IGNORED

A List of Godly Men

Turning-A-New-Leaf

While perusing fundy blogs, I kept finding sections that list "Families We Know" or "Good Resources", so my curiosity got the better of me and I kept clicking on each link to see what kind of family it was this time.

Of course, they were all fundy families, and almost all of them have each other as links in "Families We Know", etc.

Well, one family, The Hynes Family, has an interesting section. There is a list of Godly men on their blog, front page, right side.

Godly Men List:

- Bill Gothard

- Doug Phillips

- Jobe Martin

- Jonathan Lindvall

- Ken Ham

- Mathew Chancey

- Michael Pearl

- Nathaniel Darnell

- Dr. S.M. Davis

- Voddie Baucham

I just found this so interesting, the first time I have ever seen a list like this on a fundy blog. I know sometimes there are suggested links or great resources, but never a list of Godly men, usually just a family faith statement, etc.

I don't know if a list like this is normal or not for a fundy family, but, it does kind of explain the actions, beliefs, and education decisions that are made with these families. They really believe these are such great men. It is hard to determine if they have views or beliefs outside of this circle.

What do you think ?

Right now, I am not sure, I am not familiar with all the men and their statements to make that determination.

Here is a broken link to check it out for yourself:

The Hynes Family

http:// hynesva (dot) com/

That list is completely wrong. Steve Maxwell isn't on it, and he's the Godliest of all. :)

It's funny that someone put that together, though. Isn't Michael Pearl the creepy discipline guy? Gah.

At least they admit that they only believe there are ten Godly men in the entire world.

Its pretty mixed up.. ATI and VF, Baptists and Calvinists (although I just learned in another thread that a lot of Baptists are actually/also Calvinist.. my head is still spinning!)

More like a list of God-awful men.

yep!

I think the alaska-blog with the headcovering, quiverfull, clothdiapering, blabla family had a similiar list on their blog.

yep!

I think the alaska-blog with the headcovering, quiverfull, clothdiapering, blabla family had a similiar list on their blog.

Link...link...please.

I don't remember the name and I think their blog turned private. But it was a quite popular blog, so somebody will probably know more. SORRY!!

hahaha....Jesus...I didn't even think about that...good one...good catch. That wasn't even a thought, my first thought was of shock that someone actually made a list of Godly men and has it as a fixture on the site for everyone to see.

What do they mean by "Godly"? Can these men create worlds? Breathe life into dust? Do they murder their only sons? What does it even mean?

When I hear "godly" in these terms, I remember the words of my cult exit counselor: "'Godly' is one of the most abused words" in these Bible-based cults. It's a thought-stopping term, and people just shut down and agree.

I don't know who Jobe is, but the rest of them are all Bible-based thought reform cult affiliated.

I looked at the site -- that "Families We Know" list is kinda weird, too. I know lots of families, too... :roll:

Wonder what the collective IQ of the family might be?

That list is completely wrong. Steve Maxwell isn't on it, and he's the Godliest of all. :)

It's funny that someone put that together, though. Isn't Michael Pearl the creepy discipline guy? Gah.

Ditto! Neither are his sons. :pray:

Isn't Michael Pearl the creepy discipline guy? Gah.

Yes, and S.M. Davis is another creepy discipline guy. He's popular among some fundamental Baptists, and I think the Duggars promote him, or have promoted him, on their website. One of my friends calls him S&M Davis because she said half his tapes focus on submission or discipline.

Link...link...please.

It looks like it's been deleted. She shut it down quick when we made fun of her snowflakes' super special names a few months back. It was simplelivingak.WordPress.com

I wonder what these poor guys think. Their egos must be shattered that they were not mentioned.

Geoff Botkin

Kevin Swanson

Scott T. Brown

Dougie's lover boi Peter Bradrick

Who else is feeling their manhood shrink for not being on this list?

I wonder what these poor guys think. Their egos must be shattered that they were not mentioned.

Geoff Botkin

Kevin Swanson

Scott T. Brown

Dougie's lover boi Peter Bradrick

Who else is feeling their manhood shrink for not being on this list?

hahahaha :clap: :dance: :lol:

• 3 months later...

I have a best friend from 1st grade whose family devolved over the years into ATI/Gothardism and I just found out last week that she has a "friend w1th a purpose"; since "boyfriend" is a worldly term. You guessed it, her father spoke to the "young" man and arranged a courtship. I asked her if she had any choice in it and she said, of course she did. But she is 25 and her family has been running her ragged since graduating high school running her father's business and her mother's household (she has 5 younger siblings). I wonder if she was thinking that her only chance was now. I mean, was it really a choice? :( Anyway, her friend is Jon H1nes. I have wanted to say something about the path her family has gone down for years, but just don't know how to put my arguments. My husband says that she is smart enough to make her own choices and that she is choosing this lifestyle and that I shouldn't feel responsible. I just remember all our hopes and dreams as normal little girls and find it hard to see where this life, wasted, has gone. She was denied a college education even when she wanted it. Always made to feel that everything she wanted was worldly and ungodly and that she was choosing a better, more spiritual path. But indeed, as my husband says, she is choosing ignorance. :( I am so afraid that her husband will limit her friendship with me. But there is nothing I can do. She thinks she does everything right.

This is the "best friend" who wouldn't stand u pin my wedding because she decided my marriage wasn't God's will (mostly because we dated for only 4 months before wedding, and I didn't 'keep her in the loop' about all the developments of it. She finally apologized to me for "not coming," but STILL insists that I was wrong to marry and only says that she wishes she could have "seen down through the years and know that our marriage would work out." Bah. I am very sad about the whole thing.

And I just found the h1nes family blog this morning and am freaking out more than ever since it's even way more into the "movement" than her family is.

She told me that if there was a wedding, I'd be invited...we'll see...but I"m afraid I will lose her forever...

The Girotti family makes me sad. The boys all have an education (engineering and medicine) and the girls have their activities listed as 'taking care of the fucking dog and making cupcakes'.

Assholes.

I would not marry or procreate with any of those men listed if the fate of the human population depended on it. No how. No way.

Archived