IGNORED

Loomis bedrest

Karsaroni

Saw on Loomis shared FB page that Rebecca is on bed rest for three days. Hopefully everything is OK. There was a previous post about hearing the heartbeat. Anyone know how far along she is?

That girl is such a fragile little thing; I don't know how Steven even manages to have "sweet fellowship" with her without killing her.

What the heck is bed rest for 3 days?

Sometimes that is all one needs. Granted when I was given such orders it was total bedrest for 3 days to a week and modified bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy.

Oh, no! I hope she's not miscarrying again. They mentioned she was in her 2nd trimester, but that could mean she's got 5-7 months left to go. At least they have heard the heartbeat and I am hoping sheis getting regular confirmation that the baby is still hangin' in there. How awful.

I'd be surprised she would consent to an amnio given that it is a risk to miscarriage and she's not old enough to be in the risk range (35+), but maybe her history of miscarriage convinced them to do it? Amnio would presumeably be very non-fundie.

I'd be surprised she would consent to an amnio given that it is a risk to miscarriage and she's not old enough to be in the risk range (35+), but maybe her history of miscarriage convinced them to do it? Amnio would presumeably be very non-fundie.

My very pro-life ob reccomended amnios to those who were in risk groups because she thought it was always good to prepare yourself if you could.

She might be on bed rest for a medical problem like pre term labour or high blood pressure.

I am not sure how amnios are used in the U.S but where I work we generally do blood testing + ultrasound before amnio. Most planning decisions (for those who do not consider termination to be an option) can be made using a combination of serum screening/ultrasound +/- MRI +/- fetal echocardiography. In fact we really use amnio to confirm the results of screening - should termination be an option. Of course I am not including all the invasive fetal surgery - as that is another thing entirely. Bottom line: I doubt she is on bed rest for an amnio.

I bet she is on bed rest for pre term labour - the three days probably relate to the interval when they will do another ultrasound to help determine if treatment is working or not.

She might be on bed rest for a medical problem like pre term labour or high blood pressure.

I am not sure how amnios are used in the U.S but where I work we generally do blood testing + ultrasound before amnio. Most planning decisions (for those who do not consider termination to be an option) can be made using a combination of serum screening/ultrasound +/- MRI +/- fetal echocardiography. In fact we really use amnio to confirm the results of screening - should termination be an option. Of course I am not including all the invasive fetal surgery - as that is another thing entirely. Bottom line: I doubt she is on bed rest for an amnio.

I bet she is on bed rest for pre term labour - the three days probably relate to the interval when they will do another ultrasound to help determine if treatment is working or not.

Yes, that is how amnios are used in the U.S. So it's sad to me there is a chance she is having preterm.

I had an amnio with my 3rd, and didn't have any type of bedrest. It was more of a "take it easy the rest of the day, resume regular activity the following day" and when I got diagnosed with IUGR, I was put on a "modified" bed rest for the last 13 weeks of my pregnancy. Just as an attempt to keep my stress levels low, and hope that the baby would respond to a high protein diet by growing.

OT but browngrl, I just audibly "squee'd" at your avatar. :)

Oh, crap--so did I.

I'm sorry this is off-topic, but Keen23, I just had a baby with IUGR (2 months old). Was yours symmetrical or assymetrical? My daughter's was symmetrical and we're still having a really hard time getting her to eat and gain weight. I hope your child is doing well!

I also hope Rebecca Loomis' bedrest will help ... seems they've had lots of losses, and I wish them well.

That girl is such a fragile little thing; I don't know how Steven even manages to have "sweet fellowship" with her without killing her.

LOL! This "sweet fellowship" comment made me snort my Diet Coke! :) I totally agree though. She seems so fragile. I too think she likely is having pre-term labor as her husband commented after the original post that "Please pray that the Lord would continue bringing calm and quiet to Rebecca's womb and patience to our Baby Praise". The last update was January 18th so I find it a little concerning that there has been no add'l news. I would think if things were now A-OK there would be some sort of praising of Jesus going on. But silence. Hmmmm.

LOL! This "sweet fellowship" comment made me snort my Diet Coke! :) I totally agree though. She seems so fragile.

Glad to see I'm not the only weirdo who has been wondering this :oops:

Maybe that's why Steven lost so much weight after marrying Rebecca - to be able to have sweet fellowship without murdering his helpmeet.

Glad to see I'm not the only weirdo who has been wondering this :oops:

Maybe that's why Steven lost so much weight after marrying Rebecca - to be able to have sweet fellowship without murdering his helpmeet.

You guys! :D

Don't you think the extremists are ok w/wifey on top??

But yes, I've been assuming that ole Becks is on light duty if not complete bedrest.

Sigh... I know that for all their cute ginger goofiness, they'd take away my rights in a minute (given power) but I still cant help but like the Loomii and really do pray for mother & baby's health.

ETA that I hadn't seen the initial part of this post, reporting the bedrest. Thus any apparent non sequiturs in my part.

I think their Facebook is Steven Rebecca Loomis but not sure.

You guys! :D

Don't you think the extremists are ok w/wifey on top??

But yes, I've been assuming that ole Becks is on light duty if not complete bedrest.

Sigh... I know that for all their cute ginger goofiness, they'd take away my rights in a minute (given power) but I still cant help but like the Loomii and really do pray for mother & baby's health.

I know. I don't agree with all of the beliefs they state online, but they do seem to genuinely love each other so I can't help wanting them to be happy.

Isn't there an ancient myth that girl on top = less chance of pregnancy? (It's "the gravity," doncha know!) I wouldn't be surprised if anything that had the slightest hint of less fertility is banned for some.

I think Rebecca should be pissed at her father. If her womb was allowed to be filled when it was still young and supple, perhaps all these troubles wouldn't have occurred.*

*Being totally snarky here, as I fully realize that maintaining a pregnancy as NOT determined solely by age and women of all ages experience difficult pregnancies.

I do think it's odd that Rebecca is having such a hard time maintaining a pregnancy since her mother gave birth to (is it?) 8. And most of us take after our mothers in that Women's Department. But she just might be an exception.

OR, one of the things I've grappled with over the years is that maybe the two of them just don't mix to make children. I have friends who have forced conception. And the children I know from those results (and the families that result from those results) are rather interesting (and that's just my experience).

I think it is amazing what technology can do, but I also wonder about the wisdom of using technology to make a child. I have seen a lot of mixed results.

I do think it's odd that Rebecca is having such a hard time maintaining a pregnancy since her mother gave birth to (is it?) 8. And most of us take after our mothers in that Women's Department. But she just might be an exception.

OR, one of the things I've grappled with over the years is that maybe the two of them just don't mix to make children. I have friends who have forced conception. And the children I know from those results (and the families that result from those results) are rather interesting (and that's just my experience).

I think it is amazing what technology can do, but I also wonder about the wisdom of using technology to make a child. I have seen a lot of mixed results.

How so? I'm just curious.

Archived