IGNORED

This is Dougie Phillips Sister,

anniebgood

Alexandra. She's an opera singer, backup singer (was in the musical salute to Meryl Streep at the Lincoln Center), and yoga enthusiast.

394040_10150518423743802_731328801_8949726_1470066083_n.jpg

Bet Doug just cringes when he sees her.

I'd say she must be defrauding to him... But isn't this the guy who took a bunch of men on a "Manly Man Bonding Experience Hunting Ananaconda's" in the Amazon?

Love the dress. I bet she loves that you'd never know she was related to that psycho Doug unless she mentioned it...

She is really lovely, but no defrauding material to Dougie since we all know that he is into Anacondas and Pete B.'s ears..

I don't think Doug and his sibling(s?) were raised in the patriarchy, were they?

Does anybody know that??

Doug's sisters are to me among the most fascinating characters associated with hyper patriarchy -- precisely because they seem so normal while remaining associated with their bizarre family. In addition to his brothers, Doug has 3 sisters.

The oldest, Amanda Lants, is married and religious. My impression is that she is fundie but maybe not quite as extreme as Doug. In other words, I think she will be seen in pants. I think she homeschools and lives in Virginia.

The middle sister, Alexandra, as noted above, is beautiful, single, and independent. She lives in the D.C. area, has a lot of arty and theater friends. Loves yoga, her dog, and traveling.

Youngest sister Jennifer is the hardest to find online because of her common name. She is an actress living in NYC. In terms of appearance, she's totally hot. Looks like an even more gorgeous version of Julianne Moore. Lots of arty friends, heavily involved in the theater world, and seems totally with it.

It's hard to wrap my head around it, but they seem to have good relationships with their misogynist and gay-hating father and brothers. For example, they attended a luncheon in which their mother was honored by Phyllis Schlafly's Eagle Forum with an award for being homemaker of the year. I mean, they must know that this is crazy, right? I do have some theories about this, which I will share shortly.

OK, so I think Alexandra and Jennifer are worldly enough to know that it is whack to run around referrign to gay people as "sodomites," (like their father Howard Phillips) and to argue that women should be submissive baby factories. After all, they live their lives rubbing shoulders with "the gays" in the art world, and have obviously no particular interest in going SAHD or quiver full.

But they probably have some warm feelings towards their family because hey, it's family. Howard, by all accounts, is a warm and well-loved person in real life, even by people who find his social views appalling. (I know a couple people who have known him in person.) So he was probably a loving father.

But here is another thing: I wonder if Howard is still supporting them, at least in part, especially Jennifer. (I say that mainly because NYC is so expensive, and so many people I've known in the acting world there have rich families who are supporting them.) If that's true, it explains why the daughters don't publicly criticize their families. More so, it would show that Howard has more liberal attitudes about lifestyle than those professed by his son.

Alexandra and Jennifer (who calls herself JP) are indeed a conundrum. They still seem to be on good terms with the family, including Dougie, but never get called Jezebels or anything.

Question and a bit OT! This certain Dougie has nothing to do with the song 'Teach me how to Dougie' that was turned into a parody called 'Teach me how to Duggar', right? I'm not sure about the Dougie folks.

Doug's sisters are to me among the most fascinating characters associated with hyper patriarchy -- precisely because they seem so normal while remaining associated with their bizarre family. In addition to his brothers, Doug has 3 sisters.

The oldest, Amanda Lants, is married and religious. My impression is that she is fundie but maybe not quite as extreme as Doug. In other words, I think she will be seen in pants. I think she homeschools and lives in Virginia.

The middle sister, Alexandra, as noted above, is beautiful, single, and independent. She lives in the D.C. area, has a lot of arty and theater friends. Loves yoga, her dog, and traveling.

Youngest sister Jennifer is the hardest to find online because of her common name. She is an actress living in NYC. In terms of appearance, she's totally hot. Looks like an even more gorgeous version of Julianne Moore. Lots of arty friends, heavily involved in the theater world, and seems totally with it.

