IGNORED

Guest post from Jessica and Chad....

Guest purposing

Guest Anonymous

stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/2012/01/guest-post-from-jessica.html

She has moved!!!!! She is pregnant!!!! The new homeschool curriculum is called ATI!!!!!

And many other points of exclamation.

A commenter is asking about Candy... shall we help her out?

"We are so undeserving of children but LOOK we are going to have SIX OF THEM NOW!"

Really Jessica? Might as well just say "God loves us more than you!"

I haven't gotten past the intro that appears in Google reader.

Something does not connect or feel right, at all, when reading Zsu's blog and she says blessing. Zsu and blessing seem so totally contradictory to me. The word blessing, or its meaning even in fundie land, does not work in my mind when Zsu is present there also.

Zsu saying blessing with meaning behind it is as fake and false to me as if she said respect.

OK, off to see what Latisha has to say.

23 acres of land is nice. It's nicer when you don't have to live on it with a controlling husband who reminds people of a serial killer.

Well, I see she hasn't lost her love of the exclamation point (and did she really use the word "gonna" in a sentence?).

I wonder how many microwaves one can fit on 23 acres of land?

Well, I see she hasn't lost her love of the exclamation point (and did she really use the word "gonna" in a sentence?).

I wonder how many microwaves one can fit on 23 acres of land?

I missed you twinny.

20 minutes from the nearest grocery store?! Sounds like hell. Doesn't the ice cream melt on the way home? God forbid you forget something, and it's not like you can just run out for milk and bread.

I guess I am not a country person.

20 minutes from the nearest grocery store?! Sounds like hell. Doesn't the ice cream melt on the way home? God forbid you forget something, and it's not like you can just run out for milk and bread.

Yes, the icecream melts is super hot weather, that's why you use an insulated bag. I live in the country,but we have a tiny Mom and Pop store for emergency milk runs and coffee creamer. I wouldn't want 23 acres though, I can barely do anything with 3.:/

Some of my relatives live in rural areas and some small towns do have grocery stores that are more expensive to shop at than a chain store. My relatives do travel to other towns to shop at chain stores. Stuff like ice cream doesn't melt if you get home within about an hour of leaving the store. My aunt lives about 30 minutes from a chain store and she used one of the insulated type bags to put certain foods in, to keep them cool

Jessica talked about trying to find land to farm on in her blog a few times and a FJer who lives in her area said that her house was on the market this summer. I believe Jessica is 27 or 28, I see her having a double digit number of kids.

23 acres of land is nice. It's nicer when you don't have to live on it with a controlling husband who reminds people of a serial killer.

I'm not sure what Chad looks like, but I think Zsu's hubby looks like a killer. He very creepily reminds me of the OKC bomber and the Columbine killer. Then when you hear him talk about the government and all that hatred in him-he sounds like them too and that scares me. I don't like Zsu, but I actually feel a little bad for her. She married a major creep. She is so isolated and though she talks about how blessed she is, blah blah blah, you can tell she is worn out. She talks about how awful everyone else is, but really, I can't help but wonder if she says such things because she is trying to convince herself her life is great even though she's not happy. A lot of people I know who constantly have to espose how happy they are and how great life is are usually not happy in reality. They are saying those things to convince others and themselves more than anything that things are good, even when they aren't. Genuinely happy people don't need to constantly remind everyone they are happy-it shows in their writing (in blogs), their actions and their behaviour. Nothing needs said.

It is about 15 minutes for me. As another poster said, in the summer you bring a cooler of some sort... And there are a few mom and pop stores closer, but the closest doesn't really have much at all.

And I'm in an area with one acre lots, so it's not hard to get far from a grocery store.

I lived on 45 acres 20 miles from a 'real' store. You adapt. To this day I carry a cooler in the back of my car. You learn to make a list and follow it, do without if you forget something and keep a larder stocked.

When folks like these buy undeveloped land I wonder how deeply they thought out stuff like wells and water, soil and drainage, long term climate trends etc.

When folks like these buy undeveloped land I wonder how deeply they thought out stuff like wells and water, soil and drainage, long term climate trends etc.

I was wondering that too. Also if they'd even researched the restrictions to building on a piece of undeveloped land.

