IGNORED

Gingrich will be great because of his infidelity!!

Helena

He's such a winner, wanted to divorce his first wife because she dared to get cancer.

"According to L. H. Carter, Gingrich's campaign treasurer, Gingrich said of his first wife: "She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer.""

He's such a winner, wanted to divorce his first wife because she dared to get cancer.

"According to L. H. Carter, Gingrich's campaign treasurer, Gingrich said of his first wife: "She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer.""

I heard that, too. :o He sounds like a sociopath. That article was the dumbest thing I've ever read, considering I remember the uproar over Clinton's "extracurricular activities."

I sent this to a friend and she made a good point. I don't particularly care what a candidate does in the bedroom one way or another. However, when said candidate is spouting "family values" and "Christian morals" out of his ass, and gets all up in arms over other people doing the exact same thing, I will not hesitate to call that out. Does cheating on a spouse necessarily make him a bad candidate? No, there's plenty of shit that does that. But the hypocrisy cannot go unnoticed. You aren't allowed to try and legislate your morals when you can't even follow them your damn self. Ugh, this gets me so heated.

Edit for riffle.

Newt and his team had to dig for the Lewinsky dirt, all the while Newt was cheating on his then wife, and later tossed out for ethics violations.

I'm not very quick at these things. That was a parody, right?

Don't feel bad, JFC. Last night I saw a political video that was a parody, but my husband had to inform me of this because I thought it was for real. But then today seeing this article I realized I had no reason to feel bad because this article is outlandish and true. I told him, considering what passes as truth these days, no wonder I didn't get the political video from last night was satire.

ETA: when I say it was true, I mean it was real and serious. Not actual truth!

I wonder if Callista Gringrich's hair moves when she has sex, assuming she has sex with that giant marshmallow.

Her hair scares me. Of course, his politics scare me more, but still.

So the good Dr. Ablow is now a Faux shill these days? Damn...he used to be a pretty well-respected analyst, esp. during the Scott Peterson trials. Looks like he went over to the dark side.

This whole thing just slays me. I mean, we couldn't make this shit up.

So the folks who had a hissy when President Clinton was fooling around in the oval office are twisting themselves into pretzels to be okay with a man who cheated on his first wife with his second wife, cheated on his second wife with his third, and told his second wife he wanted an open marriage? How would we refer to them in the white house? President Philanderer and the First Mistress?

I don't personally care what people do in their bedrooms, but infidelity does bother me (as it did when Clinton indulged in it), and even more than that, the staggering hypocrisy on the part of the republicans is just unbelievable.

Well, there's an obvious double standard going on here. Isn't it like when Bristol Palin got pregnant and all the Palin fans were saying it didn't matter at all because it was something "private"? I bet that if it had been the daughter of a Democrat politician the very same people would have pointed their fingers at this example of liberal depravity, and said someone whose daughter had had a child out of wedlock was not remotely fit for office.

This said, as a European I don't get why candidates' private lives are such a huge deal, I mean as long as they aren't doing anything actually illegal. And I really don't get why Clinton lied about getting a blowjob and risked impeachment, whereas W. Bush lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and was still hailed as a hero (yes, I know a lot of Americans hated him but he still managed to get re-elected).

Don't feel bad, JFC. Last night I saw a political video that was a parody, but my husband had to inform me of this because I thought it was for real. But then today seeing this article I realized I had no reason to feel bad because this article is outlandish and true. I told him, considering what passes as truth these days, no wonder I didn't get the political video from last night was satire.

ETA: when I say it was true, I mean it was real and serious. Not actual truth!

Fuck, that guy actually meant it? I am amazed, and not in a good way!

Totally agree, it now gets impossible to tell parody from reality...

Archived