IGNORED

Nathan & Melanie wedding photos/report:

Justme

On 11/3/2017 at 7:48 AM, Eternalbluepearl said:

As far as Melanie's fertility: I was told in my early 20's that I was infertile. I was married and had unprotected sex for 8 years with nothing happening. All of a sudden, I got pregnant and miscarried. Then got pregnant 3 more times back to back like a very fertile person. I am now due next month with that 4th pregnancy and I never had infertility help. Strange things do happen. 

Catherine de Medici didn't get pregnant for the first 10 years of her marriage, then she had 10 babies in 12 years. 

No idea how this happens, but apparently it does.

Congrats on the impending arrival!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Catherine de Medici didn't get pregnant for the first 10 years of her marriage, then she had 10 babies in 12 years. 

No idea how this happens, but apparently it does.

Congrats on the impending arrival!

Her womb was slightly malformed, which shouldn't have been a problem, but his penis was both curved downwards and had a shortened urethra, which meant his sperm just didn't make it far enough. 

Their doctor advised them to do it doggie style to make sure the downwards slant of the royal prick worked for them and not against them and wham blam thank you ma'am ten kids. 

i've been to two weddings with no alcohol at the receptions.  one had alcoholics in the family and didn't want any issues.  the other was purely financial--they couldn't cut the guest list without excluding people they genuinely wanted to invite, but couldn't afford an open bar (and felt a cash bar was tacky).  so they went with a basic buffet and fountain drinks.  there was dancing at both receptions, and everyone had a good time.

I have no idea what happened with Catherine de Medici, so this isn't a commentary on her, just a fun fact: often when you see royal couples in the Middle Ages not having children for several years after their marriage, it's literally because they weren't having sex. They might marry at 13 or 14, but not consummate the marriage (or even live together) for several years after that. 

At one point they were so inbred they also couldn't reproduce. Louis XVI of France had his penis fused to his balls and needed it surgically detached before he could have sex. Charles II of Spain never went through puberty (he also had a tongue too big to fit inside his jaw and what we would today call developmental delays). And those are the ones we know about - I suspect there are a few more where the queen did what she had to do to produce an heir. Anne of Austria had only two children and both were born after she'd slept with her husband one single time (not sure if that was infertility or just a preference for other men on his part). Either they were very, very lucky with their timing and her ovulation cycle, or there was a little bit of extra-marital help.

Fun fact: the Pharaohs, who routinely married siblings to each other, weren't actually that inbred - it may have been customary for the couple to adopt children one of them had had with someone else. (They still were a little inbred, so maybe that was a last resort custom).

7 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

At one point they were so inbred they also couldn't reproduce. Louis XVI of France had his penis fused to his balls and needed it surgically detached before he could have sex. Charles II of Spain never went through puberty (he also had a tongue too big to fit inside his jaw and what we would today call developmental delays). And those are the ones we know about - I suspect there are a few more where the queen did what she had to do to produce an heir. Anne of Austria had only two children and both were born after she'd slept with her husband one single time (not sure if that was infertility or just a preference for other men on his part). Either they were very, very lucky with their timing and her ovulation cycle, or there was a little bit of extra-marital help.

Whoa Nelly, there's a lot going on here. I have never heard that Louis XVI's penis was 'fused to his balls'. This is almost certainly false and most definitely not a historical fact. Anne of Austria had several stillbirths - while she might have conceived them all by sleeping with men other than her husband, the internal logic of that rumour kind of falls apart there. Most monarchs actually weren't inbred enough to cause major physical issues. The Habsburgs, by the time they got to Charles II, definitely had some major issues due to inbreeding, though. It would have been extremely risky for a queen to try to secretly conceive an heir via a man who was not her husband, so that was most likely not a regular occurrence.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Whoa Nelly, there's a lot going on here. I have never heard that Louis XVI's penis was 'fused to his balls'. This is almost certainly false and most definitely not a historical fact. Anne of Austria had several stillbirths - while she might have conceived them all by sleeping with men other than her husband, the internal logic of that rumour kind of falls apart there. Most monarchs actually weren't inbred enough to cause major physical issues. The Habsburgs, by the time they got to Charles II, definitely had some major issues due to inbreeding, though. It would have been extremely risky for a queen to try to secretly conceive an heir via a man who was not her husband, so that was most likely not a regular occurrence.

