IGNORED

Modern Family challenged for tot's bleep.

dairyfreelife

So, some 18yo kid who goes to Brigham Young U who has a No Cussing Club is asking ABC to pull an episode of modern family because the child uses a curse word.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertain ... story.html

Here is the young man's website: nocussing.com

I think this kid is very ignorant on the reality of how words and language work. I remember reading a line in a book, that I can't for the life of me remember the name of now, when I had to do a project on how spoken speech affects written language that said: "The only way language doesn't change is when no one speaks it." Didn't Vulgar Latin help create the Italian language? Words that were once not so bad become profanity. Words like bitch and ass, for example. You can't stop people from using words to express themselves, good or bad. And I can't think of any child who hasn't heard an adult curse and repeated them to the parent's surprise. They don't know what they are saying, just repeating. They'll usually learn appropriate times to say such adult words.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How funny that he's from BYU, where you can't say fuck ever but everyone can replace it with flip, fetch, fudgesicles... If you say it with the same intent as someone else does when they say fuck, it's NO DIFFERENT!

What a dweeb. He better just shut off the TV and only watch church-sanctioned DVDs for the rest of his life if he can't handle a very covered-up F bomb. Last night's MF cracked my shit up and this little puke needs to mind his own business. I'm sick to death of people wanting censorship instead of taking personal responsibility. If you want a squeaky clean sit-com, go watch reruns of Full House.

Cussing? The last time I heard that word instead of cursing was from a middle schooler. This guy seriously needs to grow up and if he's going to make a statement like that, use mature terminology.

The word was bleeped out, so little ears did not hear the bad word, and the little actress probably said a word that looks similar but is not an actual bad word.

I am so sick of people dissing Modern Family. I love the show because it looks more like my extended family than I have ever seen on a sitcom. Mixed ethnic marriages, a gay couple, a wife younger than her stepchildren... all you have to do is add in a weird mix of religions and a few adopted children of various races and you have my family. :clap:

Modern Family is awesome.

If you don't know the word already (like my youngest), the episode wasn't introducing new vocabulary. I just get a kick out of Cam and Mitch being over-anxious about every parenting issue - they sound just like the moms on the baby boards.

The word was bleeped out, so little ears did not hear the bad word, and the little actress probably said a word that looks similar but is not an actual bad word.

I read in a different article that the actress said "fudge" during filming.... *searching*

OK, not the article I read yesterday, but it does talk about the taping: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/18/modern-family-f-word/

And Jessica, exactly!

Haven't seen the episode yet, but it's so stupid that people would get offended by something that probably happens to literally every parent on the planet. At some point, every kid is going to say a curse word. Maybe they heard it from their parents, maybe they heard someone at Walmart say it, or maybe someone at school said it. No matter what, EVERY SINGLE PARENT is going to have to deal with that at some point.

Wow, I would have invited this fella for tea just to see the expression on his face when my two year old shrieked 'Jesus fucking Christ' when her blocks fell over yesterday.

Yes, I am TRYING to control my potty mouth, but it's become more of an ingrained habit than I thought.

My daughter teaches preschoolers and after hearing about this controversy she said, "Hello Real World People!!! We've got kids who say all the fun words, Fuck, Damn, Shit, Piss...." These are the kids of liberal scientists working for a huge corporation that makes satellites and things that make things go boom.

My kids heard O Damn from my Mom and they parroted her.

What a dweeb. He better just shut off the TV and only watch church-sanctioned DVDs for the rest of his life if he can't handle a very covered-up F bomb. Last night's MF cracked my shit up and this little puke needs to mind his own business. I'm sick to death of people wanting censorship instead of taking personal responsibility. If you want a squeaky clean sit-com, go watch reruns of Full House.

Yup, he should just focus on watching those Feature Films for Families movies that Mormons helped make back in the 90's.

Muwahaha. Sevy's first word was the F-bomb. On church sunday no less, she has my timing. We modified her "first word" to be the second word she said (Dada).

That guy needs that stick to be taken out of his ass, every parent WILL have the same problem at some point in their lives. Kids hear things, and we would actually prefer if Sevy heard it from the source (parents) rather than some random kid/person and get the wrong idea about something.

I LOVE MODERN FAMILY!!!! sadly I haven't watched one bit of it past season 1... :( bad me **runs to go look it up on hulu**

I'm curious to know what being a member of the No Cussing Club entails. Are there meetings? Do they talk about cursing, but just don't use the words? If I was part of that club, I'd end up like Amy Pohler's character in "Deuce Bigelow: Male Gigolo".

I am so sick of people dissing Modern Family. I love the show because it looks more like my extended family than I have ever seen on a sitcom. Mixed ethnic marriages, a gay couple, a wife younger than her stepchildren... all you have to do is add in a weird mix of religions and a few adopted children of various races and you have my family. :clap:

Oh, was it bleeped out everywhere? I thought it was only here in the Bible Gag - um, I mean Bible Belt...

