IGNORED

Michelle "too busy" so Jessa assigns jurisdictions

IReallyAmHopewell

I always wondered where on earth the older girls got the name 'Makiya' came from!

So agree Maude and sorry you went through that! As someone who was also taken advantage of by my parents (but luckily no children involved) it took a long time to realise what they were demanding more of me than the norm and the guilt trips that were put in place to make sure I toed the line were greatly influencial for me, so that even when I did stand my ground and say no, I felt bad about myself for doing so. So I can only imagine its the same crap these poor girls are going through, guilted into believing they are doing the right thing, and that they are being selfish if they dare say no! :-(

Thanks. My situation was a bit different in that it was self-imposed (though no adult objections or interjections were made at the time). My mother is mentally ill (which is why I suspect it of Michelle), and when she started to really go downhill, I felt like I had to take care of my younger sister, and I did. I harbour some resentment that my father or someone else in the family didn't say anything, so like you, I can only imagine what the Duggar girls and other SAHDs with younger siblings must be feeling (or would feel, if only they knew), to have that 'mommy' role imposed on them. I feel like I'm trying to induce pity here - rest assured that's not the case. lol Parents who lay guilt trips on their children are not good parents. Period.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. My situation was a bit different in that it was self-imposed (though no adult objections or interjections were made at the time). My mother is mentally ill (which is why I suspect it of Michelle), and when she started to really go downhill, I felt like I had to take care of my younger sister, and I did. I harbour some resentment that my father or someone else in the family didn't say anything, so like you, I can only imagine what the Duggar girls and other SAHDs with younger siblings must be feeling (or would feel, if only they knew), to have that 'mommy' role imposed on them. I feel like I'm trying to induce pity here - rest assured that's not the case. lol Parents who lay guilt trips on their children are not good parents. Period.

I think its therapeutic to share and talk about these things, thats whats great about FJ!

My Mother is mentally ill also, very controlling and I always sought her approval, and I too resent my dad for not getting involved more. Instead he just switched off and didn't care as long as it wasn't him on the firing line of my Mothers episodes.

I agree its safe to say that Duggar Mom had some sort of breakdown after the first miscarriage thats just been convoluted more-so by their religious beliefs and current lifestyle, with all the attention she gets etc.

I truely hope that Jana can escape, for some reason I just see unhappiness in her eyes. I think its telling that we don't see her on this campaign trail and that in the last year or more she has been very much a background character, not at the forefront of interviews or family goings-on etc.

I've just had the most painful eyeroll ever. My eyes almost turned completely around just to roll all the way back into their place.

What IS Michelle doing all day again? Precious tiny blessing Josie has been handed off to whichever older girl they picked. The kids do all the cleaning. The older boys do the yard work. Jill cooks. Grams does the laundry. So when she's not out campaigning against people's right to do whatever they please, what is she doing besides trying to get pregnant again risking her life and either deliver a baby months early or miscarry it? There is no housekeeping or mothering done by her.

As for misspelling Jordyn's name - I'd rather keep quiet about it. (BTW it's an awesome name and I love the spelling.) That's your daughter, dammit.

I think its therapeutic to share and talk about these things, thats whats great about FJ!

My Mother is mentally ill also, very controlling and I always sought her approval, and I too resent my dad for not getting involved more. Instead he just switched off and didn't care as long as it wasn't him on the firing line of my Mothers episodes.

I agree its safe to say that Duggar Mom had some sort of breakdown after the first miscarriage thats just been convoluted more-so by their religious beliefs and current lifestyle, with all the attention she gets etc.

I truely hope that Jana can escape, for some reason I just see unhappiness in her eyes. I think its telling that we don't see her on this campaign trail and that in the last year or more she has been very much a background character, not at the forefront of interviews or family goings-on etc.

My father's the same way - likes to pretend certain things aren't happening. He's a good man, just not very assertive (read: door mat).

I agree about Jana. I know she's shy, and I respect her not wanting to be constantly filmed, but I'm curious about what's going on with her just the same. I hold out hope that she's questioning the craziness. Joy-Anna too. She seems really unhappy in the 'feminine' role her older sisters have all seemed to embrace. I want to introduce her to my sister, who would 'corrupt' her nine ways to Sunday. lol (Short hair, rock and indie music, tight jeans and video games).

Edited to quote.

Did Michelle spell Jordyn's name wrong in that article?? Not that that would be a surprise.

It's possible her computer program automatically 'corrected' the spelling of Jordyn to Jordan. I know a woman named Rosamary, but if I type her name in an e-mail , it 'corrects' it to Rosemary.

What does Michelle do make babies

What does Michelle do give birth

What does Michelle do hold the new baby and smile for pictures

What does Michelle do in the middle of making babies and births goes on vacations,smiles for more

Pictures,and does a hole lot of nothing. :naughty:

It's possible her computer program automatically 'corrected' the spelling of Jordyn to Jordan. I know a woman named Rosamary, but if I type her name in an e-mail , it 'corrects' it to Rosemary.

