IGNORED

Tomorrow (1/19) is Sarah's 30th b-day.

kpmom

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No mention of her AGE. Guess they don't want people to remember that is is now 30! :shhh: And like I said on the "light homemaking skills" thread, they are talking about how much "cooking and cleaning" she does.

Hi Steve!

Sarah is a great baker. Here is the link:

http://www.titus2DOTcom/blog/index.php/ ... e-of-anna/

to a turtle cheesecake she made for Anna's birthday (scroll down to the see the pic). I'm not much of a baker but that looks professionally done. I'd say Sarah is a decent cook. As the oldest girl, she's probably cooked for the family for many years before her sisters were old enough to do the same. And we know all the Maxwell girls know how to clean very well.

Anyone else notice this gem in the post?

Dad asked the waitress how we could pray for her, and she was surprised by such a request and paused. She asked us to pray for “strength,†and upon inquiring what that exactly meant, she said she was a single mom and needed “strength.†We definitely prayed for that and for her salvation!

I think she was more like 'give me strength to deal with these nutters!'

She does look incredibly young for her age, she could easily pass off as early 20s in the photos I've seen...

It seems like she's made the mistake of making herself indispensable to her family, when if she sat around being a princess like Erin Bates her family would be much less unhappy about letting her go.

This is the family that breaks the day into thirty minute blocks for scheduling purpsoes. I don't think she could get away with sitting around being a princess. (Scary thought: Is she allowed to write her own schedule, or is that controlled by Steve too?)

We love your heart for the Lord Jesus, your sweet spirit, and your great desire to fully serve and obey Him. We delight in the time we have had with you as a beautiful young woman who has chosen to continue to live in our home when you could have moved on to live any life that you desired.

Bullshit. I think if she COULD move out, she would have already. Sure, she's physically capable of moving out on her own, but with all the big bad wolves out there waiting to do her wrong? No way she would ever leave Daddy Dearest's umbrella until she's married off.

so we love you because you serve us well? isn't that a salvation by works? ;)

This is the crappiest happy birthday one could imagine. Seriously. No you're such a nice and happy person, and we wish you the best in life. Nooo, you're such a good servant, we are so happy you're stuck with us!

poor sarah, I wish we could reach out to her, take her on a girly day where she could do whatever she wants, no daddy-god involved.

Bullshit. I think if she COULD move out, she would have already. Sure, she's physically capable of moving out on her own, but with all the big bad wolves out there waiting to do her wrong? No way she would ever leave Daddy Dearest's umbrella until she's married off.

Steve & Teri have both emphasized at various times that at 18, the kids get to choose. Leave home or stay. Of course they know what staying means - they see their older siblings, they know their parents, etc. What they don't know is life ouside Steve's control. And his 18 year olds have no experience with life or people or the real world. Of course they're going to choose to stay home. They're too scared and uneducated and unaware to choose the unknown in the world they've been taught all their lives is evil and threatening and dangerous and full of sex fiends and people who make an idol of their personal interests. Unlike the Amish who insist a decision be made by their young adults, but those young adults must first experience life in the real world before choosing, Steve keeps them so unaware and sheltered and gives them no personal or social skills or abilities; they have zero confidence in themselves or the world around them. They have no friends or support system to help them on the road to life. At the age of 18, their choice is security with what they know or total and complete unknown in the fallen world. So, while technically Steve gives his kids the choice at age 18, it's not really a choice. For kids as sheltered as his are, it's life or death...what choice is that?

On my 30th birthday, I was on my honeymoon in Mexico. The ex and I had already lived together for a year & a half, bought a house, planned (and paid for) a wedding, known each other for four years, had full time jobs, friends and lives outside each other even as we built one together. While my life is not one to be used as an example, contrasting it to Sarah's is almost natural. I cannot imagine, for even a second, what it would be like to be her, living her life. No more than she could imagine mine, I am sure. I'll take mine, warts, mistakes, eventual divorce and all.

Since she secretly likes burritos so much, I wonder if that's what they'll have for a special birthday dinner? Can you imagine being 30 and having to secretly like something? Not being able to just make whatever you want when you want, or even to go out to your favorite restaurant?

"While we are prepared to take over all that you do SHOULD the Lord bring a man into your life to be your husband"

Note that Steve uses "should" not "when." He doesn't expect her to marry. As someone else said, she's royally screwed.

This. What would happen if Sarah did "move on and live any life she desired"? Would she be allowed to have a relationship with her siblings and parents? What would this do to the family business (Keeping our children's hearts, and all that crap)?