You can't say "fuck" on network tv anywhere in the US.

I thought the episode was funny. My parents are really conservative about language ("butt" was a bad word), but once we were watching a PG-13 movie and my little sister had been hiding behind the sofa unknown to us and suddenly she popped up and goes "Mom, what's a fuck?" We all laughed really hard, even my parents, because it was so unexpected.

The only time I ever heard a non-Southern adult say "cuss" or any variant of it, was Stephenie Meyer in Twilight. This kid needs to grow the hell up. Yes, kid, even if he is only 2 years younger than me.

Also, to get this out of the way, SHITPISSFUCKCUNTMOTHERFUCKERCOCKSUCKERTITSFUCKEDYFUCKFUCKFUCKDICKBAG JESUS FUCKING CHRIST TWATFACE. Sorry. I swear it's not part of my Tourette's, I just can't resist swearing to my heart's content whenever I hear about this thundercunt just to spite him. I wonder what he would make of TS people who did actually have coprolalia?

If I ever met him, I would force him to watch Kick Ass. Cute little girl dropping C-bombs left and right, UNCENSORED? His head would explode. And it would be fucking glorious.

Either that or I would tell him to surf a tidal wave of cocks.

I haven't seen Modern Family, but it sounds like the kind of show I'd like.

The only time I ever heard a non-Southern adult say "cuss" or any variant of it, was Stephenie Meyer in Twilight. This kid needs to grow the hell up. Yes, kid, even if he is only 2 years younger than me.

Also, to get this out of the way, SHITPISSFUCKCUNTMOTHERFUCKERCOCKSUCKERTITSFUCKEDYFUCKFUCKFUCKDICKBAG JESUS FUCKING CHRIST TWATFACE. Sorry. I swear it's not part of my Tourette's, I just can't resist swearing to my heart's content whenever I hear about this thundercunt just to spite him. I wonder what he would make of TS people who did actually have coprolalia?

If I ever met him, I would force him to watch Kick Ass. Cute little girl dropping C-bombs left and right, UNCENSORED? His head would explode. And it would be fucking glorious.

Either that or I would tell him to surf a tidal wave of cocks.

I haven't seen Modern Family, but it sounds like the kind of show I'd like.

YES!!! :character-beavisbutthead: Now I must go add thundercunt to my dirty word list.

This kid needs to move to the real fucking world. People say naughty words. Sometimes they even say naughty words that aren't actually naughty, but people get all in a tizzy over it.

From Two Dozen and One Greyhounds:

Bart: Santa's Little Helper doesn't want to do anything since that bitch moved in.

Marge: Bart, don't ever say that word again!

Bart: But that's what she is, I looked it up.

Marge: Well I'm going to write the dictionary people.

OH Man this reminds me of an ex-friend who got up in arms about a book that she said had swear words and used the lords name in vain etc... I'm pretty sure the book was secret life of bee's? she started a committee and everything was being a total bitch to the school and it was just embarrassing how ridiculous she was being about it! Thus the end of the friendship.

Guest Anonymous

Yup, he should just focus on watching those Feature Films for Families movies that Mormons helped make back in the 90's.

That or watch the nominees for Dougle Phillips' latest film festival.

I read in a different article that the actress said "fudge" during filming.... *searching*

OK, not the article I read yesterday, but it does talk about the taping: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/18/modern-family-f-word/

And Jessica, exactly!

They did have her say fudge so it started and looked like she was saying fuck with a bleep. They weren't coaching the tot to curse like a sailor (no offense to sailors ;) ).

Well the gals at OMM responded to the tot bleep

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/IssueDetail.asp?id=433

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/IssueDetail.asp?id=434 In this post, OMM said that a few sponsers have pulled ads. The dumb thing about OMM is that they don't realize other companies will fill in support.

Off-topic OMM is also protesting the Kardashian doll line and this is probably the one time I will agree with an OMM's protest/boycott

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/IssueDetail.asp?id=432

Well the gals at OMM responded to the tot bleep

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/IssueDetail.asp?id=433

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/IssueDetail.asp?id=434 In this post, OMM said that a few sponsers have pulled ads. The dumb thing about OMM is that they don't realize other companies will fill in support.

Off-topic OMM is also protesting the Kardashian doll line and this is probably the one time I will agree with an OMM's protest/boycott

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/IssueDetail.asp?id=432

Gotta love how they have to put "homosexual" before every mention of this girls dads...

Gotta love how they have to put "homosexual" before every mention of this girls dads...

I laugh whenever I see that. I think they also did the same thing in their post about the FOX show Allen Gregory.

Archived