Clearly they should have consulted MS Word's spellchecker every time they had a child - then Jordyn and Jinger wouldn't have to live with misspelled names!

All I got from that article is that she has other things to do that are far more important than being a mother.

She doesn't teach her children-Jessa "helps

She doesn't cook-That's what the older girls are for

She doesn't do laundry-Jinger and Grandma Duggar do that

Yep, she definitely deserved that Mother of the Year award.

Awww poor Michelle gave birth to 19 kids and this poor lazy women has to do much to do.She has to give speeches,sign books,appear on the today show and talk to reporters guess that doesn't leave time for anything else like taking care of children maybe.I think I would give Michelle the lazy mother of the year award.

OMG we could totally have a ceremony, where we have another mother of the year award for Michelle... then when they all show upl we give her the plaque that says "LAZIEST MOTHER OF THE YEAR!" and then give the oldest girls "SISTER MOM OF THE YEAR" awards, and they would get chocolate while Michelle got coal.

My Great (maybe another great even) Grandparents had a baby and let the older sister name him. She named him something like Ethel or Eunice or some other very old fashioned very girly name. And they LET HER! :o :lol: Everybody called him Bob.

OMG we could totally have a ceremony, where we have another mother of the year award for Michelle... then when they all show upl we give her the plaque that says "LAZIEST MOTHER OF THE YEAR!" and then give the oldest girls "SISTER MOM OF THE YEAR" awards, and they would get chocolate while Michelle got coal.

I'd love to buy a two dollar cat bed at walmart, paint it gold, and write 'Laziest mother of the year' on it and mail it to them. It's like, the Golden Raspberry of parenting.

My Great (maybe another great even) Grandparents had a baby and let the older sister name him. She named him something like Ethel or Eunice or some other very old fashioned very girly name. And they LET HER! :o :lol: Everybody called him Bob.

My friend was allowed to name her younger sister, so the woman must live with the name Cinderella. She goes by Cindy, but still. STILL.

My friend was allowed to name her younger sister, so the woman must live with the name Cinderella. She goes by Cindy, but still. STILL.

That's why Rosie O'Donnel's older daughter is Chelsea Belle. She let Parker pick one of her names and he picked "Belle" from Beauty and the Beast. Not as bad as Cinderella though!

That's why Rosie O'Donnel's older daughter is Chelsea Belle. She let Parker pick one of her names and he picked "Belle" from Beauty and the Beast. Not as bad as Cinderella though!

I worked with two sisters who were from Laos. They had traditional names (Pang, Mai), but one was allowed to name their youngest sister, who was named "Blossom". Yeah, she got named after the Mayim Bialik's character on the mid 90's tv show with the same title.

I don't want to quote everybody, I'd just like to add that little Blossom is very lucky that it wasn't Six she was named after.

I don't want to quote everybody, I'd just like to add that little Blossom is very lucky that it wasn't Six she was named after.

Isn't it the new thing to name your child a number now? Bravo had a show about a couple that did remodels and I think one of their children was named Five.

Isn't it the new thing to name your child a number now? Bravo had a show about a couple that did remodels and I think one of their children was named Five.

On Blossom, Six said her father told her she was named Six because that's how many beers it took him to hump her mom and get her pregnant with her. Today, this will be on fuckmylife.com. And would win the internets.

I don't know about this name thing being a trend or anything, but I know about subcultures where they name children after movie heroes, singers, games, fictious characters. I'm talking about names like Naruto, Marlonbrando (sic), Nintendo, Jaylo, etc.

After umpteen kids who would care what it's name was--you'd always be saying "JOshJoeJessaJas...whoeverthehellyouare" so it doesn't really matter. Jim-bob wasn't wild about Makya in Jordyn's name though. Of all the things they do, I'd say this one is pretty harmless. My sister-in-law was named by her sisters too. DE-bra...........it gets worse if you know their last name which I will not be sharing or confirming!!!! She managed.

Which reminds me--many QF/P believe girls can't have masculine names (a name that's ever been a male name). So how did Jordyn get in--or is it that spelled with a "y" it has never been a man's name?

Shirley, Beverly, Marion, Carol, Vivian, Joselyn, Evelyn have all been men's names..........not to mention all the "either" names today like Payton, Taylor, Ryan, etc

My friend's parents thought they were having a boy so didn't have a name for their newborn daughter. They asked my friend, aged three, for ideas, and she said 'Alice in Wonderland'. Luckily they just went with Alice. I think it's kind of cute!

I always wondered how come the Duggars gave all the girls (okay, almost all the girls) really funky and hot names (I esp love their middle names) while they blessed the boys with biblical names. Joshua, John, Joseph etc are pretty common although biblical but they went a bit too far with Jedidiah. I wonder how could they resist Jesus? It's fairly common in South American countries.

Archived