IGNORED

Loomis bedrest

Karsaroni

How so? I'm just curious.

I work in a fertility clinic. While I think that it is a good idea for people to think carefully about what medical technology they will or will not use, I am not sure of what you mean. What sort of "mixed results" and "rather interesting" children have you seen?

I do think it's odd that Rebecca is having such a hard time maintaining a pregnancy since her mother gave birth to (is it?) 8. And most of us take after our mothers in that Women's Department. But she just might be an exception.

OR, one of the things I've grappled with over the years is that maybe the two of them just don't mix to make children. I have friends who have forced conception. And the children I know from those results (and the families that result from those results) are rather interesting (and that's just my experience).

I think it is amazing what technology can do, but I also wonder about the wisdom of using technology to make a child. I have seen a lot of mixed results.

Oh goody, more psuedo-scientific BS about infertile couples. "forced conception" and the two of them just don't mix to have children? WTF? Using fertility treatments is not the same as baking a cake using old baking powder or stale flour.

I think everyone is different regardless of maternal fertility. There are so many factors that go into whether or not your body can conceive. Many more than mere hereditary. I'm 1 of 4 and my Mother had great pregnancies and very, very difficult births.

My sister can't stay pregnant to save her life. She has one son who was born at 24 weeks gestation who lived and is blind and severely autistic, another son who was also born at 24 weeks who did not live and now she cannot get pregnant in spite of fertility treatments. I myself have had no trouble getting pregnant and have 3 very healthy pregnancies, 2 out of 3 of my deliveries were great and all 3 of my kids are quite healthy. My oldest has Asperger's, my 2nd has asthma but other than those two conditions my kids are strong, healthy and thriving.

Whose to say why I was able to conceive and carry and my own sister cannot. Unfortunately for some horrible reason some people just have a really horrendously difficult time and it's heartbreaking and it's awful. Some people get the crap toss of the fertility dice.

I hope everything goes well for Rebecca and the baby goes to term and they both come out of it strong, healthy and thriving. I wouldn't wish what my sister has gone through on anyone. Ever.

Oh goody, more psuedo-scientific BS about infertile couples. "forced conception" and the two of them just don't mix to have children? WTF? Using fertility treatments is not the same as baking a cake using old baking powder or stale flour.

Yes, we have the science, but does it mean we should use it? I think that's probably the way the fundies look at it. And I've never been a fundie, but as I said, I have seen some interesting results just from the people I know personally who had to go to scientific measures to have a child. And I don't really want to make this a big debate about whether it's right or wrong, I just am speaking from what I've seen personally.

Interesting that there are no further updates on Rebecca and the baby. Hope everything is OK.

Yes, I wish we knew what was going on! But, if she's still at risk for miscarriage (or worse, already has), I can see they probably aren't ready to post anything about it.

• 4 weeks later...
Thought I would bump this with an update. Things must be going well. S&R posted this link on FB saying it was their nursery inspiration. Baby girl perhaps?

http://homeklondike.com/2011/03/15/nurs ... e=timeline

They also have a new FB profile photo and she definitely is still pregnant, which is awesome! If she was in her 2nd trimester in December, she must be due in April or May, right? So really, with medical technology what it is, even if she did go into labor now, the baby could very well survive. I'm happy for her.

Yes, we have the science, but does it mean we should use it? I think that's probably the way the fundies look at it. And I've never been a fundie, but as I said, I have seen some interesting results just from the people I know personally who had to go to scientific measures to have a child. And I don't really want to make this a big debate about whether it's right or wrong, I just am speaking from what I've seen personally.

Please describe these "interesting" results.

So if I cannot get pregnant naturaly, I am just not meant to have children? And what is scientific? Clomid? IUI? IVF?

But mainly I am just curious about what kind of interesting results I can expect. You know, since my husnad and I are going to have to use "scientific measures to have a child".

I only seem to take after my mother as far as quick deliveries. Otherwise I don't. 3 days of bed rest doesn't seem too bad. I did 3 months. We used lots of technology to keep our DD in there until full term. My son for the longest time thought every time we went past the hospital it was time for blood work and an ultrasound.

OMG. "Sweet fellowship." I will never think of sex the same again now.

God, I love it when the Dominion Wackiness Troll makes an appearance!

Please describe these "interesting" results.

So if I cannot get pregnant naturaly, I am just not meant to have children? And what is scientific? Clomid? IUI? IVF?

But mainly I am just curious about what kind of interesting results I can expect. You know, since my husnad and I are going to have to use "scientific measures to have a child".

Don't bother, it's just another person who has had no issues having children passing judgement on people with fertility issues. Because with her advanced medical training, she knows exactly what we all should be doing. :roll:

Anyone have a recent photo of Rebecca for us fundie bump watchers? I can't find their FB.

They are Steven Rebecca Loomis on FB. Did you try that?

I work in a fertility clinic. While I think that it is a good idea for people to think carefully about what medical technology they will or will not use, I am not sure of what you mean. What sort of "mixed results" and "rather interesting" children have you seen?

I'd be interested in the answer too.

Aha! Thanks!

That looks like a nice 6 month belly, at least, IMO. I hope everything goes well for them this time.

When I had PTL with BabyKay, I was in hospital on bedrest for 3 days, because that was how long the medication + "wait and see" route took. I had to wear nitro patches, one for 24 hours and then a second for another 24 hours, if the first seemed to be working. Then I had to prove that I could go 24 hours without going into labor again. So the 3 days makes sense to me.

I'd be interested in the answer too.

I'd love to hear that answer.

How exactly do you force conception? It doesn't always work, even with ICSI. And even if you "force conception" you can't force implantation or embryo growth. Do you really think that IVF could over rule the desires of an omnipotent being?

Is anyone fb friends with the Loomi? I almost considered asking Steven for an invite last night and I knew one look at my fb profile and I would be rejected so I didn;t even bother. I saw the picture,but she doesn't look like 3rd trimester to me yet. I would really like to know how far along Rebecca is in weeks. I don't even really follow them,but for some reason I am hoping this baby makes it. I would feel better knowing she is at least 30 weeks.

He's a lot younger than I thought he was. The picture of the 2 of them w/ his chin resting aside her head is the youngest I've ever seen him look.

Archived