IGNORED

Gingrich will be great because of his infidelity!!

Helena

Opinion piece by Keith Ablow

://opinion.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=34606&content=64752493&pageNum=-1

Was this some sort of writing assignment? Take the most preposterous stance imaginable and try to get us to swallow?

We, as a country are supposed to swoon over this arrogant big-headed twit because three women swooned over him and his daughters love him?

This whole thing just slays me. I mean, we couldn't make this shit up.

So the folks who had a hissy when President Clinton was fooling around in the oval office are twisting themselves into pretzels to be okay with a man who cheated on his first wife with his second wife, cheated on his second wife with his third, and told his second wife he wanted an open marriage? How would we refer to them in the white house? President Philanderer and the First Mistress?

I don't personally care what people do in their bedrooms, but infidelity does bother me (as it did when Clinton indulged in it), and even more than that, the staggering hypocrisy on the part of the republicans is just unbelievable.

OK, I have a brain bleed now. I could have happily lived out my life without having read Blowjob's--I mean, Ablow's--mental gymnastics.

Seriously??

I finished that article thinking Newt was an even bigger dick.

No, I'm not impressed that guys who cheat are somehow wonderful that women love them.

No, I don't think that telling your wives that you are dumping them is particularly admirable or courageous.

No, I don't have much sympathy for "following your heart" when it involves causing pain to your family.

Now, if he wants to argue that it's all a private issue unrelated to the public, fine. I agree it takes more than being a great family guy to run a country.

Just be consistent. Stop mentioning G-d and Jesus every 2 seconds, and tell voters up front that personal and religious life is not relevant.

If you don't want YOUR marriage(s) under the microscope, extend that same respect for same-sex couples.

While you're at it, if you really think that repeat infidelity is nobody's business, you may want to take that same position when it comes to the decisions that a pregnant woman makes.

The hypocrisy bugs me more than the infidelity, actually. They both suck but if I were going to rate them in terms of how much they bug me, hypocrisy would get a 10, infidelity would get an 8.

I'm gobsmacked that Newt actually has a snowball's chance to win a nomination.I hope he's so popular because he gives good soundbites and not because anyone actually believes him.

Newt has one of those faces that I just want to smack. Ugh.

Newt looks like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

newtpuff.jpg

Dr. Ablow is a hack like Dr. Laura. I'm not surprised he's on Fox. And I wonder if he'd say the same thing about a Democrat. Somehow I doubt it.

Ugh, my hubby (who I love completely) just announced he really likes Newt :cry:

My poor hubby. I asked why is it that Newt is outraged, outraged I tell ya, that the horrible "liberal" media is asking about his personal life! I have this discussion with most of the Republican leaning pals that I know. Why is it, when it's a democrat that has something like this happen, we hear the cry from the "right" that it's all because of these horrible liberal policies that have decimated the family. BUT when it's a dear old Republican (which happens just as often as the Democrats), then it's "oh God bless him for coming forward and apologizing (if they did) and we have to remember to forgive them. WHAT! Well that's tying a nice little bow around it.

Sadly, many of my Republican pals don't like discussing politics with me. Not because I get angry and yell, but because I simply apply logic and call them on their double standards. :lol: I agree with you Austin, I was pissed at Clinton and was probably one of the few who felt he should have resigned, but as a President, I thought he did a very good job. On the other hand, during that time period, a Louisiana Congressman was considered the head of the attack against Clinton, until it came up that he was in an affair, etc. He resigned, but I still hear, to this day, the same people that will dice up Democrats for our evil liberal ideals, expressing regret of what the "liberal" media did to bring down the Congressman.

I say go after Newt. I basically shut up everyone at my school during the past Presidential election by simply saying,"if the roles were reversed...McCain in a stable marriage with two well adjusted kids and Obama in a second marriage because he didn't want to be with the first wife because of a lifechanging accident...that he was known for having multiple affairs, and oh, his teen daughter was not married and preggers"....Yeah, you bet the majority of ads would have been about how liberal policy had brought the Obama family to what we see today. Only it was the Republican ticket that demonstrated those ideals, so the GOP shut their mouths and talked about being Pro Life. Right. Where's that "rolls my eyes and throwing up smile?"