It's hard to wrap my head around it, but they seem to have good relationships with their misogynist and gay-hating father and brothers. For example, they attended a luncheon in which their mother was honored by Phyllis Schlafly's Eagle Forum with an award for being homemaker of the year. I mean, they must know that this is crazy, right? I do have some theories about this, which I will share shortly.

I find them very interesting, too. I don't know much about Alexandra and Jennifer, but they seem pretty far removed from the VF lifestyle. I kind of wonder what they make of it all. I have a friend who knows Amanda Lants and family. From what she says, they sound like nice, normal people who are a little on the fundie-lite side but not too much out of the mainstream.

Wow that is shocking to me... His sisters are so normal and non-fundie!!!! I wonder why they don't talk? Does Doug shun them? It appears that Amanda is the only one that is facebook friends with Doug... So it does look like Doug shuns the other 2 sisters in involved in theater.

Edit: Found it

I wonder what Dougie tells his daughters when they someday want to move to NYC to life their aunties fancy life.. this is going to be pretty interesting!

And isn't a brother a conservative Roman Catholic?

Oh, man-- check out Jennifer's photo section on FB. Under a pic of her, her mother, her sisters, and PHYLLIS SCHLAFLY, some vapid gay dude posts, "Why if I were straight! (lol) You look delicious as always, Angel Red." Um, Vapid Gay Dude, Jennifer's brother thinks you should be executed. And Jennifer apparently thinks he has a right to that opinion.

She also posted a photo of Virginia Hope on the Brown's indoor swing, so she can't be on bad terms with them.

Gotta get back there and look for more...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... &sk=photos

I have to thank you, Dominion Wackiness Troll, for posting the fb link on datalounge in the first place! I actually just found it this past weekend and spent quite a bit of time this weekend checking it out. I'd been looking for JP on line for years, but clearly, I don't have your trolling skillz.

I bet you Doug and his sisters all understand that, for marketing reasons, he can't publicly acknowledge them. It does make one wonder how hard-line Doug really is or whether his persona is a schtick he uses to fleece the rubes in the heartland of their money. The real test in my mind is whether he's really going to impose the same strictures on his daughters as he advocates for the average SAHD. Part of me expects Liberty to run off to live the life of a Manhattan hipster with Dad's private, never-to-be-publicly-admitted approval.

I have to thank you, Dominion Wackiness Troll, for posting the fb link on datalounge in the first place! I actually just found it this past weekend and spent quite a bit of time this weekend checking it out. I'd been looking for JP on line for years, but clearly, I don't have your trolling skillz.

I bet you Doug and his sisters all understand that, for marketing reasons, he can't publicly acknowledge them. It does make one wonder how hard-line Doug really is or whether his persona is a schtick he uses to fleece the rubes in the heartland of their money. The real test in my mind is whether he's really going to impose the same strictures on his daughters as he advocates for the average SAHD. Part of me expects Liberty to run off to live the life of a Manhattan hipster with Dad's private, never-to-be-publicly-admitted approval.

It did take me a long-ass time to find Jennifer's FB, DH! :lol: I worked on that post for a few weeks.

Will Doug loosen his grip? I doubt it. I just want ONE of the Phillips girls to run away. I don't even care which one. But if I had to guess, I'd go with Jubilee. She seems so brainy (maybe it's the glasses); I can see her struggling over the college issue.

Oh yes!!! And she's soooo sweet too! She'll add anybody to her facebook that asks, and she and I talked a few times. She is SUCH a sweetheart!!!!!

Thank you for that link! Those pictures are absolutely DEFRAUDING!! I wonder if Dougies friends like Pete and Scottie know about his sisters? hahaha!! Great!!

IIRC, according to Knight (a VF insider type who visited us) there are some differences in the public Doug and the non-public. It will be quite interesting to see what happens to all these kids.

Archived