meeting...he keeps on the dl in the area.

And yeah, he's about as "Texan" as Jerry Jones is, and I think JJ has actually lived here longer than Dougie Poo. I loathe them both!

MORE irony!!

Added to Dougie's website: "Will somebody please boldly and clearly fight for life? Please!"

Poor, poor little dead Thumper...

eta: oops - this is the "sanctity of life" post MJB was referring to. My fail. (But I still feel sorry for the rabbit. And despair for the kid. It's only a matter of time before little Virginia is saying thinks like "What part of 'I want an AK-47!' don't you understand??")

Excuse my language, but...

What the HELL is he on?! A child that small has NO place going hunting!

And yes, it bothers me, and YES, I am from Texas.

I promise most of us have common sense, guys. :(

I didn't get the irony :?:

Was it about Doug showing to be pro-life but the little showed a dead rabbit?

Sorry I'm a bit fuzzy in mind (just came from the doctor).

Happy to oblige!

;)

Irony 1: I hardly expect to find a triumphant post about besting "a huge beast" that turned out to be a rabbit to follow a pro-life post;

2: the marksman is a 4-year-old girl

3: who's in a pink dress (I'm sure Doug intended *that* ironic touch

4: a fey Virginian who favors dress-up challenges people who recoil from dead bunny as being not true Texans.

5: aforesaid Virginian truly does keep his li'l cult on the DL locally (I know San Antonians who've lived there for literally decades and have never heard of VF, BCA or DP.

Who's the bold, unafraid Texan?

Why...Virginia, of course!

Doug blathers on about the sanctity of life and yet cheers the fact a four-year-old girl has made her first kill. Having little kids do his hunting for him, and then parading the dead animal on his website, is an overt act of disrespect for life.

Irony? Dunno.

Hypocrisy? Definitely.

If that girl is taught to kill for sport, and doesn't end up eating that rabbit, then Doug has helped to create yet another mean-spirited dominionist woman - and that's if he's lucky.

Doug blathers on about the sanctity of life and yet cheers the fact a four-year-old girl has made her first kill. Having little kids do his hunting for him, and then parading the dead animal on his website, is an overt act of disrespect for life.

Irony? Dunno.

Hypocrisy? Definitely.

If that girl is taught to kill for sport, and doesn't end up eating that rabbit, then Doug has helped to create yet another mean-spirited dominionist woman - and that's if he's lucky.

Thanks, now I see it. Why would Doug even allow a 4 year-old Girl to hunt? I thought hunting was for men?

Unless he wanted women to do the dirty work for him, poor rabbit. I may sound hypocritical when I say this but I love eating meat, but I don't like hunting or encaging animals.

Okay, I haven't seen the video. Most hunters that I know wait until their child is around 12 before they take them hunting.

I know my grand-daughter can't wait to hunt. I think she has to be 10 and must pass a hunter safety course first. I'm not a hunter but I understand the culture. My daughter and her husband, and my brother, hunt. They eat what they shoot. Do we really think Virginia is going to eat that bunny? A 4 y.o. is way too young to shoot anything. I suppose she doesn't believe in the Easter bunny but still........ :cry:

Fuck you, Doug. Everyone around here hunts, it's nothing special. What bothers me about this is almost everyone I know with the exception of a few special dickholes actually takes their kill home and eats it. This looks like a "ohhh we HUNT and we are speshsul snowflakes" they will probably throw the rabbit in the trash afterwards. I think hunting to prove you are a superior douchecanoe is what Dougie is doing here... hunting just to kill and dressing up in silly Roman costumes, what the hell is this guy trying to prove?

Dougie probably thinks only human life deserves protecting. Not just human life, but the exact "right" kind of Christian life, because to him nothing else counts.

And okay fine they hunt. Lots of people do. But 4 is too young and Doug probably thinks safety is for heathens.

It's funny that Doug wants his wife and daughters to be uber feminine, but sees nothing unfeminine about a young girl going hunting. I think there was a post a few years ago where he trumpeted one of his other daughters' first kills. I think it was Jubilee. Anyway, I'm not opposed to hunting but it seems very hypocritical to me that you would never see any of those girls on the basketball court or playing any other kind of sport but takes them out hunting. I've often wondered if it's because it's something a pioneer woman would've done so therefore it's o.k.

Hollywood is only "confused and ego-driven" because its denizens have chosen to ignore Dougie.

Yeah, that's why Hollywood ignores you Doug! Not because the films shown at yr festival are so badly done and laughable that they make most student movies look like Casablanca!

I would pay good money to bring my very Texan great-grandmother back from the dead and have her go head-to-head with Dougie. There's a reason she is still referred to as the family matriarch. She would have, very politely, ripped him many many new ones. Submission my pasty white ass!

Archived