Dang...I vented...sorry.

Seriously??

I finished that article thinking Newt was an even bigger dick.

No, I'm not impressed that guys who cheat are somehow wonderful that women love them.

No, I don't think that telling your wives that you are dumping them is particularly admirable or courageous.

No, I don't have much sympathy for "following your heart" when it involves causing pain to your family.

Now, if he wants to argue that it's all a private issue unrelated to the public, fine. I agree it takes more than being a great family guy to run a country.

Just be consistent. Stop mentioning G-d and Jesus every 2 seconds, and tell voters up front that personal and religious life is not relevant.

If you don't want YOUR marriage(s) under the microscope, extend that same respect for same-sex couples.

While you're at it, if you really think that repeat infidelity is nobody's business, you may want to take that same position when it comes to the decisions that a pregnant woman makes.

Bravo!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Right, so voters don't belong in a candidate's bedroom ((except when it's a liberal/Democrat)) but they sure as hell belong in the bedrooms of the entire gay population. I don't understand. I can't even express my disbelief that people will buy this bullshit. Because you just know they will.

Right, so voters don't belong in a candidate's bedroom ((except when it's a liberal/Democrat)) but they sure as hell belong in the bedrooms of the entire gay population. I don't understand. I can't even express my disbelief that people will buy this bullshit. Because you just know they will.

Not to mention women having sexy time and using birth control. Yes, punishing slutty sluts for slutting.

When he puffed up like a toad and got all indignant at John King the other night, I nearly lost my mind. It really chaps my ass when people start foaming at the mouth about the ebil media. Please. People fought and died for our right to a media that can grab onto a story like a bulldog with a hambone, and tease out the truth that may shape public opinion. Of course Noot stamped his feet and threw a fit. He doesn't want you to know about his exes and his infidelity and arrogance toward them.

Noot's sister Candace Gingrich-Jones works for the Human Rights Campaign, a GLBT action group.

http://www.hrc.org/staff/profile/candace-gingrich-jones

(link not broken because HRC and Gingrich-Jones will not give a rat's patootie that we're snarking on Noot)

Something says to me that if Noot gets any real traction, his sister will pipe up and remind everyone that he's got her as well, along with his two ex-wives.

OK, I have a brain bleed now. I could have happily lived out my life without having read Blowjob's--I mean, Ablow's--mental gymnastics.

Yeah, we're supposed to "swallow" a lot, aren't we?

Noot's sister Candace Gingrich-Jones works for the Human Rights Campaign, a GLBT action group.

(link not broken because HRC and Gingrich-Jones will not give a rat's patootie that we're snarking on Noot)

Something says to me that if Noot gets any real traction, his sister will pipe up and remind everyone that he's got her as well, along with his two ex-wives.

She was on the Rachel Maddow show not too long ago. She wasn't too nasty about him, but she made it clear he wasn't fit to be president in her eyes.

The Republicans nominating Newt would be the definition of cognitive dissonance. On the other hand, I would love to see what kind of havoc two wronged ex-wives and a lesbian sister could wreak on the campaign trail.

I love that some conservative's want to make excuses for his behavior, I guess because he supposedly converted, yet what he did was so far past anything Bill Clinton (aka Satan to them) did.

Newt converted to Catholicism.

I find all of this interesting because the hardcore rightwing GOPers are against Romney because he's an ebil Mormon, but compared to Newt, he's a paragon of personal rectitude. Married to the same woman all these years, frex.

(This is not to say that I approve of Romney's business activities, because I do not.)

ETA: just collected from my Twitter

matttbastard Matthew Elliot

Internetz R won. RT @Fempeace: lol-RT @punditmom: Has Bravo announced the Real Housewives of Newt Gingrich season yet? #scprimary

Hahahaha, Real Housewives of Newt Gingrich.

I heard her on the radio for the first time ever this fall! I knew of her, from his prominence in the '90s, but I'd never heard her speak. She was all "Yeah, we're not close."

Archived