IGNORED

Rebecca!!!!!!!! posted more photos

WonderingInWA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole thing is way over the top for my taste, but I'm not snarking on people who don't reach out and attempt to rule my life, as do the Duggers, Doug, etal.

Rebecca and her family are people who are genuinely trying to live their own lives, who love each other, and who post pictures of their happiness.

Ain't goin' there.

I think someone might have already posted a thread about this.

Although either way, I've got to say that those bridesmaid's dresses are horrific (and so shiny you might need to wear sunglasses to avoid blindness). yikes.

This is the second round of photos from the same event (the original round was posted in October). It must have been a huge event for their family, but boy, they are an unfortunate bunch with those dresses. Yikes.

I kinda like Mom's dress, as it has a variety of fabric. The pastel shiny fabric on the daughters' dresses is something else - I've seen that fabric used in costumes, and it's just plain not comfortable, in addition to the wide flat expanses of ZOMG shiny! It just doesn't really stretch - if it's the stuff I'm remembering, and it sure looks the same.

But yeah I much prefer the daily look, long skirts and all, in the winter walking pics. Interesting to see she likes cold winter days too - I also do :)

When I saw the picture with the caption "I couldn't help crying!" I had to think to myself I'd be crying too if I had to wear that dress.

I've got to give credit to the person who made the cake. It does look beautiful.

I think Rebecca has pain in her gaze, but that could just be my spin on it. I think she knows she's probably getting on in years and it doesn't seem like they socialize with anyone who has boys her age. She doesn't even know how to drive (her dad is just starting to teach her now, and I think she's 20 or 21). And she's been homeschooled but it seems, based on her writing skills, not very well. Aside from decorating cakes, I can't imagine what she does with her time other than wait for someone to drive her somewhere.

A family who love each other. It's apparent. Hope Rebecca!!!!!!!!!finds the same love someday.

The 80's sure messed up a lot of folks wedding photos. I managed to escape by being retro Edwardian hippie - didn't look 80's at all. Thankfully.

Anyone notice the words on the sanctuary wall behind the bride in one of the photos, about halfway down? Looks to say, "its unspeakable." ;)

Looks like a good time was had by all.

I think Rebecca has pain in her gaze, but that could just be my spin on it. I think she knows she's probably getting on in years and it doesn't seem like they socialize with anyone who has boys her age. She doesn't even know how to drive (her dad is just starting to teach her now, and I think she's 20 or 21). And she's been homeschooled but it seems, based on her writing skills, not very well. Aside from decorating cakes, I can't imagine what she does with her time other than wait for someone to drive her somewhere.

Yeah. She seems to have "oldest kid syndrome" in that she's always the oldest in her regular crowds, so is socialized younger. At least that's just the feeling I get from the pics. When the only kids around you are 5 and 6 years younger, your interests sorta skew young out of necessity.

I'll admit, I don't drive either and I'm in my 40's - I know I should learn. But I've always lived in urban areas and so got along without it - it was strictly forbidden in my high school anyway, and then later on it was all urban areas and not owning a car to learn on. I can't imagine living in the sort of place she does (again, just judging by the pics of their own house - seems semi-rural exurban or at least far suburban) and not driving. In fact I'm sort of surprised she's learning so late, you'd think her parents would want an extra errand-girl around.

The 80's sure messed up a lot of folks wedding photos.

Heh. Not just wedding pics either, unfortunately...! We will not speak of my high school years, no no no...

Heh. Not just wedding pics either, unfortunately...! We will not speak of my high school years, no no no...

I agree. I had enough makeup and hairspray in my 1986 highschool photo to cover everyone in the make up wearing world for years. The blush and eye liner alone... (cringe)

I'll admit, I don't drive either and I'm in my 40's - I know I should learn. But I've always lived in urban areas and so got along without it - it was strictly forbidden in my high school anyway, and then later on it was all urban areas and not owning a car to learn on. I can't imagine living in the sort of place she does (again, just judging by the pics of their own house - seems semi-rural exurban or at least far suburban) and not driving. In fact I'm sort of surprised she's learning so late, you'd think her parents would want an extra errand-girl around.

GVC - I got my learners permit in my 30's, and now -- WRRROOOOOOOOMMMM! Driving is the best thing ever. (and I say that as someone who spent most of their life in rural areas). game changing. Totally worth it :)

I know some have said that the dad looks like a creeper, but I honestly don't see that. I do think he's just very, very awkward and not someone who tends to show a lot of outward emotion other than smiling. I think Rebecca just inherited the awkward and besides that was socialized very young. I mean, I was too, a lot of my friends growing up were younger because... well, I'm already upset about Hometown tonight, I won't get into it...

Those are some unfortunate dresses, though. The little girls' dresses are pretty nice, though, any girl would wear those dresses.

I grew up where driver's training was provided by the evil public school district (which is where I was educated) at age 14 because we had farms in our community and kids needed licenses to operate the farm equipment.

Again, I just can't imagine what she does all day at the trailer until someone offers to drive her somewhere. Oh, right, she decorates cakes with her mother (how many cakes do people really need that are decorated like that -- all that awful Crisco-looking frosting that is so out of style). I guess I'm just horrified overall looking at her photos that she probably doesn't know the world doesn't live like that and she doesn't have to. Another victim of choices her parents have made for her and she doesn't even question it.

BTW, her "father" isn't her biological father. He married her, um, beautiful mother who already had her and Annah (and then I guess also a son who died in the line of military service). I'd love to know the story on the father. I guess I should buy his book!

I know many couples renew their vows, but at 20 years? And recreating an actual wedding? Other than the Duggars I've never known anyone to do that. Is it a fundie thing.

I have heard of people doing vow renewals because, for whatever reason, they didn't get to have the traditional, big wedding the first time even though that's what they wanted, so they do a vow renewal in order to have that "dream wedding."

Guest Anonymous

Those pictures depress me. I find it interesting that having access to the World Wide Web doesn't seem to clue her in much to the very different outside world. They must have a filter.

Guest Anonymous
Its four months later and they are still posting this stuff? Come on folks its not like this woman has a packed schedule.

The odd thing is that it is actually 2 years and 4 months later. She started that post to commemorate their 22nd Anniversary, and said she was going to do so by putting up pics of the 20th anniversary vow renewal....

Archived