IGNORED

Is anyone else disturbed by this hair?

FrancineFishpaw

Here's what I don't get about those who marry serial philanderers- if he'll cheat WITH you, he'll cheat ON you. So many women justify their relationships by claiming they're so different than the previous wife, he would never do that to them, etc. Guess what- wife #1 said that as well...so did wife #2.

Maybe they are just after his money or love them some limelight. As I said: I'd happily pass on my aging hb to a younger one if he wanted to leave. But sure as hell they would leave a few hundred Ks lighter. :whistle: And, I'd attach some high fiber meal recipes and magnetic bands for his knee, so I'd totally marry them off.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They may possibly have an open relationship with an understanding.

I don't think that flies with his converting to Catholicism, and her being portrayed as such a devout Catholic.

I don't care how dispicable someone's spouse is, no one deserves to be cheated on (not saying Gingrich's spouses were terrible, but just noting how cheaters justify this sort of thing). Be honest, get a freaking divorce, and then go screw anyone else who is free to do so (not married).

And to women like Callista, no, you're really not all that. If he has a whim to do so, he will cheat on you, too, in a NY second.

I hate cheaters - can you tell?

Absolutely NO ONE deserves to be cheated on. I'm in the hate cheaters boat with you Austin.

I never really get into talking about anyone's looks because largely it doesn't matter. But with Callista Gingrich, her appearance has all kinds of really negative signifiers.

What does it say about a woman who is my age peer, who was in college when Nirvana was still a band, who has had access to abortion during her entire fertile life, who came of age during a time when women had so many options, who decides to turn herself woman we see today.

She has a music degree, when younger she looked like Tilda Swinton with a Muffy haircut, and she had and still has many options available to her, yet with all those choices before her, she decides to become this woman, this strange carapace that evokes the uncanny valley more than a character from Tim Burton movie about Martians.

Think about what all of this says about her, and the conclusion you are forced to reach is scary.

At 26 she decided to become the long-term mistress of a man who had already left a terminally-ill wife. Pushing 50, he didn't look much different then than he does now. So a slim, handsome, educated woman decided to become a long term mistress of a fat, unattractive, philandering, heartless man not known for having much in the way of charisma AND she married him when he left his second very ill wife. She did this while maintaining a facade of being a devout Roman Catholic, encouraging Newt, twice-divorced, censured for fraud and the sort of man who leaves sick women for a newer model, to convert to Catholicism as if it even mattered at that point. If the couple really does have an open marriage it is all the more confounding. These are decisions that do not make sense on the most basic levels given who both of these people are.

It can't just be money. There are richer men out there who would have fallen for the young Callista. And it certainly isn't looks. More important, Newt was washed up politically when she married him (and he still is - if he gets the GOP nomination Obama will win in a landslide). Is it because Newt is easily manipulated by her? Who knows.

The woman's face and hair and clothes all are a part of how she does not make a lick of sense. Turning herself into that bizarre automaton is no different logically to me than pursuing a man like Newt when she was a young woman. No more sense than being a devout Catholic and marrying a twice-divorced man with ethics violations and a wake of sick women behind him. No more sense than taking that lovely Tilda face and turning it into something that does not ping as wholly human when you look at it.

Callista is scary to me because she simply makes no damn sense. Visually, she is confusing. In an age where youth, for better or worse, sets the tone for appearance, why has she decided that looking like my mother rather than my sister is a good idea? And it's not even the fact that she has chosen to age herself at least 20 years into the future. Even the woman she is most compared to - Cindy McCain - did not evoke this reaction. When looking at Cindy McCain, one could say, "She's pretty, but wow, that's a lot of surgery!" When you look at Callista, the immediate reaction of the average person regardless of age is to recoil. Not because she is ugly, not because she looks so old, but because she does not look entirely human.

From what I have read and heard, they had a six-year affair while he was married to Wife 2 and he only asked for a divorce after Wife 2 would not agree to an open relationship, though Callista was in agreement with it. Not very strict catholic of her after all.

I am sure the severe, older look is deliberate to avoid her portrayal as a bimbo or a trollop. And it does look really, really fake.

(I am not saying that she should be called out as a bimbo or a trollop, but they definitely have their reasons for this level of fakey-tude.)

And even if he seemed to be a political failure when they got together, he was still filthy rich with loads of career prospects.

What bugs me the most about the whole scene is while he was happily screwing around on his sacred heterosexual union(s), he was also leading the lynch mob in what Jon Stewart called "the scavenger hunt for Bill Clinton's penis".

OMG, Brain, that's the most excellent thing I've seen all day - stealing it for my fb wall!

It's been making the rounds there. I love it. He's just such s sleezebag.

Does anyone know if Newt's first and second marriages were annulled? If not, he and Callista may be legally married, but they are not married in the eyes of Holy Mother Church. So much for her being a good Catholic girl.

Does anyone know if Newt's first and second marriages were annulled? If not, he and Callista may be legally married, but they are not married in the eyes of Holy Mother Church. So much for her being a good Catholic girl.

I believe they were, I remember being really pissed about it.