If just one Maxwell "moved on" it would probably bring the whole Titus2 empire down. That's a lot of pressure on an 18 year old. So much for choosing.

"While we are prepared to take over all that you do SHOULD the Lord bring a man into your life to be your husband"

Note that Steve uses "should" not "when." He doesn't expect her to marry. As someone else said, she's royally screwed.

It's fundie-speak to say "should" the Lord do this or that. They don't presume to know for sure that God is going to get Sarah a husband.

But yeah, it does look bleak, if that's all they think she is supposed to be. Sarah's wasted her life thus far spinning her wheels. I doubt she'll get out of park for a long time if ever, living in Steve and Terri's crazy.

What I got from this post is that John Marie is not coming around to check out mild-mannered Sarah, or unfortunate Anna, but instead yummy Mary.

This. What would happen if Sarah did "move on and live any life she desired"? Would she be allowed to have a relationship with her siblings and parents? What would this do to the family business (Keeping our children's hearts, and all that crap)?

If just one Maxwell "moved on" it would probably bring the whole Titus2 empire down. That's a lot of pressure on an 18 year old. So much for choosing.

Good questions. Just what were the conditions if they went? It's hardly fair and just plain stupid to make your kid choose to stay or leave at age 18 when you've given them no tools to survive and conditioned them to not leave. Can you imagine the harassment they would get if they favoured leaving?

The Creaky Kids were raised to leave when they were good and ready, not forced to decide at some arbitrary age. And they were welcome to stay as long as they wished or needed. I feel very sorry for the Maxwell "children" and that Terri never woke up to smell the coffee. If I were her, I'd have walked long ago. They have ruined at least some if not all of their kids lives.

Sorry - I'll chuck some money your way for therapy........ =D

edited for correct grammar.......

Just looking at the comments on their blog for Sarah's birthday. Why do I get the strong feeling "John and Marie" who wrote about hoping the Lord blesses Sarah with a husband soon is an FJer?

1. No mention of her age. Everyone else gets an age mention, does this mean even they realize how ridiculous it shoulds for a 30 year old to still be pimping the "young maiden" routine?

2, They post "if the lord blesses you with a husband this year" part. Does this mean Jon Marie is a potential suitor after all or is this way of saying "yes people, the girl need a husband promto so all apply"? Since Steve has cut off all chances of her meeting anyone her own age, this suitor is going to have to come from the readers families so send those boys to Steve.

3. This reads like a giant personal add to me. "Look, Sarah has all these great skills. She can do all this and be a perfect bride and mother. See what a great catch she is? Apply within"

Sarah is the fundie I want to escape more than anyone. I hope Jon Marie or anyone who is half decent snaps her up already.

Maybe I should ask Papa Stevie if he would allow a woman to enter into a courtship/betrothal with his daughter. I am fully dedicated to marriage, and am excited at the financial prospects for two SAHMs.

Poor Sarah Maxwell. At 30, this worldly woman was long since married, with a full-time outside job, a house to keep, and the prospect of children. (I had my first at 33.) I could cook, clean, budget, and perform simple clothing repairs. I had a church family and friends online and in meatspace. I had money of my own and could buy myself nice things as well as giving money to my church and other charities.

What does Sarah Maxwell have?

Poor Sarah Maxwell. At 30, this worldly woman was long since married, with a full-time outside job, a house to keep, and the prospect of children. (I had my first at 33.) I could cook, clean, budget, and perform simple clothing repairs. I had a church family and friends online and in meatspace. I had money of my own and could buy myself nice things as well as giving money to my church and other charities.

What does Sarah Maxwell have?

A new cover for her Bible.

A new cover for her Bible.

A new skirt, too. And a new floor for her desk (or was that one of the other girls?). Actually, her servants heart is her most prized possession (or, Steve's most prized possession, if you want to get technical).

Actually, her servants heart is her most prized possession (or, Steve's most prized possession, if you want to get technical).

I think in Steve's world "servant's heart" is code for "work your ass off for me". As far as I can tell, all the adult children, even the married sons, work for Communications Concepts, Steve's company. Even Nathan's computer courses. Did you notice the picture on Nathan's classes site? Nathan is near the camera, but you-know-who is standing right behind him.

ETA: Just an interesting ot fact; today is also Jody Sweetin's 30th birthday, of Full House Fame. It sounds like she's clean and sober right now, hopefully for good. And she's a happy mom and fiance'. Two completely different lives, she and Sarah, born on the same day 30 years ago.

I read this post as one of two things:

A. STFU, FreeJinger! She CHOSE to stay at home and we're OPEN to the idea of marriage.

or

B. Courtship in the works.

Archived