IGNORED

Michelle "too busy" so Jessa assigns jurisdictions

IReallyAmHopewell

Isn't it the new thing to name your child a number now? Bravo had a show about a couple that did remodels and I think one of their children was named Five.

Those people were nuts. If I were days away from giving birth and my husband refused to find us a place to live (then we ended up with 6 kids in a 2 bedroom apt) he would be out on his ass.

Their kid names ran the gamut, though. The girls seemed to have basically normal names (I think one of them was Bethany), then you get Five and his twin brother Holly...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to buy a two dollar cat bed at walmart, paint it gold, and write 'Laziest mother of the year' on it and mail it to them. It's like, the Golden Raspberry of parenting.

Do it! DO IT! :lol: :lol:

I always wondered how come the Duggars gave all the girls (okay, almost all the girls) really funky and hot names (I esp love their middle names) while they blessed the boys with biblical names. Joshua, John, Joseph etc are pretty common although biblical but they went a bit too far with Jedidiah. I wonder how could they resist Jesus? It's fairly common in South American countries.

But they also have a Jackson although he was going to be Judah until right before his birth.

I haven't made up my mind about Jessa, probably because I don't watch the show but have seen enough to get the basic idea of their personalities. On one hand, I totally see where you all think of Jessa as pissy and vindictive. On the other hand, I get the impression that she doesn't want the kids to fuck around; the youngest need to get their schoolwork done without goofing off. I get a no nonsense vibe from her when it comes to the kids doing their chores (I refuse to call them jurisdictions) and schoolwork. I'm sure all of you have had times when you just want the task to be finished already and the person whose responsibility it is to do said chore is goofing off and making it take so much longer than it needs to be. It's really frustrating and irritating. I get that vibe from her. She's tired of the bullshit and just wants to get it over with already.

My friend's parents thought they were having a boy so didn't have a name for their newborn daughter. They asked my friend, aged three, for ideas, and she said 'Alice in Wonderland'. Luckily they just went with Alice. I think it's kind of cute!

We let our oldesst 2 sons pick out our 3rd son's first and middle names, which are pefectly normal names. So when pregnant with #4, our 3rd son wanted to name his baby brother. We were ok with it as long as we, the parents agreed to it just as we did with the older two. Well, lets just say our 4th son was not named Goofy, Spider Man, Rover, Bad Baby, Bat Man, Pig Snout Dripping with Boogers, Big Butt Mama or named Jr after our 3rd son being the Sr. Instead we the parents had to step in and name the poor baby ourselves. I know, we could have had a super cool name for our kid but we just couldn't imagine President Goofy or Judge Pig Snout Dripping with Boogers would being ok with it. We're bad parents, so sue us.

I was very lucky when I was born. It was my mother's intent to name me Jadwiga :roll: a nurse intervened. I got named after the nurse, who had a rather uncommon name but one a bit easier on the tongue. It has only 4 letters but, one must consider my last name has 13 with 3 z's.

I was very lucky when I was born. It was my mother's intent to name me Jadwiga :roll: a nurse intervened. I got named after the nurse, who had a rather uncommon name but one a bit easier on the tongue. It has only 4 letters but, one must consider my last name has 13 with 3 z's.

Hoe did your mom come up with Jadwiga? Is it an ethnic name? Or was it from being creative? You SO dodged a bullet with that one! It almost sounds like an insult instead of a name.

worst name I ever heard, was a girl from my highschool, her name was Ranal... Literally (rr-anal)... She got teased mercilessly!

Hoe did your mom come up with Jadwiga? Is it an ethnic name? Or was it from being creative? You SO dodged a bullet with that one! It almost sounds like an insult instead of a name.

My mom was Russian (Ukrainian) my father Polish. Jadwiga is a historic Polish name, and a pretty cool one. Jadwiga had herself crowned king after her hubby the king died, to show she wasn't just a consort. In German the name is Hedwig and Jadwiga is the patron saint of queens in the RCC. Its a cool name with a cool story but to hook that up with my last name would not be fair.

I did give my DD a Russian boys name, but it goes really well with her middle name (my mothers maiden name) and her rather American last name from her fathers family. She's never complained about it and is rather proud that its unique.

My mom was Russian (Ukrainian) my father Polish. Jadwiga is a historic Polish name, and a pretty cool one. Jadwiga had herself crowned king after her hubby the king died, to show she wasn't just a consort. In German the name is Hedwig and Jadwiga is the patron saint of queens in the RCC. Its a cool name with a cool story but to hook that up with my last name would not be fair.