Yeah, srsly. We recently looked for a house to buy in Michigan. I always thought I'd like to live in the woods. We found a place that was only 15 miles from town, MUCH closer to shopping etc. than Jessica's new place. But the radon levels were high, there were issues with being on a private road and how that would get plowed in winter, and then the septic inspector couldn't find the drainage field. We decided to pass. We're buying a very nice older home only a mile from where we live now. My husband won't have a longer commute over snowy roads. He'll be very close to work, and that's worth a lot to me. I've been totally spoiled by renting a place in town. I actually like having neighbors and I happily watch kids walking to school and go "aww, cute!" instead of monitoring the state of their modesty apparel. I'd love to keep chickens, but country living has its downsides.

And if they didn't do a perc test before planning to install a septic system, they might be sorry later . . . but oh well, maybe they're just planning to build an outhouse. Hope it's not too close to the well. Assuming they can drill down to water. But maybe they just plan to have Oldest Girl walk to the creek every day with a bucket. Assuming there is a creek . . . .

I lived on 45 acres 20 miles from a 'real' store. You adapt. To this day I carry a cooler in the back of my car. You learn to make a list and follow it, do without if you forget something and keep a larder stocked.

I think Jessica and Chad probably have thought about it. I remember her saying they wanted land to farm on, so they are probably looking into well costs and water issues. If they haven't looked into those issues, it will hit them later on.

Well, it should be easier for Chad to isolate the family now!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!! God is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Exactly! When you're surrounded by 23 acres of land, nobody can hear you "train" your children.

Yeah, srsly. We recently looked for a house to buy in Michigan. I always thought I'd like to live in the woods. We found a place that was only 15 miles from town, MUCH closer to shopping etc. than Jessica's new place. But the radon levels were high, there were issues with being on a private road and how that would get plowed in winter, and then the septic inspector couldn't find the drainage field. We decided to pass. We're buying a very nice older home only a mile from where we live now. My husband won't have a longer commute over snowy roads. He'll be very close to work, and that's worth a lot to me. I've been totally spoiled by renting a place in town. I actually like having neighbors and I happily watch kids walking to school and go "aww, cute!" instead of monitoring the state of their modesty apparel. I'd love to keep chickens, but country living has its downsides.

And if they didn't do a perc test before planning to install a septic system, they might be sorry later . . . but oh well, maybe they're just planning to build an outhouse. Hope it's not too close to the well. Assuming they can drill down to water. But maybe they just plan to have Oldest Girl walk to the creek every day with a bucket. Assuming there is a creek . . . .

all this

We have a well, septic tank, long private drive the township doesn't plow, etc, etc. When the power goes out, we DO walk to the creek to get buckets of water to flush the toilet, it ain't fun.

Plus, " how me and my family have been" ? Hope ATI includes some good grammar lessons.

This.

I bought this house about a year ago, I had a septic test first thing before I bought it. I don't have a well, so it's not an issue there. (I live in an odd county, where the ag water dept also decided to put in piped water to a lot of areas. Some of my more rural friends have both piped and wells. Yet if it snows heavy enough our power goes out, sometimes for more than a week- It makes me so confused when other electric companies get bad press for long power outtages, yet it is a normal thing for us!) I also had an engineer look at the foundation and soil. If you don't have soil that can be compacted correctly, it can be a lot more expensive to build a foundation too!. My foundation is typical for the area, but it is something that could make a bank nervous, so I figured I'd have the letter in hand that it was normal and stable before I bought the place. And it didn't budge in the 4.something quake we had a few months ago, which is abnormal for this part of CA.

In Oregon if you buy an existing property with a septic it must be inspected and pumped. If your home or dirt has an existing well it must be tested for a range of toxins and bacteria, the well must also have a sustainable flow rate. To install a septic on raw land perc tests must be run and leach field distances between well heads or stand pipes must be observed based on topographic surveys.In some areas standpipes are not permitted in lieu of wells. In Oregon you must also have proved up water rights if you are pumping surface water from creeks or rivers for agricultural purposes or for use in on a homestead. We were lucky our water rights had been filed but not proved up so that was another $10K.

It was my experience that homeowners ins. was frightfully expensive, because we were in a RFD and had no access to hydrants. We made our insurance affordable by buying generators, pumps and pipe to provide firefighters with an adequate water supply at the homestead should we need it.

It also cost us another $7k to improve the existing domestic water supply from 3 wells and two springs. This improvement also included 4000 gal of water storage that had to be maintained.

I wonder how they will interact with other ATI families because Chad seems like such a jerk I can't imagine him being nice to anyone outside of his family unite.

Archived