Louis XVI suffered from phimosis, meaning his foreskin didn’t retract properly and it hurt him to get an erection/attempt sex. Apparently he was scared of the operation that would snip the foreskin and allow it to retract and didn’t consent to it until some years into the marriage. After the operation Marie Antionette had no problem conceiving. I actually had a boyfriend with  a mild case of the same thing  when I was a teenager- he could get an erection but the foreskin was very tight around the head and thus tore easily - I absolutely freaked out when, giving him a handjob, I thought he had come - but I’d actually torn the foreskin and it was blood not my hand. He knew he could fix it with circumcision, but he was scared to ask his parents and arrange to have it done. I assume, as he’s no longer 17, that he’s since had it fixed.

12 minutes ago, lilith said:

Louis XVI suffered from phimosis, meaning his foreskin didn’t retract properly and it hurt him to get an erection/attempt sex. Apparently he was scared of the operation that would snip the foreskin and allow it to retract and didn’t consent to it until some years into the marriage. After the operation Marie Antionette had no problem conceiving. I actually had a boyfriend with  a mild case of the same thing  when I was a teenager- he could get an erection but the foreskin was very tight around the head and thus tore easily - I absolutely freaked out when, giving him a handjob, I thought he had come - but I’d actually torn the foreskin and it was blood not my hand. He knew he could fix it with circumcision, but he was scared to ask his parents and arrange to have it done. I assume, as he’s no longer 17, that he’s since had it fixed.

I'm pretty sure the current prevailing theory is that Louis XVI actually did not suffer from phimosis. and had no operations. But regardless, it's a lot more likely than 'his penis was fused to his balls'. Most likely explanation was that they were just young, ignorant and inexperienced, and not particularly interested in having sex (with each other, or at all).

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been to an alcohol free wedding reception. 

While I don't doubt they are just fine in and of themselves, it's usually some doctrine or dogma behind it that squigs me out. 

In the real world, it is not necessary - but admittedly, nice and one of the best parts of going to the weddings of extended family and/or casual friends/acquaintances. 

I do have fundie family and there have been weddings - - fortunately, they live in another state and I've never attended one. Seeing the pictures was more than enough. One had her bridesmaids wear bright purple, strapless dresses - - -with black t-shirts underneath. It was so hideous I had to turn off my computer at the time to prevent me from commenting. 

Since I dug up the pics and it's still in edit timeframe, here, for your viewing pleasure, is the MOH & bridesmaid of the last fundie cousin wedding.

Note, in the second picture, the one in the long sleeved dress? That is a 20 year old girl, not anyone's grandma. 

godawful.jpg

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

While I don't doubt they are just fine in and of themselves, it's usually some doctrine or dogma behind it that squigs me out. 

In the real world, it is not necessary - but admittedly, nice and one of the best parts of going to the weddings of extended family and/or casual friends/acquaintances. 

I do have fundie family and there have been weddings - - fortunately, they live in another state and I've never attended one. Seeing the pictures was more than enough. One had her bridesmaids wear bright purple, strapless dresses - - -with black t-shirts underneath. It was so hideous I had to turn off my computer at the time to prevent me from commenting. 

Since I dug up the pics and it's still in edit timeframe, here, for your viewing pleasure, is the MOH & bridesmaid of the last fundie cousin wedding.

Note, in the second picture, the one in the long sleeved dress? That is a 20 year old girl, not anyone's grandma. 

godawful.jpg

Seriously, wouldn't it be easier to wear wraps or cardigans over the dresses rather than t-shirts underneath? Or just get long sleeved dresses made to start with? Bizarre.

When I was last in hospital I was sharing a room with a young woman from the Bretheren sect. Her friends came in to visit her after church one Sunday, and she was very amused that all of the rest of us in the room thought they were off to the races! They were all quite covered up, but very fashionable. You can be covered and both, sheesh.

On 11/25/2017 at 6:41 PM, fundiefan said:

godawful.jpg

That photo on the left looks like she shoved a purple party napkin into her top... there are so many ready-made modest choices. I don't understand. Especially when the "alterations" draw my eye to exactly where I'm not supposed to be looking. 

On 13.11.2017 at 5:40 PM, Foudeb said:

Her womb was slightly malformed, which shouldn't have been a problem, but his penis was both curved downwards and had a shortened urethra, which meant his sperm just didn't make it far enough. 

Their doctor advised them to do it doggie style to make sure the downwards slant of the royal prick worked for them and not against them and wham blam thank you ma'am ten kids. 

Whoa.

Archived