I did give my DD a Russian boys name, but it goes really well with her middle name (my mothers maiden name) and her rather American last name from her fathers family. She's never complained about it and is rather proud that its unique.

That's a cool history of the name. I was thinking your mom was either picking an ethnic name, or was going the "unique" route. If your mom ended up giving you that name, I think you'd get really tired of explaining the history behind it. I imagine you being 5 years old and reciting the above story in a monotone to yet *another* idiot who's making fun of your name.

Both my sons have Vietnamese middle and last names. For the oldest, I tried to pick one that wasn't as common as the usual middle names (Van, Vinh, etc.) but could pass as an English name as well. For our second son, my husband picked his name and it is most definitely a Vietnamese name and doesn't pass *at all* for English. That doesn't bother me at all. I wanted names that aren't the popular common names, but aren't off the wall either. Just names that aren't used as often but aren't "ugly" sounding (IMO) either.

I heard one lady call out to her daughter: "Alize!" I can't believe she named her after liquor! I mean, if it didn't have the connection to alcohol, I'd think it was pretty.

Jadviga is Polish for Hedwig (Heidi). Heidi is the only version of it that sounds feminine to me : )

When I just read that name quickly I thought it was Jagina... lmao! Duggars just send me to that place! :lol:

Hmm how about Javina? :?

Don't give Josh any ideas. He might lazily scan this thread and suggest "Jadviga" for Michelle's next stillbirth!

Am I being NASTY if I laugh hard?

Maybe Michelle is busy now counting the days until her and Jimboob can have sex again. Since Jubilee was a girl that would mean that Michelle could be pregnant again by March?

I haven't made up my mind about Jessa, probably because I don't watch the show but have seen enough to get the basic idea of their personalities. On one hand, I totally see where you all think of Jessa as pissy and vindictive. On the other hand, I get the impression that she doesn't want the kids to fuck around; the youngest need to get their schoolwork done without goofing off. I get a no nonsense vibe from her when it comes to the kids doing their chores (I refuse to call them jurisdictions) and schoolwork. I'm sure all of you have had times when you just want the task to be finished already and the person whose responsibility it is to do said chore is goofing off and making it take so much longer than it needs to be. It's really frustrating and irritating. I get that vibe from her. She's tired of the bullshit and just wants to get it over with already.

I think Jessa acts the way that any teen would act when they are forced to parent their young siblings, when they might prefer not to have much to do with kids. Or when shoehorned into a motherly role simply because she has a vagina, with absolutely no regard for her actual personality. I tend to give the Duggar kids some leeway while they're at home because their lives are just so restricted and their options for "acting out" without punishment are really limited.

Those people were nuts. If I were days away from giving birth and my husband refused to find us a place to live (then we ended up with 6 kids in a 2 bedroom apt) he would be out on his ass.

Their kid names ran the gamut, though. The girls seemed to have basically normal names (I think one of them was Bethany), then you get Five and his twin brother Holly...

Holly seems to be a pretty popular boys name around where I live. It would be considered an 'either' name I think.

Holly seems to be a pretty popular boys name around where I live. It would be considered an 'either' name I think.

I think his is short for something else...Hollander, maybe? I was just surprised they didn't go with Six :lol:

I've never met a Holly who wasn't female, but I don't know that many Hollys either.

I think Jessa acts the way that any teen would act when they are forced to parent their young siblings, when they might prefer not to have much to do with kids. Or when shoehorned into a motherly role simply because she has a vagina, with absolutely no regard for her actual personality. I tend to give the Duggar kids some leeway while they're at home because their lives are just so restricted and their options for "acting out" without punishment are really limited.

I think you describe the vibe I'm getting from her. She'll do it, but she doesn't have to like it.

Michelle is really busy, doing all sorts of stuff she's not technically allowed to to because of jender roles. Political stuff, networking with QF'ers, planning public appearances, 'writing', talking to her publicist, sex'n up JB. I'm sure she has plenty of time to nap, but it there is work for her to do.

ETA: I posted

You misspelled your daughter's name, Michelle. It's J-O-R-D-Y-N. When you can't spell their names, it means you have too many kids. And why are you so 'busy', you don't work!

I "liked" that one.

That was my first thought though, busy doing WHAT?

I think you describe the vibe I'm getting from her. She'll do it, but she doesn't have to like it.

And that's one thing I'm really angry at M and JB about: that they won't give a girl like Jessa education opportunities. That girl would be great as an office manager or even, later in her life, as a school prinicipal.

I totally understand her behaviour. She's stuck and bored.

Archived