IGNORED

Remember Emily and Dna?

Nancy Drew

One of the things I remember about ole Emily is the fact that she would not run the heat in the apartment. DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT WAS FREE. Her utilities were covered by their rent. But for whatever reason, she kept the thermostat off or on 50 degrees because she preferred to stay under a blanket all day. She only took the blanket off when she had to open the door, then she would dive back under the blanket. Those poor children. That smacks of meanness, weirdness, tyrannical behavior, and possibly a faint whiff of agorophobia. (she never wanted to leave that death trap/science experiment of an apartment).

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of the things I remember about ole Emily is the fact that she would not run the heat in the apartment. DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT WAS FREE. Her utilities were covered by their rent. But for whatever reason, she kept the thermostat off or on 50 degrees because she preferred to stay under a blanket all day. She only took the blanket off when she had to open the door, then she would dive back under the blanket. Those poor children. That smacks of meanness, weirdness, tyrannical behavior, and possibly a faint whiff of agorophobia. (she never wanted to leave that death trap/science experiment of an apartment).

She had that approach to everything. If she could find a way to starve her family, keep them cold, live in dirt, expose the children to deadly hazards (remember the desk lamp in the bathroom and the shelves hanging in wires above the cribs?), take away normal things like toys, stay isolated inside the tiny apartment, deny Dan his little pleasures to save two cents (she made her own stevia soft drink so he wouldn't buy sodas at work... somebody here calculated and found out that she saved $ 0.02 per drink) - she did it!

Normally, parents, regardless of how much or little money or education, want to keep their families well fed, happy and warm. Even animal mothers do this for their babies. But she seemed to go out of her way to do the opposite. I wonder if she is mentally ill for real.

I missed out on Emily before, so I'm reading her old blog now (the pics are gone, pout). I want to know where on this planet is she buying hotdogs for 11c each (88c for a pack? WTF!?!) and mac and cheese for 25c (I bought walmart brand mac and cheese 2 weeks ago, it was 79c). I know that her blog is old, I'm reading '09, but food wasn't that cheap here then! All I can picture is Emily out there buying food past it's experation date! (I'm not even talking "sell by" dates....I will only drink milk on or the day after the sell by date ....I'm thinking almost spoiled food!)

She bought a lot of "food" from the dollar store.

So her Dollar store has 4 boxes of Mac and cheese for a dollar? Wow....our Dollar store sells candy and chips.

I'm still picturing spoiled food.

I missed out on Emily before, so I'm reading her old blog now (the pics are gone, pout). I want to know where on this planet is she buying hotdogs for 11c each (88c for a pack? WTF!?!) and mac and cheese for 25c (I bought walmart brand mac and cheese 2 weeks ago, it was 79c). I know that her blog is old, I'm reading '09, but food wasn't that cheap here then! All I can picture is Emily out there buying food past it's experation date! (I'm not even talking "sell by" dates....I will only drink milk on or the day after the sell by date ....I'm thinking almost spoiled food!)

She also bought tube meat from the dollar store.

She also bought tube meat from the dollar store.

I don't even want to know what that is. Seriously, this chick scares me!

Ooooh, ok....that is pretty pricey here!! almost $5 a pound. I get a much better deal buying ground turkey (2.99 for 20 oz) or ground beef that the store packages themselves on sale, in bulk (last week it was 1.99 a pound, I got almost 4 pounds).

Edit: I'm learning a lot at FJ!

Wow, her complete 180 as far as her beliefs go just further proves to me that there's something off mentally. I know people can get out of Christianity all the time, but I don't know how you can go from one extreme to the other in such a short time period. This was interesting too:

Social Blogging

Now that I am in internet marketing, I hear a lot of people say that you can't make money as a social blogger. That is simply not true. I made a full time income as a social blogger, but I didn't like it. I had a personality based blog and it wasn't fun after a while. I wanted my privacy back. But it is worth a go if you have the stomach for putting your life on the line for all the world to see. The more you show of your deepest darkest thoughts, the more income you get, trust me on that one.

You mean like showing the world that you neglect your kids? She still doesn't get it.

Wow, her complete 180 as far as her beliefs go just further proves to me that there's something off mentally. I know people can get out of Christianity all the time, but I don't know how you can go from one extreme to the other in such a short time period. This was interesting too:

Social Blogging

Now that I am in internet marketing, I hear a lot of people say that you can't make money as a social blogger. That is simply not true. I made a full time income as a social blogger, but I didn't like it. I had a personality based blog and it wasn't fun after a while. I wanted my privacy back. But it is worth a go if you have the stomach for putting your life on the line for all the world to see. The more you show of your deepest darkest thoughts, the more income you get, trust me on that one.

You mean like showing the world that you neglect your kids? She still doesn't get it.

Nope, still doesn't get it and probably never will. And what the hell is she talking about -- full time income? Bullshit. I think she grossly exaggerated her numbers. She'd post end-of-the-month updates on her blog of how much she'd made and those figures had to be inflated. In her "month five" post she claimed to have made $1335.21! Read how she breaks it down here: under1000permonth.blogspot.com/2010/02/can-you-make-money-blogging-month-five.html

Emily had a limit of $1/lb for produce. She would go to the dollar store and buy frozen broccoli cuts (not the florets, just the chopped up stalk parts) 2lbs for $1. Unfortunately, she would not average out her $1/lb rule, so since garlic was over $1/lb, she wouldn't buy it. Never mind that onions, broccoli, carrots, etc. were less than $1/lb and it would probably average out to $1/lb. Or, that 1 head of garlic would still only cost you 17 cents. Nope. Garlic was over $1/lb.

Just asking...could we break some of the links on page 2 of this thread? It'd be a shame if we caused a flounce of this particularly spectacular specimen.

referring specifically to lawfulevil and simplysweet's posts.

I flagged 'em just to be sure, but if y'all get to them first that'd be nice too.

Oh yeah, and this is from her Hubspot page:

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE. :angry-screaming:

...we need an icon for cleaning soda off of one's computer screen...

:chores-mop:

Re: the dinosaur thing.

I went and read the links, and... :snooty: There's no emoticon for smashing your head against your desk, but it would also apply. How do you read something wildly speculative on a website that no one more evolved than a drunk monkey could take seriously? Emily, :doh: what gives?

I'm also curious if any jumps in traffic will drag her back here.

I missed out on Emily before, so I'm reading her old blog now (the pics are gone, pout). I want to know where on this planet is she buying hotdogs for 11c each (88c for a pack? WTF!?!) and mac and cheese for 25c (I bought walmart brand mac and cheese 2 weeks ago, it was 79c). )

Maybe Aldi?

Oh gosh, I forgot about the tool board hanging right in the living room. Drape a black fabric over it so it looks pretty! Teehee!

And that bed. There was a picture of Dna and two of the boys sleeping in there and the sheets were disgusting. And she had a homebirth in that apartment. Yuck!

Archived