IGNORED

Newt surging while Frothy fades

Witsec7

If I remember correctly, he's bought a ton of airtime/commercials in FL. He won't make it out of FL, but I'm pretty sure he's going.

Actually I think newt has a chance against Obama, I don't believe Mitt does. The republicans see newt as an intellect and they really think that he can be on equal footing with Obama during a presidential debate cycle.

Really? From the impression I got, nobody particularly likes Newt except for a hardcore group of followers, which would mean he would do ok in the primaries, but terribly in the general election. Nobody seems enthusiastic about Romney now, but he would be less offensive to moderates/undecideds than Newt.

Out of all of them, I think Huntsman would have had the best chance against Obama in a general election- but obviously that was not to be.

I'm curious about some of our FJ conservatives/Republicans -- who are you guys rooting for in the primaries? I feel like all I see in the media anymore is the variety of conservatives that can only really yell about hating the gayz and how we should be a religious Christian state and also, poor people should just die already and really, children should be put to work if they're poor. I don't really feel like we're hearing from the non-hysterical, non-super fundie side of things on the Republican side.

I see that Newt is already trying to remake himself as God's candidate. He had his daughters on CNN talking about what a changed man he is and how he's gotten right with God lately.

All I can think anytime I see the news is

fr8DIg3oHFI

I'm curious about some of our FJ conservatives/Republicans -- who are you guys rooting for in the primaries? I feel like all I see in the media anymore is the variety of conservatives that can only really yell about hating the gayz and how we should be a religious Christian state and also, poor people should just die already and really, children should be put to work if they're poor. I don't really feel like we're hearing from the non-hysterical, non-super fundie side of things on the Republican side.

I'm a moderate/independent, but I know a lot of conservatives from life on the fundie-farm. There are definitely some Newt fans, but a lot of the fundies I know are actually Ron Paul supporters. They don't like his views on regulating abortion, but many do like his small government stance and emphasis on personal responsibility. When I hear people talk about Santorum, most praise his pro-life views, but then describe him as "unelectable". And, while this doesn't entirely make sense to me, I've heard several people try to explain that they like Newt better because he comes across as a Christian who just happens to be Catholic while they see Santorum as just too Catholic. I'm pretty sure these same people don't even have a clue how bigoted that sounds.

Really? From the impression I got, nobody particularly likes Newt except for a hardcore group of followers, which would mean he would do ok in the primaries, but terribly in the general election. Nobody seems enthusiastic about Romney now, but he would be less offensive to moderates/undecideds than Newt.

Out of all of them, I think Huntsman would have had the best chance against Obama in a general election- but obviously that was not to be.

Newt is the type of guy I just wanna hit in the back of the head with a shovel.

Archived