IGNORED

Miss Raquel's mother is selling her wedding dress

formergothardite

The only way I would wear that fugly piece of fabric she calls a wedding dress, is if she cut off the sleeves, and the bubbly puffy bottom piece whatever it's called, and even then I'd dye it black or red and wear it to the club or something.

I sure as hell wouldn't pay $300+ on it. Maybe $100.

I sell on etsy; no one is going to buy that for 349.00, when there are gorgeous vintage dresses with Chantilly lace and beading out there for less money.

In better news, I now know who they are on etsy. I have had a fundie sale or two, as they do love their vintage aprons and frumpers!

Why is she selling it NOW? Surely you'd sell it at the time, when it's in style, or keep it forever! They must be hard up financially or something....

Guest Anonymous

In better news, I now know who they are on etsy. I have had a fundie sale or two, as they do love their vintage aprons and frumpers!

So have you made a business out of buying crappy frumpers from Goodwill, and advertising them with all the Fundie Bullshit Bingo tags you can get in a listing..... :lol:

"Modest feminine jumper, with sweet neckline to cover your womanly form and draw attention to your Godly countenance...."

I think they think it is artistic. Miss Raquel also has an etsy shop where she sells the photos she has taken for $20 each.

What I want to know, though, is if she has finally bought something from etsy so she can mark it off her bucket list and her New Year's resolution list.

Wow, really? $20 for those. Well, then, if she can get people to buy those, I hae a couple really good and pretty pictures I have snapped I should consider selling too. I could use some extra moolah. ;)

Why is she selling it NOW? Surely you'd sell it at the time, when it's in style, or keep it forever! They must be hard up financially or something....

That is what I am thinking. Pehaps the cost of thee horse was way more than they thought.

Will people PLEASE stop trying to bring the '80's back. From what I can remember of that time - it was horrid. Just stop. Take it to Savers or Goodwill like every other 80's bride. That way I can buy if for a dollar and torch the hell out of it!

Will people PLEASE stop trying to bring the '80's back. From what I can remember of that time - it was horrid. Just stop. Take it to Savers or Goodwill like every other 80's bride. That way I can buy if for a dollar and torch the hell out of it!

Heck no, lady! I sell more Golden Girls apparel to women in Manhattan than almost anything else. I have some lovely things from 20s-70s, however, it is the hideous stuff that sells. Really. The "graffiti cocoon top"? I think Dorothy wore it in @ least one episode. (I agree with you; the punk holdover stuff is the only 80s stuff I like. I lived it, hated it too!)

I have sold something I listed as a "frumper". Called it "modest" and it sold within a few days.

Heck no, lady! I sell more Golden Girls apparel to women in Manhattan than almost anything else. I have some lovely things from 20s-70s, however, it is the hideous stuff that sells. Really. The "graffiti cocoon top"? I think Dorothy wore it in @ least one episode. (I agree with you; the punk holdover stuff is the only 80s stuff I like. I lived it, hated it too!)

I have sold something I listed as a "frumper". Called it "modest" and it sold within a few days.

Oh! I am total vintage all the way! I love dresses from the 40's, 50's and 60's. I usually only buy vintage pieces and get a few versatile pieces to go with them all. But the '80 - no! Shoulder pads and the colors - the patterns. The buttons. The "poofness" --- No----that sounds like a taffeta and crushed velvet nightmare!

I see all the fashion mags are trying to tell me to dress like that - I'll be out of style this season. I'll skip this like the animal print phase!

Plus - where I live; the '80's fashions just arrived........ and I dress to feel girly and pretty. Not to be "ironic" and "hipster." ;P

Wow, really? $20 for those. Well, then, if she can get people to buy those, I hae a couple really good and pretty pictures I have snapped I should consider selling too. I could use some extra moolah. ;)

That's what I was thinking!

Oh! I am total vintage all the way! I love dresses from the 40's, 50's and 60's. I usually only buy vintage pieces and get a few versatile pieces to go with them all. But the '80 - no! Shoulder pads and the colors - the patterns. The buttons. The "poofness" --- No----that sounds like a taffeta and crushed velvet nightmare!

I see all the fashion mags are trying to tell me to dress like that - I'll be out of style this season. I'll skip this like the animal print phase!

Plus - where I live; the '80's fashions just arrived........ and I dress to feel girly and pretty. Not to be "ironic" and "hipster." ;P

The 80s fashion has been in full swing here for a while. I want it to go out of style already. I'm sick of leggings and super skinny jeans. The 80s does not suit this body. The only thing that really works for me are the long tunic tops but I don't like the long white ones that look like a wifebeater shirt all stretched out.

I was teasing! I seriously think to myself, when thrifting/estate saleing: "Good Lord, that is hideous. Some hipster in Brooklyn will be wearing this inside 2 weeks", and I am rarely wrong! People who did not live in the real 80s, the horrible oversized shaker sweaters from the Limited, the novelty sweaters with the white sheep and the one black sheep, the neon...just...no. I recently saw my oldest sister's prom photos, and all I could think of was "Dang, she was so close to Jesus with that hair, I am sure he helped her get named Prom Queen!" Her dress was very similar to Miss Raquel's mom's, but kelly green with a giant Madonna bow on the back.

I would Mama Raquel's dress at 100, no more. And, LADIES: just as an aside: sweat stains do not come out. They do not, will not come out of vintage acetate, rayon or velvet: Do not buy things with underarm stains, unless you are making it sleeveless with your mad SAHD skills, or wearing a cardigan over it. This PSA brought to you by Angri-la, who has made that mistake so you don't have to!

Archived