IGNORED

I think the Duggars need to buy 19 of these

2 much chickenetti

OMG, I so wish I'd had one of those growing up. It would have saved me and my sister from soooooooo many fights.

But then they'd have to buy twin beds for Hannie, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie!

And they only come in twin/twin XL, so the girls with full/queen beds would be SOL.

Begone evil device. No way they don't want anyone to have privacy. no five-fingered friendships allowed in that house. The cameras could not keep track of the kids.

What, and let the kids have privacy?

God that looks like a death trap.

Nah, it looks like a zip-up tent that sits on your bed. A bit silly, but if they came in nice colors *I* would like one. (But then, I'm the sort of person who thinks sitting in my closet is cozy and who likes sleeping with my head under the blankets. I'm probably not your normal buying demographic, and while I have no doubt that there are enough people like me if you are selling to the entire country, that still doesn't make this product a must-have for most of the population.)

Begone evil device. No way they don't want anyone to have privacy. no five-fingered friendships allowed in that house. The cameras could not keep track of the kids.

Exactly. Allow any privacy at all, and how are their siblings going to keep surveillance on each other? They might masturbate, or read forbidden materials, or keep a secret diary--if they aren't doing anything wrong, why would they need privacy, given that view?

That said, I know people who would love this thing--including one guy who currently sleeps on a platform bed in his closet because he only sleeps well when he's in a small, cave-like space. And if motels that offered twin beds weren't an extinct species, I'd buy one--it would make road trips with my mother possible (she's an extreme early-to-bedder, I'm the one who sits up until 3:00AM reading, and paying for two rooms gets ridiculous).

But then they'd have to buy twin beds for Hannie, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie!

And they only come in twin/twin XL, so the girls with full/queen beds would be SOL.

The older girls can't have privacy... They might do naughty things if they are alone for more than 5 minutes.

My kids would love those, they are always building tents in their rooms(and out of their rooms).

Agree with those who say this would be a no go due to the Duggars not allowing any sort of privacy.

OMG, my kids would love them, but they won't fit in the bunk beds (my 2 littles share the worlds biggest bedroom). I'm already planning on tenting my sons bottom bunk (putting his top sheet around the side of his bed, hanging from the top bunk - he won't use the sheet anyway!), and I'd like to figure something for my daughters top bunk.. I can't afford to build the wall to divide their room in 2 yet (and it will be a real wall, not like that crazy lady whose kids sleep on shelves)...the room already has 2 heating/ac vents and 3 windows that will divide perfectly!

I think they look brilliant. I know that my youngest son who has mild autism would find something like this really soothing ( in fact when we re-organise our bedrooms this year I may try and find this kind of thing over here)

And it would be good for children in big families who have some kind of autism diagnosis and need to be alone ( I always think it's really fortunate that none of the Duggars have special needs or require special diets, that kind of individiualised care would be challenging in a big family)

This. I agree that is the reason Boob and Mullet would never allow those in the house.

OMG, my kids would love them, but they won't fit in the bunk beds (my 2 littles share the worlds biggest bedroom). I'm already planning on tenting my sons bottom bunk (putting his top sheet around the side of his bed, hanging from the top bunk - he won't use the sheet anyway!), and I'd like to figure something for my daughters top bunk.. I can't afford to build the wall to divide their room in 2 yet (and it will be a real wall, not like that crazy lady whose kids sleep on shelves)...the room already has 2 heating/ac vents and 3 windows that will divide perfectly!

You could always run a curtain along the ceiling. I had a 'canopy' bed as a kid that was curtains hung on tracks in the ceiling. I know IKEA sells cheap wire systems to do the same thing. At my dad's house, I had a bunkbed in the livingroom, so I had a little pup-tent sort of thing on top (on the bottom was a desk area for me). They probably still make them. They're a lot lower profile than these Pop-tent things, so not so good for sitting up and playing in the top bunk, just for privacy and shutting out light. I'd do the curtain suspended from ceiling, if it were me.

You could always run a curtain along the ceiling. I had a 'canopy' bed as a kid that was curtains hung on tracks in the ceiling. I know IKEA sells cheap wire systems to do the same thing. At my dad's house, I had a bunkbed in the livingroom, so I had a little pup-tent sort of thing on top (on the bottom was a desk area for me). They probably still make them. They're a lot lower profile than these Pop-tent things, so not so good for sitting up and playing in the top bunk, just for privacy and shutting out light. I'd do the curtain suspended from ceiling, if it were me.

I was thinking something along those lines, I will have to check out IKEAs website, thanks!

I really needed one of these when I was in college and my roommate and her boyfriend were doing very defrauding things on the other side of the room.

Guest Anonymous

I was thinking something along those lines, I will have to check out IKEAs website, thanks!

The Ikea system is called Kvartal, I use it for hanging curtains around a difficult bay window, but it can also be suspended from the ceiling to divide a room. It works well as long as you are absolutely meticulous in fixing the rails level to each other (making fine adjustments if your ceiling is not perfectly level, to ensure that the runners are). It is quite a cheap solution too. :)

Archived