IGNORED

Petiton to cancel 19KAC

graciebeth

Just signed!

I also went on TLC's site and emailed them about canceling the show a week after Jubilee's death announcement came out.

I just hope there isn't a backlash against the younger Duggars by JB and Mullet (ie, blanket training going overboard, stricter rules, etc).

If the show gets cancelled, I'll bet that within a year Smugger gets busted on a sex or drug charge.

DUI!!! Resisting arrest! I can see it on TMZ now. :twisted: :lol:

What would be better! Going the David Hasslehoff route, where the daughter films him drunk and eating a burger in the bathroom!!!! :lol:

If the show gets cancelled, I'll bet that within a year Smugger gets busted on a sex or drug charge.

I can imagine driving offences, but would he even know where to get drugs? And what sex crime do you think he'd get done for?

I've signed as Daenerys Targaryen and added a little rant ;)

If the show get's cancelled, I can see Michelle turning into the Mullet version of Hitler. What will the poor princess do when the cameras are no longer on her? Maybe she will just continue her routine of doing nothing and living in her bedroom away from her "blessings".

How about a divorce instead of a sex tape? Smuggar could decide that Anna is too expensive to keep around and toss her out on her arse. Then, she goes back home to Florida with all of the Grand Duggars making him once again a bachelor. Then, the little house becomes like the fundie version of Playboy Mansion.

Not trying to be negative, but petitions like this rarely work. But I do think the Duggars' TV series days are numbered. Prior to Michelle announcing her pregnancy 19KAC didn't do too well ratings last summer before the World Tour specials. I think TLC knows that the interest Duggars since the miscarriage is dwindling. The Duggars have lost some supporters. I think if TLC axes the show after this season, we will likely see update specials in 2013.

Petition the advertisers, not TLC.

To petition the advertisers, you need to send two letters: one to the product/company itself and one to the media buying advertising agency (NOT the agency who does their creative, but the agency who buys and places the ads, who decide which programs to run advertising in).

When I bought ads in 19KAC (haven't in over a year now), one :30 commercial in an original 19KAC cost between $30,000-75,000, depending on the advertiser and episode. As long as those dollars are coming in, TLC doesn't care how many people sign a petition.

Television networks are run by advertisers; advertisers are run by the consumers.

If the viewing public stops watching this show, it will be canceled.

The show puts on exhibit the hypocrisy of modern evangelical Christians. That is a good thing. I hope that they have more shows like this so that the world can see how twisted the Right's agenda actually is.

The exploitation of children is a serious issue. However even if the show is canceled, those loopholes still exist. A better position would be to fight against such loopholes so that reality TV shows can't dodge child protection laws.

I could see Smuggar getting busted in a sleazy hotel room with a hooker and an eight-ball..that or somebody coming out of the woodwork claiming that Smuggar fathered their child.

ETA: I just signed the petition to end the show :)

I could see Smuggar getting busted in a sleazy hotel room with a hooker and an eight-ball..[\quote]

OMA how did you find out about that? C'mon, the charges were dropped! it was only one night! He said it was private!!!

Kelly B From Tennessee signed and said "It's not Godly!"

Wouldn't that be hilarious if it was Kelly Bates!?

No such luck but, they have a lot of people in the family whose signiture counts! That would be the ultimate middlefingers in the duggars' face.

Archived