IGNORED

Josh and Gay Pride

ImmodestMouse

Ive been reading different threads here for a while every time i want to procrastinate from schoolwork ;) and have never joined in the conversations, but then I saw this on his twitter and just had to bring it up. Josh states that Mitt Romney "Supports Gay Pride!" as a way to lure conservatives away from Mitt and towards his candidate of "Frothy byproduct of anal sex" and puts a link up to a 2004 memo put out when Romney was still Governor of Mass, for what looks like a very simple gay pride march. The funny thing is, at no point in this memo does it say anything about gay marriage, adoption, civil unions, or any kind of religious viewpoint on whether being gay is a "moral" issue. It more talks about the fact that (whether you believe it is a choice or something a person is born with) Gay teenagers exist and have high numbers of suicide, drug/alcohol abuse, and discrimination at schools. All of which are major problems which any "Christian" would want to help to put an end to, because not matter what a persons lifestyle is, as a Christian that is not supposed to be a factor in whether or not they deserve to commit suicide, abuse their body, or face inhospitable conditions. So it looks as though Josh Duggar, not only has a problem with the acts of homosexuals and their threat to the "sanctity" of his in no way arranged marriage to Anna, but also a public figure making it possible for all people to work together to create a happier and healthier environment for it's inhabitants.(Jesus would hate that, unless they were Lepers ). I'm in no way a Romney supporter (Dog abuse much?) but it's odd that Josh (with all of his wonderful education and non judgmental christian belief's,) that he would honestly have a problem with even allowing homosexuals to be treated fairly in their own communities, which is completely different than allowing them all the same rights as heterosexuals (which is obviously the right decision too, but I can understand the christian viewpoint on that less than I can on this issue.) Anyways, that's my two cents about Mr. Holier than thou. Here are the links to his twitter and the press release.

http://twitter.com/joshduggar

http://t.co/hnG1vJGx

Well, it's not as if they teach critical thinking at the SOTDRT. The really unfortunate thing is that this kind of ignorance goes hand in hand with breeding like rabbits.

Slightly OT/derailing for a moment but... Dog abuse?! :(

Edit - Nevermind, just looked it up. HORRIBLE!!! Where is the vomiting smiley when ya need it?

I just looked at Joshie's twitter. I think it is ridiculous that he and the other Duggars are throwing extreme support for Santorum at this point. Romney is going to get the nomination.

I'll admit, I can't help but wonder if this is in anyway connected to the fact that back when they were just one Special (14 kids and some kinda bullshit) Josh was the one who really pinged my gaydar.

I just looked at Joshie's twitter. I think it is ridiculous that he and the other Duggars are throwing extreme support for Santorum at this point. Romney is going to get the nomination.

I personally have no problem with Jboob backing the loser. I hope he throws a lot of money into Santorums crusade.

riffle

Its very stupid when fundies always complain about homosexuality. I don't think God wouldn't mind LGBT people since he himself is asexual.

Its very stupid when fundies always complain about homosexuality. I don't think God wouldn't mind LGBT people since he himself is asexual.

But... But... Didn't God father himself or something? He can't be asexual.

But... But... Didn't God father himself or something? He can't be asexual.

It never mentions his wife (if he had one) or his family (if he had any). Unless you read the Book of Mormon.

They can support Santorum as much as they want and claim he's going to bring back the United States to where it's suppose to be but in the end, Mitt Romney is going to win the nomination. Nobody wants an ass wipe who wants to bring us back to the 18th or 19th century when women had no rights nor do we want an ass wipe who takes away rights from us citizens.

Josh can say whatever the hell he wants; someone just needs to tell him to shove it soon. his tweets are starting to give me a migraine.

Can't believe he's married and has two kids--poor things. The children, I mean.

It never mentions his wife (if he had one) or his family (if he had any). Unless you read the Book of Mormon.

But he did it with Mary, who bore a son, who died on the cross, was resurrected, then ascended to heaven to become God...

But he did it with Mary, who bore a son, who died on the cross, was resurrected, then ascended to heaven to become God...

It was more like spiritual in vitro. :lol:

The Old Testament god had a wife once. Her name was/is Asherah. Her symbol was a tree, although there is a graffito in which she is drawn as a woman sitting in a chair, playing a lyre.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/05/mitt-romneys-dog-incident_n_1187114.html

Drove all the way to Canada with his dog on the roof of his car. Poor thing was terrified and probably quite cold.

The incident is definitely not funny but I had to laugh a little at the poll attached to the article:

Does Romney's dog incident make you less likely to vote for him?

-Yes

-No

-I would never consider voting for him, so it's not an issue

Number 3 is winning :lol: I know it's HuffPo so I shouldn't be surprised, but...

I also like the "Dogs Against Romney" photo.

christianity-explained-god-demotivational-poster-1198455582.jpg

You make it sound like no one could possibly believe any of that? I for one, have met many talking snakes in my day. They are usually very gentlemanly.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/05/mitt-romneys-dog-incident_n_1187114.html

Drove all the way to Canada with his dog on the roof of his car. Poor thing was terrified and probably quite cold.

WHAT??? :cry:

Ok, forget the good things I said about him earlier in that other thread. He stinks like the other ones.

Archived