Haligh the Liar wrote:

Here's what I don't get about those who marry serial philanderers- if he'll cheat WITH you, he'll cheat ON you. So many women justify their relationships by claiming they're so different than the previous wife, he would never do that to them, etc. Guess what- wife #1 said that as well...so did wife #2.

As a one time mistress, we are truly, incredibly THAT stupid. Every cliche you've heard about a cheating man and "the other woman" is probably true. We do believe that we're "different." We do believe we're soulmates. The wife is totally dismissive, cruel, uncaring and she only married him because she wanted to get married. The wife doesn't truly love him, she's just a maneating harpy.

Yes, there are otherwise intelligent, well read, cultured, educated, rational, caring, compassionate, well mannered, and kind women who can truly be THAT stupid. Why are we that stupid? I don't know about the Gingrich wives, but I am a Freudian nightmare. My father is a narcissist whose love was always conditional. I've been dating narcissists my whole life trying to get one to love me unconditionally.

And yes, if he cheated WITH you, he WILL cheat on you. When my ex (who had finally semi-separated from his wife and yet in 3 YEARS never even brought up the subject of divorce) cheated on me and left me, I was devastated. But I did realize that I got what I deserved. I sent the estranged wife a note telling her how sorry I was and how I hoped my pain helped her with her - and I was not being facetious - I realized exactly what I had done to this woman and if knowing I was heartbroken made her happy, I wanted that for her.

BTW, never did it before, would never do it again. I feel regret and shame every single day since. Feel free to judge me. I deserve it.

I had no idea she was that young; I just assumed she was mid-50s with a lot of work. I'm three years older and don't look nearly that...interesting.

I'm your age, took Dr. Oz' "real age" for the face and with NO work - Calista is a poster child for bad botox or possibly a brow lift gone bad - came out 10 years younger than my actual age. Did I mention I got carded buying champagne for a Christmas party? Sure as hell wouldn't happen with the latest Mrs. Gingrich.

I think Newtie dumps her inside of 5 years; he doesn't seem to like 'em >50.

As a one time mistress, we are truly, incredibly THAT stupid. Every cliche you've heard about a cheating man and "the other woman" is probably true. We do believe that we're "different." We do believe we're soulmates. The wife is totally dismissive, cruel, uncaring and she only married him because she wanted to get married. The wife doesn't truly love him, she's just a maneating harpy.

Yes, there are otherwise intelligent, well read, cultured, educated, rational, caring, compassionate, well mannered, and kind women who can truly be THAT stupid. Why are we that stupid? I don't know about the Gingrich wives, but I am a Freudian nightmare. My father is a narcissist whose love was always conditional. I've been dating narcissists my whole life trying to get one to love me unconditionally.

And yes, if he cheated WITH you, he WILL cheat on you. When my ex (who had finally semi-separated from his wife and yet in 3 YEARS never even brought up the subject of divorce) cheated on me and left me, I was devastated. But I did realize that I got what I deserved. I sent the estranged wife a note telling her how sorry I was and how I hoped my pain helped her with her - and I was not being facetious - I realized exactly what I had done to this woman and if knowing I was heartbroken made her happy, I wanted that for her.

BTW, never did it before, would never do it again. I feel regret and shame every single day since. Feel free to judge me. I deserve it.

*hug* Everyone makes mistakes and does things they regret. Speaking from the wife-who's-been-"cheated"-on's point of view I would never judge you, and I hope you're able to move on and find peace. You learned a valuable lesson, now don't beat yourself up over it anymore, you're a wonderful person.

There is quite a contrast between the tiny reptilian slits that are the Newts eyes and Callista's :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw your comment and immediately thought of David Ickes!

Did anyone see this yet?

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2012/01/gin ... n-marriage

The Ghost of Wife No. 2 hit the stage of the Republican presidential campaign on Thursday, when hours before the final debate in South Carolina, ABC News reported that Marianne Gingrich had said that Gingrich, while having an affair with Wife No. 3-to-be, asked her for an "open marriage," in which Marianne would share Gingrich with his then-mistress.

. . .

Actually, a few weeks later, Newt did settle the divorce. That was before he or Callista had to turn over records and be deposed. Marianne received a decent deal (I was told), and the details of Newt's private life would remain private. Yet as he now attempts a Nixon-like comeback, Marianne is speaking out and placing in public view some of what she did not squeeze out of Newt during their time in court, demonstrating that it's never too late for a bitter divorce to get worse.

There's lots of interesting stuff in between those quotes, primarily about the divorce, and I always find it interesting just how much money these guys make.

It might not be a bad idea to hide their kids, too.

Yes... I'm afraid so. [attachment=0]DSCN5397'2.jpg[/attachment]

(Haha sorry I just had to attach this picture.)

She's 45? I call bullshit!

Yeah, no kidding! She looks way older, with that "zombie" stare too!

Btw, love yr username. "Polyester" is such a funny film! :lol:

Guest Anonymous
Newt.png

Look at the bright side, Brainsample. At least he's not squirreling away an oil portrait a la Dorian Gray. His character is ALREADY visible on his face.

Archived