IGNORED

polygamybegone

http://PolygamyBeGone.com is a blog written by a brave yonng women. She was married at the age of 12. Her mother had the stength to leave the FLDS the day after her wedding. I have been reading the blog for a few months. Its so sad to read about the pressure she still feels from the FLDS group. I will always pray that the people within this group stay safe. I fear that we may have another jonestown on our hands in the future.

What a strong woman. I wish her the best as she moves forward with her life.

I too wonder if the FLDS has another Jonestown in the making. Worrisome.

What a strong woman. I wish her the best as she moves forward with her life.

I too wonder if the FLDS has another Jonestown in the making. Worrisome.

Their behavior recently has me worried. They split up families and said that some are worthy and others are not. They split up households and raised the monthly required donation to the church. They continue to build at YFZ ranch. The members say that they are happy and will continue to pledge their loyalty to the priesthood. They continue to cut themselves off from the outside. I hope for better outcome. But, living in Utah, I have seen the authorities turn a blind eye to these people. I have direct experience of another polygamist group and I know that the police wont intervene without a lot of bad press.

I use to say that consent adults should be allowed to do what they want. That was before I got tangled up with a group and saw how the children were being affected.

OMG, the section on her blog about the births of Fumarase Deficiency syndrome babies nearly broke my heart! I just got home from visiting my precious grandson, a lovely, healthy bouncing delight, and to read of another poor mother whose baby is damaged due to this sect lifestyle fills me with dread for so many other potential victims. And how the men bleed the system and take advantage of these women and children are despicable.

The google summary has this:

A heartbreaking phone call. January 24, 2012 by Carrie. I will pray to repent my angry words. I will give thanks for the words of love. My heart is broken, I have

But that post is not in the google cache. I know she posted about someone from her old community calling her asking her to take the blog down. She said no, but maybe the person who called got in trouble?

There are signs that Warren's power is slipping in the twin town compounds and that his efforts to hold on to that power are causing great turmoil in those communities. This blog turning private could be a side effect of this turmoil, and not due to a threat to the blogger.

Some have speculated that the newspaper ads and efforts to generate funds within the FLDS could be a sign of an impending Jonestown-like event. I tend to think that it's a sign of future legal efforts, such as court appeals, etc. If a Jonestown-type event were contemplated, I think it would have happened closer in time to the YFZ raid or when Warren was on the run. Now just does not seem like the time, especially when sources tell us that Warren's hold on sanity is slipping.

I should have added that I don't think now is the time for a cataclysmic event in the FLDS because there is intense behind the scenes jockeying for power.

You should have broken the link...there was probably too much traffic to the blog, traced back to FJ.

No they have flounced and we cannot view it.

I can't believe she would flounce over FJ - we weren't snarking her (and i can't imagine we would have: we support cult walkaways pretty thoroughly, even when we don't agree with everything they believe once they get to choose their own lives). There is nothing we could throw at her that would match the abuse from FLDS and supporters online.

I thought the pic looked stock photo like too, but the image back search tool I used didn't find anything. But, the fact that someone found it on a stock photo site is pretty solid evidence that there's some fakery going on. Plus, the person started out of nowhere commenting everywhere on any blog having to do with polygamy. Which could have just been a way to seek traffic, but it'd still be weird. In any case, I'm glad this isn't a real girl. Whoever wrote the posts is an excellent writer.

I use to say that consent adults should be allowed to do what they want. That was before I got tangled up with a group and saw how the children were being affected.

Yeah, but a lot of these people are not consenting, nor are they educated enough to make an informed, rational decision. Polygamy/Polgyny are not bad in and of themselves, it is the people who use religion to control others and force them into situations so they can get their rocks off...that is the problem.

It makes me quite sad that these people have made poly marriages/relationships so feared and hated. I know quite a few people in happy, and healthy polygamous marriages and relationships. They are absolutely nothing like these whackadoodles.

I was able to read most pages of this blog through google's cache. The existence of a stock photo might be explained by the fact that she is determined not to give out any personal info. I dont think there is any definitive evidence one way or another If it is fake the writer is amazing and I recommend they write a screen play.

ETA: I copied and pasted text from every page I was able to access and saved that. I'm too lazy for screen shots but if anyone wants to read what I have PM me.

Yeah, but a lot of these people are not consenting, nor are they educated enough to make an informed, rational decision. Polygamy/Polgyny are not bad in and of themselves, it is the people who use religion to control others and force them into situations so they can get their rocks off...that is the problem.

It makes me quite sad that these people have made poly marriages/relationships so feared and hated. I know quite a few people in happy, and healthy polygamous marriages and relationships. They are absolutely nothing like these whackadoodles.

My comment was in regards to the extremest religious groups. The children are effected by the group. They are undereducated, used for free labor, and often abused.

Archived